results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Soucla
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
Sometimes I get charged for som one calling and just asking a question even if I didn’t get the job. Also why do you take your payment from my account daily instead of weekly?
GDubler
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumbtack MUST see the pattern here.    Everyone is upset about more money paid for so-called leads that turn out to be people "fishing" for numbers.

I believe that Thumbtack is worth the money, if the client is serious about seeking a service.   ***My greatest problem are people who already know my price write something like, "I'd love to chat...when can we get together."   Then, when I give them my number or ask for their number, I NEVER, NEVER, hear back.   And I'm CHARGED for this NON-lead.

I am spending $400 to $600 a month to get, perhaps $1,000 in business.   I have formally asked for refunds in dozens of cases.   The respondant has ALWAYS agreed with me and promised to "move my request up the chain."   Results....NOT A WORD FROM THUMBTACK.

There must be a way for people on your end to determine whether:  (a) a job was awarded, or (b) a true discussion was entered into, whether or not it resulted in a hiring.   In both instances, Thumbtack has earned its money.   Anything else is duplicitous and larcenous. 

Dr. Gary Dubler

Kerri
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I think its insane that i have to pay anywhere from 11 to 25 dollars for someone to RESPOND to me. Do you k ow how many people respond with things like "thanks, maybe in the future, I was just checking" ir people who repond with questions CLEARLY answered in my profile? I haven't utilized Thumbtack in months because I can't afford it. If I send out 5 quotes, thats $100 in one week if they all respond. And if zero people hire me then where is that $100 coming from? It was just fine the way it was, when you paid per quote. I would spend $20, $30 maybe sending quotes and I had more clients. I'm looking at building a website and setting up an instagram because both of those things are cheaper than what Thumbtack charges.
0 Kudos
EDG
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
What if we gets charged only if we get the job a lot of times i got billed for customers contact and didn't get the job that's why i prefer to wait for clients messages and judge it if their really interested before making contact, I dont even want to follow up it will cost me for nothing. Also some job requests are just looking for estimates and how do we know that their even legit? Maybe a scam
0 Kudos
Jinnylee
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Your charge for me to even speak to a potential client is rediculous. If I don't get the gig then I'm out money.
You need to rethink your pricing.
SusiG
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

As, I can see from reading responces to your letter, most people are not happy with your price increases.............myself included!

I joined Thumbtack in 2014 & I am fortunate to still have most of my clients that came through Thumbtack.  I surly prefered the credit system.  

I also have expressed, on many occassions, that Thumbtack add "DATES OF SERVICE" to their request forms.........I absolutely will not bid a job, without knowing when the service is needed.  I would have before, as it only cost a couple of credits to find out and start a dialoque with a perspective clients......but, not now.

I have a five star status with Thumbtack.  They are doing what works for them, now, and not what works for their clients.  It's too bad.......

jparadise
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

For someone like me who has a very small business it has become difficult for me to continue with Thumbtack. I can only charge $150 to my clients for services. The fee Thumbtack charges me largely negates the $ percentage I would receive.  I could get 5 leads and maybe one will become a customer. I have been with Thumbtack for a long time, but am going to have to consider leaving due to the high rate increase. I would be so much better if I was only charged for those leads that become clients. 

Solved! Jump to solution
Totally agree with the top few comments. The variety and inconsistency of pricing makes it difficult to stay with thumbtack. If the clients were the one paying a small fee for each outreach, it would be substantially easier to get more options for them using your site.
0 Kudos
Jayhawkfan12
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree with a lot of the other pros about your price is way high and not making it very easy to see what we are paying for the lead. I bid one job and it cost me $38 far cry from the 3-4 credits it use to cost now I am scared to bid cause until just the other day (after I txt thumbtack) I didn’t know how to find what the actual cost to me to bid a job
0 Kudos
Romer57
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I HATE IT! Business was good before you changed to the instant match BS. For some businesses it may be fine, but not really knowing what the charge is to begin with is crap! I've "passed" on bids just because the format is so messed up on my photo booth business. If I was to make a bid, it shows my profile intro and not any of my past bids to automatically send and I can't seem to rectify it. It doesn't seem to be a problem with portrait photography though. I'm NOT using nor recommending Thumbtack and have tried Bark which seems less complicated.

0 Kudos