Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
MrsOutlaw
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Totally agree. If someone hires me for a job, I have no issue paying $20 or $40 after an initial $5 contact. But payine $25-40 And I have no idea up front what it is costing me) only to have someone say, we are going a different way or thanks, I'm going to do it myself is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
DJcheapo
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I used to send out at least one bid per day, sometimes 3 or more, paying up to $20 worth or credits per bid, and paying when they opened the bid, whether they contacted me or not.  I want that system back.  I spent a lot on credits.  Nowadays, I cannot afford to bid on the jobs that SHOULD hire me, because nearly $50 per lead is no good when I pay, they contact me, and do not hire me. (Lucky for me, this has left prime dates on my calendar open, so I can actually book the word-of-mouth clients now!)   I want to be back in my routine where I send customized quotes several times a day, but cannot be paying 30-50 dollars for an unsure lead.  I will pay $100 if the client books me, but only after they pay a deposit, and you know what, that deposit they pay could be $100 and made payable to Thumbtack and sent by the client directly to Thumbtack. 

0 Kudos
PhotobyLuigi
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

My biggest issue with Thumbtack at this time is paying for leads that are not for real.  In other words,  paying $20, $30 $40 or more for someone who replies back with one question such as: "Do you take Amex" ,  "Are you available",  "Is this your price for the job" or simply writing "thanks" to never hear a word again.   This is pretty upsetting and what is causing me to be afraid of bidding for any other jobs. Particularly at current prices...   It almost seems intentional from those who do this.  This has gotten worse in the last couple of months at least for me.   It is imporant that it is understood that we are not complaining for a customer that we were not able to close, if it is a real customer.   We need to find ways to filter or minimize hurt to Pros from this activity or we will be inclined to walk away.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

0 Kudos
Sydney954
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
This is the problem with thumbtack. I get a lot of messages inquiring about Cabinetry work. But if I were you ply for a quot I am charged. This has no advantage to me at all other than another bill I have to pay. I believe the right way is that I should freely be able to answer to the quote without pay payment . If the buyer decides that my quote is acceptable and I get the job then I believe a fee should be paid to thumbtack . Otherwise I'm paying hundreds of dollars for unrealistic people looking to have cabinet work done and I have to pay for quotes that I would not accept.
0 Kudos
CityTennis
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

The issue for your service for tennis pros is: most are not certified and if so no continuing education.  You have no  background check, resume, history. There is no liability for all the pros who also use public courts, thus, if I sue I sue you and the city and most gypsy pros have no insurance and may be a part time job.

What is your check for instructors?  Do you realize your potential liability should an incident occcur? Aside from reviews have any instructor recognized by the tennis industry.

Good luck,

John

0 Kudos
Erika
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Many times I charged as a person hiring when they did not hire me
And did not respond to my message. As well many times men clients contact me for unethical reasons. Which is why I closed my account with thumbtack .. I’m being charged to essentially creeps.
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Erika we take user safety very seriously at Thumbtack. I've sent you a DM in regards to this to get additional information.

0 Kudos
blbruce
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm a fan of Thumbtack, but feel it could be made better for service providers. I feel it's a bit expensive, especially when my goal is to offer affordable services and stay competitive. On some projects, I barely break even. There's also too much potential to not win projects, so you're paying for projects that you don't win, or the person flakes and suddenly disappears. In my opinion, some things could be improved on the Thumbtack side in order to secure jobs better for users (whether hirerers sign something they promise to pay or else Thumbtack gets involved, OR have them pay up front, then a percentage goes toThumbtack). I've lost a lot of money and time to people who express interest, we get started, then they ghost me. I've completed projects for people, and then they disappear and fail to pay me. There are some flaws in the system that could be greatly improved upon.

0 Kudos
nyeasparty
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I used to love Thumbtack, but not anymore. My mailbox is loaded each day with leads that go no where.  Then I get hit with high charges.  I am no longer responding to any leads from you.

LeonC
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

The problem is that I don't understand the basis for the charges. I rarely pay for product or service if I don't understand what I'm paying for. I'm new to Thumbtack (only been here since summer 2018) and I have been charged once for a lead that went nowhere (customer became non-responsive after initial contact). I'm going to give it a bit longer, but if I'm charged again for a gig that doesn't materialize; I'll be done with thumbtack, unless the rules behind the charges are clarified so I can be more conservative about when I contact a prospective customer.

0 Kudos