Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Barbara
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Good morning,

My preference would be to know what price I'm being charged before I respond.  It should be a set fee no matter the type of request as well.  That would make things much easier.  There is never enough detail in the email I receive and I may not bid because I think it's not a good one to bid on.  I have yet to get hired from a post and just got charged for one this weekend that ended up being an emergency call.  I have lots of ideas as to how this site could be improved and considering leaving because of the waste of time in receiving the bids for things I don't do.  I would be happy to talk with you if you want to hear my thoughts.

Thanks,

Barbara

Solved! Jump to solution

Of late, I've had two responses to quotes that turned out to be flaky people who never followed through. I did my part, and yet I lost money on the deal. It's hard for me to pay $13 or $14 just because someone reached out to ask if my rate was hourly or monthly. If this isn't obvious enough, it is stated clearly in the quote. Then, when they find out that the price is higher than they'd like to pay, they ghost. I feel like the current system is crippling my business, and it makes me less likely to use Thumbtack for my marketing needs.

Solved! Jump to solution
The new service that thumbtack is using is horrible, I have the match system home inspections and it cost me almost more, I charge an average 250 for basic home inspection, your service charges me on average over 100, and I don’t even get to talking to a potential customer, they just view the automatically generated reply by your firm and then I am charged whether the contact me or not, this is not fair at all. I log on to system on weekends and I see ten to fifteen home inspection quotes and I never received any thing. It’s totally unfair, you’all To go back to quoting system like before. It was fair and reasonable and everybody wins. For anyone starting out stay away from home advisor and angie’s List, they are owned by same firm, their background checks actually cost you over a grand to join
0 Kudos
Amandamount
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
My weekly report always says that I have had a lot of referrals but who were they and how do I find out exactly who they went to.
Also I am a wedding officiant only but get referrals sent for notarizing and I wonder if I am paying for a service I do not offer.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
TLFitness
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I think the most confusing thing about pricing is how inconsistent it is. Since a lot of the factors that determine pricing are out of my control or information I’m not aware of prior to sending a quote (what thumbtack finds to be a more valuable project, limited service providers, etc) I find myself often sending quotes and waiting to see what that cost, which obviously limits how many quotes I send since due to the unknown!

DJKee
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Prices are extreme
4 The Pro...the unknown cost is disappointing....then cost itself truly effects the cost of overall business and I personally bid less often due to the cost and try to reach customers by other marketing tools.
The customers at times are unaware that each pro who they contact pays a healthy amount for a simple question....some are not even prepared to hire....more just doing research for their upcoming project.
It's definitely the pro responsibility to sell themselves after contact....but a lot of folks are simply researching or looking for guidance....I have multiple customers request illegal cds to be made for their event and i have to pay Thumbtack for them asking me that question after I bid and customer contact me
It's truly a turn off...
Lazza6276
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I hate the way you price now. I liked the way it was before. I was I knew what the price was upfront and it was much more affordable. Now, if someone just responds to something I get charged quadruple. It makes me not want to use this service anymore. I'm not wasting my hard earned money on quotes that I dont even know how much it is going to cost me. If it was back to the way it was before then I would stay on board. As of right now I will find another way to market my services.
MarkJones
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
A year ago when I started my Real Estate photography company quotes were around $6 for $150 to $200 photography jobs. Now they are $18-$22 per qoute for the same photography jobs. That’s nearly a 300% Thumbtack price increase. I’ve tried raising my prices to absorb Thumbtacks price increase now hardly anyone is buying from me. I’ve stood up for Thumbtack in Real Estate forums, and Drone photography forums for over a year....not anymore. Very disappointed in Thumbtack rainsing their prices to what Bark charges. Bark is horrible. Just put your prices back to where they were Thumbtack.
0 Kudos
Nobleman
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I have been with thumbtacks since 2014. During that time it was very easy to know how much I was spending and how much each job would cost me to send a quote. Now I don't know how much I'm spending until I'm billed. That's one of the biggest reasons why I don't use instant match. I'm glad that Thumbtack is always looking to improve but I think it needs to go back to when pricing was more transparent.
cjw496
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumbtack was much better when I started using it and it functioned with a credit system. You knew up front exactly how much you would be paying to send a quote, and it was never more than a few dollars. It is absolutely absurd that now I cannot know how much a quote will cost, and that I might get charged as much as $25-30 for a $200 gig; it adds an unnecessary level of confusion and frustration to my work. I would consider no more than 5% of my total fee either split between me and the customer or paid entirely by the customer to be a fair price for a quote IF THE GIG IS BOOKED. This is how services like Gigsalad work, and it’s fantastic because then it becomes in both my and the booking service’s best interests for me to not just receive responses from potential clients, but to actually book as many gigs as possible. If I get the gig through your service, I’m more than happy to pay a small booking fee as long as I know ahead of time exactly what that will be. If I don’t get the gig and you still charge me, I feel cheated and am less likely to pursue work through your service in the future.