Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
DrHilt
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Totally agree.  Totally and I responded with the same answer.  I have not replied to anyone because I do not want to be charged.

Solved! Jump to solution

@DrHilt Perfect!!

0 Kudos
Willowhill
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree..you do a job for fifty dollars and get charge. 20.00. not much there..
Gee
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I too agree the pricing for us the pro's is too high. I liked the credits but should be only if the reply. and they should eat half the fee cause it would make them reply and not waste our time and money. They want our service most other site charge them. I am about to leave the site cause I am losing 50 bucks a month in your fee system.

Eric
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Which sites charge the customer to request a price quote

EmeraldFox
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
I don’t think the customer should have to be charged, I’d never pay for the chance to talk to someone I may want to hire. I wish it could be more targeted, as to which leads you are charged for. I’ve gotten a couple people who ask questions and seem interested, then when someone under bids me, there goes the lead!

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree with charging a set lower price, especially with the low quality of the leads. However, I don't agree with charging the customer. You will knock a large pool of potential clients out of the pool if you do that.

Spike
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Totaly agree to charge client a fee, lot of them just window shopping or they aren't real client, maybe is other vendor pretend to be a client and asking price with other vendors. I like the free quote system now (really hate the old system, which is I need to pay every quote I sent to the client, that is a terrible) , it's ok they just take a look our quote, but they should be charge if the client wants to communicate with the vendor, so they will get serious about their action, not just asking around then leave.

Jill-Smiley
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
AMEN... what happened to $3.33‼️
PropPicz
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

This is so true! I remember when it was $ 3.33. I have been with Thumbtack for 5 plus years and the prices have QUADRUPLED! Who does that to their vendors!?  Now they have automatic 'click bait' for the potential customer. I have to pay $30-$40 just for a customer to ask "Are you available on my date?"  

I can't afford this much longer. I have made many attempts at discussion with them to no avail.

There are new sites out there with heavier traffic now anyway.  Thumbtack does not respond well to letting them know we are drowning in their price hike.  

Here is a suggestion...  "Take a commission on the jobs we actually get hired on"