Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Kpmulkey1
Community Newcomer

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
Looking through the postings or at least the first 9 pages I finally got tired of reading all the negatives. There might have been one positive. However, that being said it appears obvious that the pricing is the top concern. While I considered using the “do it for me option” when it first came out, I’m now glad I didn’t based on the responses. I know how much advertising dollars I’m willing to spend per month and wouldn’t be happy getting charged some unknown amount for what appears to be an unqualified lead that may or may not result in real business. In my business, I find it difficult to bid on something without knowing what I’m getting in return. I know that this is part of the advertising/marketing game and I’m OK with that as long as the downside is quantified as it was when I bought credits at a predefined price ($1.67) and could spend $50 or $500 in monthly advertising and could guarantee I’d get 20-30% of the work quoted. I know there are decent margins in what I do (as an accountant/tax preparer/whatever the business owner doesn’t want to do guy) but being able to set a budget of $X in advertising is important in any business model. What concerns me most about the Thumbtack pricing model is that there are too many unknowns. I need to know that the amount I’m paying is fixed and there aren’t any unjustified fluctuations. While some of my work is seasonal and only comes around once a year, a number of the jobs are recurring monthly and there is real value in that. Another thing that may be more like an annoyance is that Thumbtack sends me leads that are so far out of my area or not what I participate in and I’m forced to pass on these.
chnblossom
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
I liked it better when credits were purchased. At least then, I was able to keep track and budget what I was spending on leads. Now, with the money system, it seems I end up spending more. It’s really difficult to respond to a bid because I don’t know how much is going to be charged. Also, I think I should only be charged if I actually get hired for the job. Just because someone responds, doesn’t mean I’m going to get the job. I liked Thumbtack the way it used to be.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mandavisualsstl
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
I was a religious thumbtack user, using a few hundred dollars a week in hopes of growing my business. At FIRST I had some great experiences emphasis on the at first. Thumbtack can make it seem as if they are changing the quote process to be better for business owners when it was really only better for THEM and how much money they get off of us Pros with each quote. sent . I went from being one of five to send in quotes to one of 17 . This caused my quote to never even get seen and if it does the ""eople" only looked at it. I never even got a response feo. any of these people which I thought was odd ( I was bookong at least 5 jobs per week & this went to 0whe instant match came out with a high # of quite applicants allowed) and this is really unlike my customers because as I stated before the majority of the jobs that I got for my business was through thumbtack. Something really sketchy happened in the process of them changing over instant quote and all these other weird new features.
Do the math. We went from spending i Ill say $3.33 per quote,

they had it to where only 5 PROs could respond to the job, after the 5 pros reaponded the job was immediately taken down.

This brings this quote total for thumbtack to roughly 16 dollars.

Now lets go to present day. quote prices go up in upwards of 6.66 for a small job.

Also the amount of allowed quotes has gone from 5 to about 17 so now thumbtack is getting

roughly $117.00 PER 1 JOB POSTED
We aren't getting responses and if we do they are robo-responses & thumbtack just made a killing.

just to send a quote if your quote was VIEWED your money was gone. Sorry doesn't matter if they don't reply thumbtack just took your hard earned $$.

The quotes on there started to seem so fake to me that I was weary about responding to them because I thought I was going to get another generic response and lo and behold the same thing kept happening. If anyone is not believe me when I say go and look on Thumbtack reviews a lot of people think that don't check is generating their own quotes in order for us to continue using money with their platform.

This was completely unacceptable for me and my business I'm spending hundreds more than I was bringing in. the customers that were supposed to be on here to look for work were only asking me questions like " so how are weddings shot" " do you use a camera better than an iphone?" then bam! The quote money gone never to be seen again. I also had a numerous amount of problems with people not liking the quotes that they received so they reposted jobs repeatedly using different names but it is the same person ( this violates thumbtack rules so this is why they use different names like instead of ashley parker they put A. Parker) if you didn't catch this you are paying multiple quote costs for the same exact quote little did you know Thumbtack is than taking your money for multiple quotes even though it's being gone through the same person. When I contact a thumbtack about this I received only a refunds because I had proof that a few customers have posted more than once for the same exact job which you're not supposed to do. This was only the ones I saw imagine how often I have been quoting on the same job!! Then I ended up really getting into on a problem with one of the customer service Representatives because she would not refund me for a customer posting the same job over two times. What instant match was offered first I had over $100 taken out of my account and not one response from any jobs. Not to mention I always kept up on reviews and no one on this platform likes how you Thumbtack treated us business owners will spending our hard-earned cash on your website. Thumbtack the prices and the way my money has been taken is changed over four times. When I did get in correspondence with some customers the response is seemed so fake it was if I was talking to a robot. I've stopped using contact for this reason and I really hate it that because it was a good starter for my business I'm only 26 and I do not have money to throw away per week this is for my livelihood and I'll be out of house and home trying to deal with thumb tack in their antics please prove me otherwise of what I'm saying.I feel robbed.
Sydney954
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
Thumbtack bills incorrectly in my mind they should only Bill you when you actually contract with a job you should be able to freely return quotes without having to make a payment. Most people in my line of work or unrealistic on fabrication of cabinets and to return a quote that I can't get the job is money wasted
0 Kudos
Judith2018
Community Newcomer

Charges for quotes

Solved! Jump to solution
This system of not knowing how much you are charged until after payment is taken out, doesn't work for me. I prefer the old system where we purchased credits before hand.
0 Kudos
tripledotfoodtr
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been using Thumbtack for about 6 months now. I like the concept but the pricing is too high and it fills like most people aren't really looking for anything but an estimate.

0 Kudos
lashaniab
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

So it seems like there is a scale that you are basing your pricing on. The last job that I did had a higher amount than this recent one. Is there a listing that we have access to that shows the costs we will be charged for our quoted prices? I also like the number of requests that I have received lately. I was not getting any for a while.

0 Kudos
DCH
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes, thanks for hosting this talk. I'm a Wedding Officiant. I don't believe you should charge us for contacts, only for hires. Here's why: when someone hires a house cleaner or painter, they are far less likely to want to interview multiple professionals. In my profile I'm discouraging people from contacting me unless they intend to hire me. A Wedding Photographer told me the same thing. Certain professionals should be treated different from others. A bride and groom are likely to want to interview multiple officiants. I'm sure there are other professionals that are similar.

0 Kudos
elisafine
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

I think Thumbtack is a great platform and a couple of years ago it was my biggest lead source. I am a Top Pro with Thumbtack as well.  Speaking of that, I don't know what the benefit of being a Top Pro is if I am not one of the top profiles in a bid agains 12 pros.  There are other pros that do not have the Top Pro status and they come up first in clients view list.  There should be a benefit to us making top pro on being the first profiles viewed!

I feel like the company is getting too greedy and keeps changes their pricing model.  I liked it when it was credits and I knew what I was getting charged before I bid on anything.  I was forced to turn on instant match due to the market and profession I am in and have found I get charged $9-$12 for someone just clicking a drop down menu saying "when can we chat?"  They never call and I get charged the fee.  It is hard to make any money with the new pricing model and Thumbtack keeps changing it every few months.  They should go back to the credit model and not be so greedy.  I hate instant match.  Also, the insight info was great and again they have changed that and there is not as much information as before.  I feel like as Thumbtack keeps growing they are making changes that are making their service worse for the pros rather than improving it.  It has really gone down hill in the past 2 years.  You should go back to the way you started Thumbtack with the credit model and making it fair for the Pros to make a profit.  I still think it's  a great lead source and platform for my business but I am frustrated with the pricing model.  Also, instead of 5 pros competing for each job, I now compete with about 12 for each job.  It makes it hard to earn clients and confusing for the clients being sent so many profiles to view.  Go back to only 5 pros competing and the credit model Thumbtack!

0 Kudos
Justreadthejoke
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
Your constant price changes make it confusing and sometimes difficult for me to assess if I want to respond. I believe that the price I was paying (3.33)when I first started using this app is very helpful and fair, especially when the job is farther than the amount of miles I have selected(I’ve had request more than 25 miles away)
0 Kudos