Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Since your new pricing has taken place, the desire to submit a bid has been less than desirable.  What I used to pay $5-15 for, I pay $50-75.  There is rarely enough information provided to judge what the value of the project is to warrant the pricing.  I agree with some other post that Thumbtack was more desirable than Angie's List and Hom Advisor, now not so much.  The old format was better overall. 

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Nothing confusing about pricing, just way too expensive. At this time last year I spent $125 and received 25 to 30 contacts. Now I just spent $21 on one contact you marked expired and they are no longer responding. I received a message October 4th saying you adjusted prices, from when I see you raised them. Not the direction I was hoping, I cannot afford this anymore.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I have never gotten a job on here. People have actually admitted to me they are just getting pricing ideas. I’ve stopped using Thumbtack. I used to think it was a good deal, but no longer. 

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
I'm not paying anymore. I stopped using your service. The fake leads you generate, and the constant fee increasing has priced you out of my range. I don't want to pay for leads that don't generate income. It was great when a lead cost less then $5 for me. I'm a fricking hot dog cart.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I run a handyman service and that entails taking all the small construction jobs that contractors don't wanna deal with and also the jobs that some homeowners don't know how to do themselves ie maintenance. There are lots of other things I can do as a handyman, such as furniture assembly or hanging shelves. What I don't understand is why it isn't itemized out when money is taken out of the account and we are charged I can't tell which lead I'm being charged for and when a customer isn't really serious about needing work done most of the time it costs me money and I never hear from them again. Lastly as a handyman (in California) I'm not allowed to bid a job for more than $600 and yet sometimes I'm being charged around $40-$50, and when alot of the time it doesn't mean I got the job but since I got one message asking my availability and I respond immediately only to not have a response back, yet I'm charged almost 15% of what the maximum amount I can charge. There's something wrong there. Also I am not required to have an official contractors license but can do any job on a residential or commercial building as long as it's under $600... Yet the app won't let me send a quote without a license when the job can be done for under that price I should be allowed to send a quote. Something should be done there and in closing I feel I should not be charged over a certain amount or for customers that aren't serious and are typically "browsing".
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Paying a fixed percentage of actual revenue earned is the most fair makes the most sense.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

First of all your method for allowing a user to choose between property management and association management is not at all clear.  It's not clear to the person requesting the service and it isn't very clear on my end when I receive the request.  They both look like requests for property management.  

As far as pricing, I pay a fair amount for leads that actually respond to my messages very few that result in closed business.  I don't know if it's me, or there are just a lot of people out there kicking tires.  I have used other lead sources with similar results.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

The pricing should be no more than $5 to bid PERIOD.  I also feel that you should not be charged when dialoguing with a customer.  I've also noticied that sometimes clients do not hire via Thumbtack.  If this happens everyone who submits a bid should be refunded.

Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

tt-fix.jpg   Hello Vinamrata,   first off, thank you for your interest to make Thumbtack better.  This new transition into "instant matches" is correct, however there are two or three problems.

1) As, attached... It is very very very important in my opinion that you change the ability of users to only be able to select "ONE" not two, or three options, on the attached screen capture.  I have recieved way way too many folks who need an architect and select both 3D modeling and Architect.    I personally am not interested in any Architectural assignments.  There should be a filter to keep them instant matches on my end!   I can't warn you enough.  I've told Thumbtack over and over about this.  And, now... I'm seeing, and paying for these types of customers.  I believe if you only allowed one selection, that it would force most Architectural customers to receive the more accurate indivuduals qualified.  Otherwise, there's potential lawsuits that could arrise if a "designer" makes an architectural drawing for a cutomer who is just trying to save money, and in the end, doesn't receive the correct drawings which can lead to a lawsuit, let alone wasted money on endless jobs you potentially might match me with, which I have no no no interest in supporting.  Yet, here they are now showing up on my Instant Matches.    So, please fix this.    My phone is 1-970-980-1777 and I am eager to speak with customer support about this problem. 

Lastly,  instant matches should only be in effect during my registered on Thumbtack office hours.  I'm receiving instant matches outside my business working hours, and that's not going to fly.  I'll burn through my weekly budget too fast on both accounts.   Is this clear?  If I set my hours to 9-5 mon-sat.   I should not receive instant matches I pay for when someone selects me, when it's during my office closed hours.  I won't be able to respond.   So, to fix this... you need to possibly make it so, if someone contacts me, I don't pay for the contact, unless I respond back to the customer.   At this time, I'm paying for people at odd times of the day when I need peace.  IS THIS CLEAR?

Thank you in advance, Chris

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

I have charges in the folllowing amounts:

1/31    $12.15

3/8     $15.53

5/22   $12.50

6/26   $13.39

Please explain these different amounts. There are others also, but each of these appears to be charges for a single contact and I don't understand why they are different. 

0 Likes