Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: The New Thumbtack

Solved! Jump to solution

As a painter in my area TT wants to charge me up to $75 Per Lead!

TT used to be a 1 in 5 chance, but not sure now. A few months ago it went up to 12 competing Pros! 

ashlinsmom
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I have given my opinion verbally on the phone to you guys at Thumbtack, and on this community section as well, and until Thumbtack goes back to the way it used to be when   you would only charge around $3 to send a quote to a  prospective client, then I will NOT be quoting anyone on thumbtack because the pricing it TOO HIGH and unfair and there is NO way I am going to quote someone and then  get charged $10-$20 -$27 or whatever number you THINK you want to make that day and then I am still not guaranteed the job and only get to have a client call me to ask questions! That is a hefty price for you to connect me with person who might only use me one time for a one time job that I would not make enough money after paying thumbtack! So, until things change, I will NOT be using Thumbtack to get my business clients! 

Minkyc
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
This comes at a great time and probably not what Thumbtack hoped would happen. I am a Top Pro with Thumbtack but ready to say goodbye. The most fair and straightforward way to make this App work for me is to charge me when I actually GET THE JOB! Then I am happy to pay the fee for a lead that is actually legit followed by the hard work and effort I will give the customer.
I am fully convinced there are false leads mixed in with the “real” ones. I regualrly have similar leads come in - different names, but for the exact same venue, time frame, and budget - that pop up minutes from each other. I have even asked the customer if by chance they requested a quote by a different name - nope! I have had customer leads come in with keys words or name of the client client that are EXACTLY like names and key phrases I have just recently used in other quotes and emails! The coincidences are uncanny yet happen time and again. I can share those if anyone wants to see them word for word.
I too have countless quotes and contacts that are ignored and seem like pointless leads- yet I pay heavily for. I used to make money but would say in the last 2-3 weeks that it’s not working. Thumbtack loves the “feedback” forums and emails to set up calls for my comments but ultimately, they are the ones making the most money now. I have had to ask countless times for a refund on non-legit leads and I almost always get the $$$ back. What does this mean? The contact wasn’t real. What would happen if I didn’t argue and pursue these refunds each time? I assure you they would take the money and run. I gave it until the end of Sept and I got a few more jobs that held me on. But pricing needs to change immediately.
Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution

Minkyc, you hit the nail on the head! I've called them many times the last 2 years because of Fake or weekly repeats with  different address or no actual Physical Address or no house. TT used to be helpful on the phone, now they act very greedy and unhelpfull

Solved! Jump to solution

It seems that most of the leads I get ended up in nothing because of location.  In that regard seems unfair to pay a fee when I don't get clients.  I think it would be better to have a price for leads and a different one for hires.

0 Kudos
PRCarmita
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I get annoyed with the pricing when I reply to requests.... my app switches from the old system and the new system and so pay doesn't make sense sometimes and can be inconsistent. I think this deals more with internal app issues.... waiting for all the bugs to be fixed. 

MarketFresh
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Here are a few things I don't like about the current structure.

I honestly have no idea how much I'm paying for each lead right now and that sucks. I'm a designer/developer so I'm mostly bidding on logo design and web design, which have different costs - I think. Before I knew exactly how much I was going to pay for each lead.

I'm okay with paying only when someone responds, but I'm not okay with how generic the requests are.

There are certain types of businesses that I don't want to work with due to moral values, past experiences, etc. and a lot of these requests come through so generic that I'm taking a big chance on submitting a proposal. 

It would be great to require the requestor to give more detailed information about their business/project so that I'm more confident in knowing whether or not I want to work with them.

Solved! Jump to solution
Yea I don’t use you guys that much anymore as a flooring contractor. I get charged $30 for small jobs and $75 for anything 750 Sqft and up. They all reply but only about 10% of them actually interested. So you do the math if I quote 10 customers at $75 each a month that’s $750 and only one or 2 of them might be actually serious. That is way too much. I’m using that money on my own website and yelp. You guys make it look like you are improving to help the contractors on here but in reality with this insta match crap you charge us “real money” up front and then give us a “credit” back. That to me is a horrible trade. Not a fan at all you guys are the most expensive in my opinion.

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes! I hope Everyone reads your post! 

0 Kudos
Buford12
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
It usually seems to be about 3% of the total except for we have no way of knowing what the customer would like to pay therefore all the bids have any different number of price points... It would help knowing what the customers budget was two they're four adjust the menu to the price point...
0 Kudos