Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Simon
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Also, (In reference to unqualified buyers) it happens a lot that I "WIN" the job only to never get the work.  I know TT can only be responsible for so much, but these customers have nothing invested in this process and often act like it, placing all of the ACTUAL ri$k on us.  Paying for a lead, WINNING the lead, then finding out the client is full of it is pretty rough.

0 Kudos
accessganted
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Your "pricing" both confusing and inconsistent! Though I 'love" your service,my field is a "specialty/expert" one and there frankly is no template for it! I recieve volume prospects, many of which I can actually do business services with and for. However, I find that I am actually(and unfairly being charged) for clients which are simple fishing or shpping for a "deal" when my price structure is not only the lowest in this region, but actually one of te lowest in the country!! Clients will base the cost of services is predicated on "price seen" and not all parameters which i have to both explain and discuss "before" providing a quote! Mainly, this is due to clients not understanding that most typical "investiagtive/security" services are based on time research, sweat equity, and customization" of said service for a particular clients unique needs! For example, currently, I am receiving high volume infidelity/adultery" request based on a rock solid profile and highlevel expertise! I qualify and research a clients financial standing as well as realistic expectations for the high level service which is going to be provided! Success although never guaranteed is based on what it takes in terms of timelines to deliver proven solutions that can conform to realistic goals! This simply can not be adequately done with a "quote"! Upon explanation and discussion clients have taken the service due to not being realistically prepared for the financial committment or results(particularly if they are positive)on their lives! Many have paid for "the consultation", thanked me for both my honesty and integrity and likely is a reflection of my super high reviews and volume! My first 2-3 weeks i lost almost all my capital on my credit card, because I was charged for everything in way of any communication! Thumbtack is an excellent resource, but they need to do and be better for loyal and aspiring customers such as my self and company.....ACOP!!!

0 Kudos
hamo
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes I am agree with them before pricing was better because I know how much I spent for each led

but now I don’t know how much you gone charge for each led 

Thank you 

Hamo

0 Kudos
Dballard
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
"Are you available on my date?", has become a ridiculously expensive question...a frequent quick response that leads to nothing, except to my bank account to deduct more fees.
JustJerod
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Pricing has gotten quite expensive and unpredictable. It would be better if pricing were established up front. Now that I've built up to a "Pro" - I can't afford to quote any more. Feels like all that effort wasted.

0 Kudos
Born2danceDJ
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Your pricing is all screwed up.  Size of event should not make a difference, unless it requires more equipment.  Complete weddings(ceremony included) should cost the most.  Ceremonies are more stressfull. Karoake should be a separate category listed.  When you list what is included, consultations should not be part of package.  That means that Thumbtack is dictated what services we have to offer.  Also I liked it when we could see what are charge was for each event.  Now you just charge us.  It seems like I am paying more for less.

0 Kudos
Djgeo
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree they should be charging when you are hired for an event a 5% booking fee or something.

Alexper
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Thumbtack listen to your community of pros and stop just thinking about your profit margins. This new system is expensive flatout, especially for us painters. Atleast go back the older system but implement mandatory phone number so when pro pays for a lead, we can have different option of communicating with potential clients. most people don’t bother replying using your app especially the older crowd. This use to be a helpful source for potential work but it seems that thumbtack is becoming greedy Bc of it growth throughout the years. Plain in simple no body likes your new system stop pretending that we’re ok with it
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jhawk
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I preferred the pay per click because I knew exactly how much I would be charged, and the price per click was moderately priced. Now that Thumbtack is charging for "leads," the price is much higher and more volatile, and most of "the leads" don't pan out. I end up paying $14-21 each lead, which usually lead to nothing. Literally, nothing. The pay per leads system isn't better; it's less predictable and more expensive. I also have to spend more time contacting Thumbtack to resolve issues, particularly if what appears to be a lead at first glance, in fact, isn't.

0 Kudos
deliusfan
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

I am on the "musician side" of your website; in our line of work, the hours of gig time are critical to our bidding. However, I notice clients are super-sloppy about this; they will put 9 hours for their wedding event. We don't need to know when the first photographer shows up to take brunch photos; we need to know the actual time you want US on the gig to play music for the ceremony, or cocktail hour, or dinner hour, or dancing afterwards. What happens is that when they throw down that ridiculous amount of hours, it makes Thumbtack charge $50 just to bid! JUST TO BID! Now, I am grateful that a "no" response doesn't ding us. But I have to say that leaving the credits system and moving to the money-per-bid system has gotten not only more expensive, but I am now doing zero gigs. 

I already left gigmaster.com for Thumbtack; they had a hefty yearly fee and took a minimum $20 per gig as a booking fee. I didn't like that; I do like more of a pay-as-you-go model, but clearly for the musicians I see this isn't working. I can't tell you how many gigs I get offered that I see that no one is bidding on. That means people will stop coming to Thumbtack to look for musicians, and the gigs offered will dry up altogether. Something has to be fixed; maybe it's going back to credits. I was somehow able to make that work. 

0 Kudos