Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
The instant match system is working for me, I do make back what I pay so it's worth it. Unfortunately, there are some shady things that happen though. I get phone calls from "contacts" that never show up on my phone as a missed call. The only way I even know these people called me is because I get emails telling me to ask people for reviews and I've never spoken to these people. These quotes don't show in your inbox, you have to search through your sent quotes to find them and find out what number called you. When I call them back they tell me they never put a request for the service and their name doesn't even match the name on the request. I also get a lot of people that click those automatic response buttons and then I never hear from them again.
It's weird because you're appreciative of the hires you get but in the back of my mind I know some of these are a scam and I'm wasting money. Thumbtack will only refund for these if you mark it as a scam I just recently found out.
Trina
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I love Thumbtack and the new pricing structure. Before, the credit structure, I rarely got a job and each job would cost me a lot of money. Now, I am getting much more relevant inquiries and getting many jobs for a fraction of the price! Very happy about it.
Edendenae
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I think it’s set up like a money scam. The customers can push “sounds good what’s next?” I get charged $34 and never hear from them again. I would be fine paying 10% of jobs that I’m actually hired for to thumbtack, but less and less people actually book and more and more people are responding. It costs way too much money and isn’t a good ROI. Either lower the prices or have it be that they have to book you or message a few times at least before we are charged.
AJ-Gonzalez
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

when I started using Thumbtack as a searcher you might have not many options. When I started using it as a professional then  discovered you need to pay to be contacted, and every zip code or area is different. for me is a red flag to charge variable rates. I dont know the quality of the lead. A prospect can be just curious asking as many does and pay $25 for that type of lead doesnt makes sense. If You charge $300 or $500 might as well anyone pay their own Google or FAcebook ads and receive more for their bucks.

I know you have something good in hand and trying to find a solution. You need to provide value as many apps have done. I can get a Lead prospect in Craigslist or facebook for free, at the same time I know if I pay I will get more.

You need to provide good value both ways. Simply as people wants to be where people is. 

as right now your pricing and strategy is not very good to the users only for thumbtack -  

Kathy2010
Level 5
I just received a request for an engagement session outdoors in Nov. The cost for that is $24.35 are you kidding me expresly when the client only wants to pay $100.00 ????
Something is wrong!!!
Tom Miller
GK
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

My biggest complaints on the current charging paradigm are twofold: when prospects respond to follow ups with "I have already chosen another professional" and when I am charged for the contact from a perspective client for me when they cannot be a client.  In the latter, it is almost always because they want me to take their insurance and I don't take insurance.  So here are some suggestions.  

It would be great if prospective customers for my professional services, psychotherapist, had to check a box in their request form that says whether they planned to use insurance for the work they are requesting.  Then in my profile I could say I do not take insurance and your software would make it that I wouldn't see these folks requests.  

As for prospects already having chosen someone else, maybe you could remove them from my sent file, or make them as already engaged or pending engagement once they contact another professional.  It seems you are double dipping, getting paid twice or more, when the prospect contacts multiple professionals.  How about managing the software so prospects can contact one pro at a time and mark them as hired or not, and then if they are still looking they can contact the next one.  

Thanks for asking for feedback,

GK

Fitnatixx221
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Not sure how you decide on the actual charge through the conversations with the client but i personally will get many inquiries along with questions that they ask and availability...then when we are responding with information that they themselves are asking they never respond back. How does the charge work then. When is a charge considered valid and invalid with each individual client?
Highlighted
Fitnatixx221
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Also, how do you determine the pricing for each charge? Because it definitely fluctuates and is never steady or even close to the same. I feel that a set rate should be charged based on responses but the client also should get charged if they are trying to shop multiple trainers at a time. Especially when we give accurate information on what they are asking for then no longer respond. Hopefully this can be resolved and we can continue doing good business together 🙏🏽
0 Kudos
Damien
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Hello I was very excited to have Thumbtack to help me with my business and to help me with my jobs but now that I use thumbtack it takes a lot of money to send quotes out I think we are getting over charge to send quotes in to get jobs this is really unfair we have to pay 40 to $50 if people reply to us and they don't even want our services sometime... this was a very good and healthy way to help people with their businesses but now you all are trying to overcharge us and that is not fair at all.. I have had Thumbtack helping me with my business for the last 2 years and right now is the worst time to have Thumbtack $60 just to reply to people.. it's outrageous I just knew once this company get popular I knew y'all were going to start overcharging us... it's ridiculous to have to pay $200 to y'all and I only get one job and sometime that one job don't even cover the Thumbtack expenses
DrLinda
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
1. I don't want to pay $20 or so to answer a question from a prospective client. It is unreasonable.
2. The system by which you assess the value of a project is not transparent. Plus, people do not describe their projects accurately.
3. There are a lot of tire kickers. Charge a modest flat rate per contact e.g $5 and a larger amount per hire.
Thanks for asking.