Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Uwa
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree about the Top pro requirement. I was a Top Pro for over 3 years and then they dropped me! It’s really annoying that it’s pretty much unattainable now 😠
DJRICHIERICH
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

It is amazing how we are the confused ones while thumbtacks pocket book keeps getting fatter, I shut my account off and have not bidded in almost a month! I told the customer rep that since I turned my account off I have been getting like 10-15 leads daily lol when I had it active I barely saw 10 leads a week. They scamming and its all good they wont make another dollar off me till they make it profitable for me 1st!! 

Usually the customer is always right but in this case thumbtack is and we the ones who wrong shaking my head I went and found three other online companies that are very helpful and cost a fraction of what I was paying thumbtack!!

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I haven't discontinued my account but I haven't received a single job for at least a year put in several bids & nothing so I quit using thumbtack.com it cost me more than its wirth.
MindyMoore
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
It’s is way too confusing to have to pricing all over the map. A quote is a quote. We still make the same amount of mi et and should not have to pay sometimes double because we might make more. Charging the provider more isn’t going to make us use Thumbtack more. Quite the opposite. You are making it where we can’t afford to use the service any longer. Would love to see you go back to the credit packages and one fee per quote system that was in place when Thumbtack was genuinely a great website.
emsmedic4
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I know as a company you provide the leads and broker them out but not knowing the price up front seems wrong. I liked the old system better you paid a flat fee for the leads and done. If there was a need to increase in that system fine it still was "consistent" and you can see where the money goes.   

Highlighted
Bubba
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I completely agree. Credits were cheaper. Jobs would cost $5 -$10. Now it’s more like $20 - $25. This happened because they started asking us how much we changed per job and it’s non of there business.
Rapid1
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I completely agree I used to be very active and was the most reviewed professional for my niche in the area. I even was contacted by them for surveys and opinions a few times. Now I might use Thumbtack once or twice a month, mind you I did reply to more before until I realized I was being charged just for the reply and most times I did not even get anything from it.

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree, i was able to send more quotes with the credit system. It was easier to understand. I feel like I never know what it will cost me to reply to a lead or send a quote for a new job. Being a smaller business I have to be strategic about my marketing expenses and the new system is very unpredictable. It’s not necessarily the cost for me, more so that I do not know what it will cost. With credits, I can choose how much I wish to spend and if I want to go over then at that time I can adjust.
Jeighhaye
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I really liked the previous pricing, the current system stops me from putting in bids as it is a larger amount when just contacting the client does not guarantee they will choose your company. Going through Thumbtack as a therapist is already a risk as there are things that need to be asked off of the platform to ensure it is a good fit. I would love if they went back, I definitely contacted more potential clients through the old system.

Solved! Jump to solution

This pricing system is absolutely ridiculous, especially since there isn't even anything clearly indicating how much sending a quote will cost me. I have not been on here long, and when I started over the summer I thought it was a flat rate, and that was okay since $18 was fine for jobs I'm charging $800-$1000 for. When I'm spending over $100 in a week for jobs I'm quoting at around $650 and get no replies or any indication on whether or not a client is interested beyond "Sounds good! What's next?" that's a problem for me. I'm not sure of what the exact solution is, but that's not my job either. Until something better happens, I'll be using Thumbtack sporatically, if at all. I was excited about this service too, but not anymore.