Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Mkat4464
Level 6

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
What’s up with ask so and so for a review when I had no contact or were hired?? That really makes sense.
0 Kudos
PhotobyLuigi
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Here is a generic idea.   Let the Pros choose which model they want to use to pay Thumbtack.  

1- Pay the old fashion way $5 or less per lead

2- Pay for contacts. (as long as they are real). 

3- Here is a new one.  Pay for hire.  (but show how much is the customer's budget so pros can avoid bidding when unsatisfactory)

Notes:  Request more information from leads regarding a job, information that will help the Pro determine if should bid or not,  filter the not real.  help pros prevent waste of funds.  Inform the customers that if they inquire on a bid, the pro will get charged.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I didn’t read through all the posts, but I agree the credit system was easier to manage and generated FAR more leads. I hate when someone responds asking me if I am available on their date (I wouldn’t have bid if I wasn’t) and I have to pay for that “response”. I have suggested recently also that our cost should be related to our BID, not what you guys believe the job to be worth. I am inexpensive so that kills.
0 Kudos
Servicesnn
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi. I think that sometimes the price for each leads is not fair price , because, this represent a lot of money according to the work to will do. I believe that is better if this problem change. I like it so much Thumbtack, because, I had been opportunity to grow My business, but I would like that Thumbtack improve to find the Fair price. For example , if Thumbtack has a list with the range aprox for each work , is more easy to do estimate and the Customer will be has a estimate before contact any pro. Thank you so much.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
NickThruston
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I am close to ending my advertising with Thumbtack. The price I pay for a lead is too much when I get consistent errors in how I am displayed for my services and my prices. If I could rely in accurate representation of my services and truly dialed in quotes, then, it would be worth it.
0 Kudos
Dxpmovers
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I spend over $100 a week for lead, just customer sending message without getting hired for the job, to be fair I think thumbtack should consider reducing the price for job we didn’t get hired for

Thank you

0 Kudos
Naia600mts
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

This is ridiculous! This pricing is making me afraid to respond when I see price for $40 on my Dj gigs and I am working for peanuts .  You all used to be great and as of last year and I would get like 2 gigs a month at least now it is so difficult to move forward as it is very expensive with the money version. The hugs problem I have is NOT GETTING RESPOND FROM CLIENT BECAUSE YOU ALL DO NOT REQUIRE THE CLIENT TO PUT A FREAKING PHONE NUMBER , we cant just respond through email THUMBTACK this day and age we have to have option to reach the client. We are stuck with yall charging us and US cant reach the client just via email. Make it a DEFAULT to have a phone number for the client. PLEASE!  I am using you all less and less now unless you do something with that charges . Thanks 

0 Kudos
JulieReneB
Level 4

Pricing and bad leads

Solved! Jump to solution

I am withdrawing from Thumbtack.  I have received dozens of requests for guitar lessons, which I don’t offer — I teach piano and violin, which are clearly in my profile — and I have no interest in paying for “leads” that are completely unrelated to what I actually do.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Pricing and bad leads

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm happy you reached out @JulieReneB. I took a look into your account and figured out what's going on. If you go to the services section of your profile and scroll down to the bottom, you'll see Advanced Settings. In your advanced settings, there's the option to "suggest jobs related to my services" and "Match me with jobs outside my preferences" those were both on and that's why you're receiving requests for guitar lessons. I went ahead and turned those off for you so you'll now only see requests for the services you offer. Let me know if you have any questions! 

0 Kudos
SillyCar
Level 6

Re: Pricing and bad leads

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Meckell, maybe you could go ahead and turn that off for everyone, because it seems to me that many people might miss that tiny "advanced settings" link at the bottom of their Services page and not realize that "Match me with jobs outside my preferences" has been checked by default by Thumbtack when you set up instant match in the first place..... Who would want that as a default? I can see having the option for people who might want it, but it shouldn't be turned on as a default.... I happened to catch it in my account by accident, and I don't use Instant Match anyway, because I knew right away that I wouldn't be able to afford it and that it would be extremely flawed based on how you've implemented past services, but I'm sure many people wouldn't notice that tiny link down there which for some reason you felt important to hide just three options in there? Really, why aren't they just listed out in the open where people can see them? Doesn't seem to me like they would take up much space.....  do you think so?
Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 11.42.51 AM.png

Boy there are an absolute TON of negative responses on here. I would love to see Thumbtack be able to make the correct changes to fix this because I want it to be the great service it can be. I really need a good affordable service like this for my tiny business, but it seems like at every turn it gets a litte worse.... If my company was getting this many negative responses, I'd be super worried and would be scrambling to figure out the best way to fix it......