Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Ma
Level 6

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
I voice dictated the above so I hope you can understand the text. Also the picture used is not my Thumbtack picture and I frankly don’t know where it was it grabs from
0 Kudos
Ma
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Ps I’ve been with Thumbtack for close to four years now so I have no idea what this level one designation is. I’ve been busy working and building my business so I have not been communicating on forums
0 Kudos
eugenesms
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I guess I don’t fully understand why different quotes cost different amounts. Or, more specifically, what the method is for determining a more valuable vs. a less valuable lead. I think it would make much more sense to pay a flat rate per lead. Or maybe, 1 rate for someone requesting a 30 minute lesson, a slightly higher for someone requesting a 45 minute lesson, and slightly hire for someone requesting a 60 minute lesson. I don’t understand why every single request varies in price. It would be wonderful to have these fixed prices so we can plan our budgets more effectively and have a little bit more predictability in what we’ll be spending.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I have been a Thumbtack user since the beginning, as both a pro and a customer. I liked the system that was used before where we purchased credits and used them as needed to bid on jobs. I find this current system you are employing very disconcerting. I don’t feel TT should be deciding on what percentage you should take from a potential job we may or may not get. When I was using instant match many customers would contact me with one of the boilerplate questions you provide, I would get charged, and the customer would never respond to my reply. So I stopped instant match for that reason. Customers can be very fickle as we know. And we as pros pay a big price for that. I truly believe you need to go back to one price structure, either charging the SAME AMOUNT per contact for a certain type of job so we know up front as pros what that will be, or go back to issuing credits and allowing us to buy a bulk amount of credit to be able to receive a contact. I feel you will continue to lose pros with the current way you are doing things. We realize as business owners there is a certain cost to market ourselves. I don’t feel Thumbtack should be determining what a job is worth and assigning percentages. It’s not a good look.
Calinteriors
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I think staging quotes are much too high, as well as interior design quotes. If you look at the conversion rate it is very very low.
0 Kudos
ashlinsmom
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I have given my opinion verbally on the phone to you guys at Thumbtack, and on this community section as well, and until Thumbtack goes back to the way it used to be when   you would only charge around $3 to send a quote to a  prospective client, then I will NOT be quoting anyone on thumbtack because the pricing it TOO HIGH and unfair and there is NO way I am going to quote someone and then  get charged $10-$20 -$27 or whatever number you THINK you want to make that day and then I am still not guaranteed the job and only get to have a client call me to ask questions! That is a hefty price for you to connect me with person who might only use me one time for a one time job that I would not make enough money after paying thumbtack! So, until things change, I will NOT be using Thumbtack to get my business clients! 

0 Kudos
sirokacorp
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I used to bid on almost everything, now I bid on nothing. I have told thumbtack repeatedly for a year they need to make a job description mandatory not optional, i need to ask follow up questions because the questions they ask are lousy. I used to pay 3$ ask follow up questions and then if it was a good contract id take it, and if it wasn't i could handle loosing 3$ but now its 15$ any time i ask follow up questions. its not worth it. Also thumbtack customer service said theyd refund one of mine at 15 and they never did. you quadrupled your prices and then removed your phone number from the site, its the most anti-consumer thing ive seen from a company. I used to love your site but the price change and way it works has made it worthless.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Plemus
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I used to like the old system. I was getting more leads and make a lot of profit, now you guys are making all the profit when we get nothing. This is way more expensive and barely take any leads cause now I dont know if I'm going to get the job or not. It's nice that we dont pay to quote, but you guys triple the amount and that is RIDICULOUS over price. I just spend $349.00 on 3 leads and didn't get none. So I just threw money away. Not happy at all. It seems that I'm going back with Angie's list and home advisor again, and also customers are not looking into you guys anymore cause we all pros dont quote anymore. Customers are going straight to our websites and other social media sites instead of getting a third party. Lower the prices back and I will use you again.
0 Kudos
michelle12
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I've been using Instant Match for several months. I have chatted with Thumbtack support several times about the pricing structure. No one has ever been able to explain to me exactly how the pricing structure works. I recently paid a $40 fee for a "contact" where the individual marked that they had called me and left a voicemail, when they hadn't, and I was never able to get in touch with them. I've paid $10 for a good, paying client. I've paid $70 for a client that only wanted a 1 hour consultation. There have also been many times where a potential client responds to my intial quote with a question, prompting the contact charge from Thumbtack, only to never hear from them again. It is fair to pay for contact with a paying client - but the current system is not set up in a way that filters clients appropriately. 

0 Kudos
Burgstahler
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I used to fill half of my small business vocal studio with Thumbtack contacts, as early as half a year ago.   The Colorado State University students and faculty here in Fort Collins really responded overwhelmingly positive.   Since your pricing changes, absolutely nothing is coming in from Thumbtack.   Whatever you're using now is not working!      The leads are not good and if, by chance, someone responds the cost for me is astronomically high.       I'll be looking for other marketing avenues because this doesn't work anymore.

0 Kudos