Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
The opportunity with thumbtack is there. There is potential. But it’s just to unsteady for me. For the line of business I do (pressure washing) the price is all over the place. It’s critical for the customer to give the correct information. Thumbtack will give the project sq ft. Which the customer assumes is their homes sq ft. So a back porch which is 200 sq ft a $60 job let’s say outside of thumbtack is a $49 contact. All due to the fact the customer stated their whole home sq ft of 4000 sq ft. With instant match on I’m now in the hole. Due to me having to charge so much more to make up for all the additional charges. Next rant is the customer not understanding how thumbtack works for pros. I understand you want the best pro for your probject. But to ask each pro a question that was more than likely stated in the quote or on their profile the contact was irrelevant. Now the industry as a whole was charged $40 x’s 8 pros. Then you wake up tomorrow to find out the customer canceled the project. Starting to get annoyed and over it honestly.
DREAMfab
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I don’t necessarily have a problem paying to bid on a job. I do like seeing what I’m going to pay upfront for the bid though, even if pricing is a little high at least I see what I’m paying - but what I do have a problem with is when a customer is “ready to hire” and ends up just saying a simple thank you and no work is performed but yet we still get charged the full amount for the bid. I understand you charging me for the bid because it’s my responsibility to sell myself and “win” the customer but in my personal opinion we should get half of bid amount back of if no work is performed/someone else gets hired.

Another issue I would like to bring up is leads, for example I’m a fence installer and stair remodeler but I get lots of leads for a sink and faucet install, garbage disposal, paint removal, and drywall? Those leads have nothing to do with me lol Is there a way to change that or how is your system filter everything?
0 Kudos
SMedaglia18
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

First, I never know what I am going to be charged for anything. Second, I still have charges for ROBO calls and not real clients that I am not happy about. I sent several emails and still have not gotten refunded. I think there should be some form of a price list so I can have a better understanding of what to expect instead of having to fight it after you've already billed my credit card. It takes several steps and a lot of time to do this and it becomes very frustrating. I think the charges for home organizing projects is reasonable. However, I have refrained from accepting interior design jobs because John Ainley who I found on here paid me a total of $195, your fee was about $49, ( DON'T HAVE THE AMOUNT HANDY RIGHT NOW - YOU CAN LOOK IT UP) that is outrageous. That job was never one that would have amounted to anything more than a few hours of consulting. I don't know how you can determine what size an interior design job will be. You can have a low, medium and high price that is fixed and you can apply that to each job and post those prices so they can be open for discussion to see if you are charging a reasonable fee. The way you're doing it right now is really BAD. How would you like to go shopping and every item that you want to purchase has no price tag attached to it and when you get to the check out counter, the cashier looks at the item and determines what he/she thinks the value is and charges you accordingly? Do you think you would continue to shop there? that's what it's like using Thumbtack. If there are set prices somewhere, then I am unaware of where to find them.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Susan Medaglia

0 Kudos
Bettywb
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Since you set up the new payment system, I have not been able to send quotes. I live on a set income and would love to be able to prepay what I can afford at least until I can build up my business. I can't afford to st a weekly amount. Have you ever considered a pricing for those who are on a limited budget?
0 Kudos
fantastic4
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Hello.....
I responded to so called folks that were interested in booking my photo booths for their event. All I got was $30.00 charges!!!!!! Ridiculous!!!!! Now I do not answer any of your posts.
Wayne Fritz
Hollywood Star Photo Booth
0 Kudos
StacyRae24
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

The fact that we get charged for any type of contact, regardless of if the client decides to book with me is ridiculous.  I have not booked one client from this site.  However, if a client has a question and emails back regarding my quote, I'm charged regardless.  Some people just email you back to say they've picked someone else....there goes another $20-25 from my account.  I'm ready to leave and just take my chances advertising on free social media--where I've booked most of my clients already.

0 Kudos
ryangorey
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Lets just discuss this: Why did quotes use to get refunded if it was not viewed within 48 hours? I have clients who respond 2 weeks after I sent a quote, and I get charged $50. Since there is no refund period, I get about 3 paid quotes every moth I have to pass on because we book the date long before the client responds. I have sent less quotes and have paid about 110% more with less leads. For this reason, I have not booked as many jobs off of Thumbtack.

Robert5585
Level 4
I stop using this page because prices are too high and now to many people can bid on one job before the prices use to be more competitive with companies
TRegis
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I've been charged quite a lot. I think about $50? If have to check. I've only gotten 2 clients. I feel like the price is too high. Ppl contact me, I reply then they don't book but I'm still paying.
0 Kudos
Kozi
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

A homeowner simply asking a question should not be considered a lead. A lead should only be charged when a customer inputs there address and schedule into thumbtack. For example
Me: sounds good! What’s your address along with the best time to come out?
Homeowner: 0009 home rd between 9-1.
Me: ok you are confirmed thanks and see you soon!

I’m being charged for a homeowner saying my furnace is gas. Nothing more to our conversation. No acceptance to work being done is not a reason to charge us. I’m at a point now where if this continues to be your policy I’m done with thumbtack. I’ve spent 100.00’s of dollars a month for nothing in return.

Matt Kozicki
0 Kudos