Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
Jeffmiguel1
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
It would be helpful to know, beforehand, how much the quote will cost when someone replies(even if that cost changes frequently).

The cost for me was increased by a factor of 10 when it switched to the new system. This doesn't make much sense in my market where there are usually only 2-4 pros who reply to each request.

Some clients send out replies to everyone saying they are looking at all the quotes to make a decision. These quotes should be treated differently since the client has not expressed any special interest.

It would also be nice to pay less if the quote is never marked "highered", even though there may have been a conversation. Many clients sound interested but never follow through.

Thanks for hosting this forum,
Jeff
mdacles
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

The pricing is a bit confusing - sometimes leads reply "Yes, what's next.." and when you reply they never respond. I don't think I should have to pay for something like that just because they respond.

Supreme
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Guys PLEASE BRING THE OLD THUMBTACK BACK! I am a pro with over 40 hires and you guys are awesome but I went from paying $3 a lead to $10? That's a 200% price markup!!! Now I'm scared to bid on any jobs as I see it as a possibly flushing $10 down the toilet. Your a good service but now with these prices you leave me no choice but to pass on lots of jobs I would of previously bought. Please Fix this ThumbTack, your losing business and loyal customers.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
The pricing is outrageous. I have been charged so much money that I have made close to no profit from 6 jobs that I have gotten from thumbtack. Also, when I set a budget it has gotten changed without my consent and when I contacted thumbtack help, they basically called me a liar and said that I changed my budget to higher. In one month I was charged close to $160. All my budget was set to was $25. Also, one lead cost about that much. That is absolutely outrageous. I can understand $5 - $8 but nobody can expect a profit with the prices you are charging. Customer service has been poor, pricing is poor, contact and outreach is poor. I will be deleting my account. I have tried to resolve my refund issue but with no resolve. I wanted my money back from when I was scammed out of so much money!
Highlighted
WindowGenie
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

In the past, your fee's were far more reasonable. Now, most leads do not even go anywhere and there is a charge? I left Home Advisor because every lead was a race and cost a fortune for no response.  Please reevaluate your fee schedule make it fair and leave it alone. 

DJRICHIERICH
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
The pricing being all over the place makes it difficult I wish you guys would do like gigmasterscom set one price to pay for the year or monthly and get all the leads because a lot of customers you pay for who simply ask are you available for my date but then they never give any response back and since there's no way to get Thumbtack not to charge you for it some weeks I'm shoving out to $300 for customers that have never asked anything outside of are you available for my date. And that makes it extremely difficult to run a business and be competitive because you give me a lot of leads but you need a better system for how you get paid for what you're giving us and I really think one paid annually would really make a world of difference as opposed to paying for easily different amounts so he made an annual fee and then let's say you charged 5 or 10% on each leave that is booked with me or any client that is I think that would be a lot more friendlier than the current status.

New pricing structure

Solved! Jump to solution
So I don’t like the new pay by quote price. A quote is a quote to me and many of the leads I have received lately go nowhere because the people are flakes and never follow up to your messages. I liked thumbtack a lot more when it wasn’t so complicated.
0 Kudos
Pearls
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Notary jobs...by Oklahoma state LAW, I can only charge $5 per signature. You charge me 4.88/lead signature. Which means that I thought I was making a bit of money if I only answered 2 signatures or above...nope you charge me $4.88/signature. Screw that...yes I am extremely frustrated. 

Wedding officiant...$20.88 per lead...EVEN when I did not send a quote and the client sent a mass message, are you available on my date. I have been charged  for two of those. I never responded to the client  and I passed on the lead, yet I have been charged twice. I've started protesting every one of them now.

I would love to have my money back on those two, but I know it isn't going to happen.

My base price for wedding used to be $65 and got jobs right and left, but when you upped your cost...It wasn't worth it. I raised my base cost $10 to split the difference.

In 2016 I did over 60 weddings. 2017, about 35-40...this year not even 20. September was my busiest month in the past, I would have one or more every weekend...2 this year. October, none...when I used to have at least 3. 

I've been using you since 2014, maybe even 2013. Your services are not worth it anymore. I used to recommend you all the time to people at my weddings or just in conversation. Not anymore. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I need to know how much I'm paying for each quote so I can try and add that onto my price per each quote being a small business it is really tight with my pricing and also I need to be able to send a personal message with each quote to let the customer know what they are getting for the price that I am charging
Cornerstone
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
What is wrong with the flat fee system? More customers = more pros = more money for you.
Now you have lost transparency and as these responses suggest, the trust of your pros.
Please go back to the mutually beneficial and transparent system of flat rate fees and Mabry even only when hired. Please add a nominal fee for customers, so to weed out serious customers from free-loaders.
Just like you we are trying to be successful, a minimum requirement for that is for us to be able to understand our expenses and he return on our investment.. Just..like..youSmiley Happy
0 Kudos