Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Barahona5690
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
Exactly it’s getting to expensive it almost expensive as home advisor i cant send to many quotes because of that one reply and is 15 dollars

Solved! Jump to solution
Me too!

Solved! Jump to solution

They charge us even if we click decline because the customer showed interest....it's turning completely unfair.

Highlighted
MrsOutlaw
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I totally agree. We were incented to buy more credits and would buy a block every month or two. We dealt with the "no volume-discount, cash model" as it still augmented out fairly seasonal business in the slow times. Now, it is not affordable and ridiculous that I get charged if someone sends a one line reply back and I never hear from them again. We just can't afford this model, and it seems very un-small business friendly.

Also, now with catering, they did away with the amount the customer wants to spend. So if I'm in the $20-$30/person range and the customer is looking for $10/person catering, I've jsut wasted my money and time. 

Frank
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Value the gig by time stamped video....and have a real bartender give you the value of reasonable pay and tip potential.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I like the way the site is operating for me, now.  I'm seeing fewer jobs (seasonal) but I'm only bidding on the jobs I want.  This is working better for me.  And I prefer this to Angies List and Home Advisor.   We don't get enough leads from Angies List to juctify their $350/mon fee.  And Home advisor just buries us with jobs that are too small to do beyond 5 miles from the yard.  We advertise across a 50 mile radius,  But if truth be told you're all parasitic, yes?   Hell, what's a little more overhead...  

ProJoes
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
While the fees are a bit crazy right now...I’m bothered less by that as I am the amount of ‘Pros’ that are allowed to bid at once. I recently went to quote a job and the homeowner said something to the fact of “I have twelve other people coming out to bid...so your price better be low”

My belief is that Thumbtack is driving down the market averages for us.

Solved! Jump to solution
joe that is exactly what is happening I also have had customers say the same to me. I honestly believe Thumbtack is generating leads for us to respond for their own profit. More quotes per job posted = thumbtack rich

We are all paying 7 dollars a quote mutiply that by 12 or 17 pros...who's making the money here, us or thumbtack?
Mkat4464
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I had given a quote to someone a couple years ago. He called me to set up an appointment. He asked the cost again and said he thought it was different, i explained it was per visit. He then told me, I’m getting other quotes. I wished him well and said goodbye! Lol! There’s no negotiating the rates.
Arut842000
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I think the only one confused here is you!!! I was a Top Pro for 3 years in a row and this last year you decided to change the requirements in the middle of the program making it unreachable!!! I’ve called 4 to 5 times spent over an hour each time with your Customer service representative trying to explain to them how these changes are absolutely ridiculous and the fact that you’re sending me quotes to bid on that aren’t anywhere near my travel boundaries. Buying credits at $3.33 was perfect. I’ve been hired over 72 times. The minute you changed it I never got the job but you charged me $10.00-12.00 a quote. Who are you to tell me how valuable a pet sitting job is??? I’ve had people contact me to just check out prices and didn’t even have a trip planned. They called the different pros to see the pricing differences and you made 10.00 off each pro and not one of us got a job!!!! I’m done with Thumbtack and it’s nice to know I’m not alone. Greed is your biggest problem. And FYI I’m totally lucid and not confused one bit!!!! You obviously are the only one confused!