Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Highlighted
Alpha-Moves
Community Newcomer

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I am a dog trainer, and have been using Thumbtack for several months now. I think that the concept of what this site does is a great one, and I enjoy that you email out these discussion topics to get feedback from your customers! I would say that the credit system was a much better model, like some others are metioning too. The current model isn't a bad one, but the % per contact seems too high. I seem to get several leads a week, but maybe one or two(at most) are actually talking back after their initial reply. It seems like most responses are "I'm interested" and you never hear back. Seems somewhat shady to me, so maybe a credit system combined with a "Hiring" system, instead of a reply system would work. Thumbtack charges on only replies, but sometimes, it seems like there is an auto message from Thumbtack designed to get them money off of a fake reply. Just my thoughts. Overall, the website is simple to use, simple to find, and simple to grow your business off of; that being said, I think the current charging system is too highly priced for several replies a week which turns into several non repsonsive people. 

0 Kudos
Donnaax
Community Newcomer

Your pricing is pricing us out of gigs

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumbtack was always strange when it came to music gig. I would get the weirdest requests, like someone wanting a band...of 1 person. (Band means more than 1). Or someone wanting a saxophone player....then it would be listed as a jazz pianist.Or a person would list a gig, but only be price shopping and not ready to hire yet. And we would get charged anyway if we bid. (There's an easy fix for that)

Also, the credits system was confusing in the beginning, but much more reasonable for performers and vendors.

Your current system of floating fees does not support the vendor at all, regardless that it doesn't get deducted until they contact us. Do you know how many people don't understand what they are hiring for when asking for musicians for an event?

These are not quality leads - in fact, if you want quality leads, the customer should pay a particular set fee to list. Then you won't get people price shopping.

You made a huge mistake going to your new system - the fees are exorbitant and you will lose a lot of us.

Go to a set fee, of $20 per gig. Charge the customer a set fee of either the same amount or less.

Idelete your emails because I can't afford to bid from you anymore.

DonnaSax
..where music matters
HLProductions
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

Why don't you do more for the Thumbtack Top pros who have amazing reviews, great ratings, and profiles. We are the ones you are promoting yet the TOP pros don't get anything in return

0 Kudos
bijan1944
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

I believe you should charge if the client performs the transaction and on the basis of how much the deal is .

I propose that you charge 10% on done deals .

I also like to get a feedback from the clients on my offer in order to know why they refused to accept it.

0 Kudos
DJRICHIERICH
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution
The pricing being all over the place makes it difficult!!
I wish you guys would do like gigmasterscom set one price to pay for the year or monthly and get all the leads because a lot of customers you pay for who simply ask are you available for my date but then they never give any response back!! and since there's no way to get Thumbtack not to charge you for it some weeks I'm shoving out $200- $300 for customers that have never asked anything outside of are you available for my date.
And that makes it extremely difficult to run a business and be competitive because you give me a lot of leads but you need a better system for how you get paid for what you're giving us and I really think one paid annually would really make a world of difference as opposed to paying for easily different amounts so he made an annual fee and then let's say you charged 5 or 10% on each leave that is booked with me or any client that is I think that would be a lot more friendlier than the current status.
Marrymellc17
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution
Thumbtack is imploding as we speak! You keep asking for our comments and suggestions about your terrible awful ridiculous pricing structure yet you fail to do anything about it. Are you even reading this feed! Have you even read any of the prior feeds!. You have driven your top pros out of business on your site and forced them to spend their marketing dollars elsewhere. Your pricing structure is in the ozone layer! It is not worth it! Many of us built our businesses with you on Thumbtack over the years. I myself, i’ve been with you almost 8 years and have been hired almost 400 times with 220 5star reviews! I can’t even get a job on Thumbtack anymore nor can I even try because I can’t afford to open the window and throw out $20 at a time! My particular situation and my jobs call for a fee between 175 and $250. You want to charge me $20 plus for a “Contact!” You are making 15+ pros reply to these Requests and overwhelming your customers. They don’t even read them! They are overwhelmed with the pricing fluctuation and the experience of the pros fluctuation. Do you have “” pros on your side with zero reviews zero hires competing with someone like me with 400 hires and 225 star reviews. The customers are trying to figure out why the fluctuation in price and why the fluctuation in experience! It looks unprofessional and they are frightened because they don’t know what they’re getting!. Do you even know that NONE of the pros are being hired. On the majority of requests. You are attracting all newbies and bottom feeders. There are so called “pros” that are putting lowball quotes of under $100 on these requests and then doing the proverbial “bait and switch when the customer contact them. You’re ruining your reputation. I work in the wedding industry and have met many many thumbtack wedding pros over the years that I’ve been hired on Thumbtack. As we meet now we discuss how much we miss the work on Thumbtack and how awful it is and how none of us are using you anymore. It is really a shame that you had a successful working model that established so many businesses and cost so many businesses to grow and now it is worthless to the real top pros. Perhaps you are “recording for the vendor“ policy can work in some categories but it certainly does not work in mine. I have called you countless times and expressed my concerns. I have received a phone call from one of your tech guys to express my concerns. I keep being told that you’re working on making changes that will benefit the top pros. Yet nothing happens and work on thumbtack becomes more and more elusive every day. Why do you keep starting these conversations and these fees if you don’t read them! Read them! None of us are happy! What you are doing is not working! It is not working for us, the vendors and it is not working for the customers because they are not hiring and can’t possibly be working for you! There are other wedding websites that charge as little as $2.50 for a lead there are other websites that charge only if the pro is hired there are other websites that have a monthly fee for a page or a listing on their site. These are successful models. Thumbtack was a brilliant when it started out. We all enjoyed much success! You are imploding! It is just not working. Please please please read your feed and listen to your “top pros“ if you have any left! I’m sure I wasted my time again posting my comments but what the hack! Maybe someday you would hear us, the pros who made you what you are, I consider the fact that you are not giving us anything for advertising dollar and you have put us all out of business on your site! We keep hoping that you listen. We keep hoping that you do something to make thumbtack work for us again! Instead you post these ridiculous conversations and they’re all negative! There are a couple of new website starting up that are using the old thumbtack model or close to it. I look forward to working with them and hopefully being successful with them as I was on your side. I still would like to not give up hope that you hear us all and go back to the way it used to be when we were successful and Thumbtack worked for all of us! Stop asking us what we want when we have told you over and over and over and over and over again. Please listen. You had something great. We had something great with you. Now it’s just history!
0 Kudos
Unstaincr
Community Newcomer

Pricing unfair

Solved! Jump to solution
If more then 3 professionals can send a quote I think the price for the qoute should go down it’s not fair that multiple professionals are having to pay the full amount when only 1 will get hired ! Thumbtack is taking advantage of this an making money off of the professionals even with out getting th job!!
bennyd
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
I started using Thumbtack at the beginning of 2018 for petsitting company, Hands N Paws. I love the platform and the fact that it’s helped spread the word and get me business for my company. I will say that it has changed A LOT in a matter of 9/10 months. Leads used to be a lot cheaper to secure - Thumbtack would only charge a few bucks; now it’s around $9 for each hired customer for me. One thing I like though (that I think is new) is that Thumbtack will only charge if a customer responds and “shows interest” in working together; rather than charging for any message in response, even if it’s a “no, thank you.” I’m happy with the app, but too many updates and changes happen so quickly. I’ve also had great success with hires... how is it now that I can start earning badges and get ranked higher on lists? That is one thing I’ve been trying to work on, but any and all help in doing so would be nice. Thank you! One question (among many)... why have prices gone up exponentially for securing customers (hence for me, $3 per hire to $9)?
0 Kudos
NellieB
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
Just as I was comfortable with bidding on more jobs, you all changed the pricing. The pricing is too much for me. Because we all know just because ppl contact you, you don’t always get the job. $33-$48 is a bit much for a maybe! So I’ve opted to do my own marketing strategy for the time being. Hoping that pricing will change and remain at a reasonable rate . I believe that the client should pay a fee. Some ppl are just on the site playing or trying to figure out how others price a job.
0 Kudos
JWSealcoating
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
I liked it the way it was when I joined over a yr ago you only had to pay if you got the job now cost to much for me to even bid any jobs