Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
CIHI
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Your pricing has gotten out of hand!! There is no standard. I will make 2-3 contacts with potential clients and you charge me about $65 for jobs that I have not scheduled just as long as the client looks at my responseto their request. I prefere your pricing when it was a flate fee $3.33. If there is no change I will be removing my company from Thumbtack.

0 Kudos
Djgeo
Level 5

I have spent over $300 on your service i am a Dj and i have not ever gotten a Gig from your site. I feel like it is a scam. When you guys came on board things were working fine once you got bigger your started ripping off the VENDOR that's not fair to us this is why i stopped. I found myself spending for nothing. Gig Master is a head ache also ,but i don't spend as much as i did with Thumbtack.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I have refrained from accepting great jobs because I'm afraid of being charged for each job. I think being charged for leads is unfair unless an actual job is attained. Otherwise, small businesses end up paying tons of money to get leads with few to no returns. That is not an effective business model.

Thank you for your time!
Airfix1234
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
As of know I have no questions in regards to pricing. So, far thumbtack has worked great for our company.
JohnM
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
I am not the lowest price Notary in my market.
I don't work for peanuts.
Your system is design to make money for proposal, I will never be accepted because my price for a professional
Many Notaries are for coffee money. I am a knowledgeable professional
Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mary
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

There are too many Thumbtack customers who are just fishing and not really interested in the services.  I am charged a high and fluctuating fee when customers just ask if I am available on a specific date.  If I am not available, I am still charged as much as $25.  I also do not like that I can no longer tailor my price to the job based on day of week and time of year.  I used to love Thumbtack when I was only charged for bids I chose to make.  I am not sure I will continue with Thumbtack under the current bid structure.  I also now receive job opportunities for bid that are two states away.  

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
The pricing is very confusing. I do not understand how you determine the value of a lead when I’m being charged almost $40 for a lead that might bring in $200. Additionally, it would help if you made some effort to weed out the price shoppers who have no intent of hiring. I have pages of leads where I sent quotes and they never contacted anyone. Or people who contact you once and then fall off the face of the earth and I’m still charged between $30-$75 for the quote. Making customers at least provide their phone number would be a step in the right direction. $75 is a lot of money to pay for someone to say hi and then disappear.

I’m also a little upset about the changes to the insights option on quotes sent. I used to be able to see where my quote was pricing wise compared to other pros and now I can’t see anything, not even how many pros responded. It used to be limited to the amount of pros who could respond and now it isn’t.

There were a lot of changes made recently that make this less effective and more expensive for pros. PROS are your paying customers and I feel like all these lead companies easily forget that.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree with like most folks are saying it’s costing me a lot more money to land a job. I am a guitar teacher and I’m usually booked pretty solid. I definitely liked it before when it was Three dollars for a bid to $12 or even more. Before it might cost me $15 or so to get a student. Now I could cost $50 or more. I know Thumb Tack has to find ways to make a profit I understand that. Maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle. Other than that I really enjoy working with Thumbtack and I do recommend it to others.
0 Kudos

Fees vs. Pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

As a wedding officiant, I have kept my price low to attract customers because part of what I do I consider a ministry to those without churches.

That being said, I feel I am being charged for contacts at the same rate as those who charge double what I charge.  This has caused me to refuse contacts because I was being charged about $60 a month even if I contracted one wedding for $150!

I would appreciate a fee based on a successful contract fulfillment and percent of cost.

Thank you for the opportunity to offer my feedback.

0 Kudos
Weddi
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I have tried to understand your pricing method and invested time in the ask-a-pro and thumbtack pro. It appears to be very subjective which is unprofessional from an advertising perspective. I'm currently in the process of searching for another site in lieu of this site.
I'm in support of flat fee of $10/quote with the caveat that if the customer doesn't acknowledge the quote, there is no fee charged.
Ellie
0 Kudos