Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
tym
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumbtack has a tab that shows what you will be charged if you response to the consumer

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I WAS a huge fan of thumbtack, operative word here is "was".  It just means that we never got jobs from searches on the internet. Even with that, I even made a few positive comments in your little community, in the past.
Now with the changes, the % of leads that even seem real is ridiculously low. I have pages and pages of leads that lead nowhere. Enough correspondence so that you could get in my bank account, then nothing, and I mean nothing. NO responses.
Now I am paying, $300-600 for each job. Up from maybe $100 before. I have determined that your "service, such as it is, So therefore I have opted to spend my money in marketing through my website, which is showing a much better result than dealing through you folks.
You were once a great option to Angie's List, and Home Advisor, now you are more expensive than both, with a delivery rate on par with Craigslist.- Terrible Way YOu have changed to charging us....

0 Kudos
Bmiller
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi the pricing has gotten to expensive. I paid $23 for a job I didn’t even get. I also feel it’s unfair to pay for quotes which didn’t result in us landing the job. I also feel customers should pay a price if they respond asking for availability and never answer back. I don’t do many quotes anymore as a result of over pricing and charging without even being hired.
kmuller
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm one of the odd ones here that actually likes the new pricing model better - paying per quote made it a lot less likely that we were sending quotes. I do like the premise that we pay for replies - even if it's more expensive for a reply. If I'm spending $7-$10 per quote and hoping to get 1/5 jobs I'm spending $50 for quotes where I could ultimately not even generate a reply from a client and have no lead. However, now I can send 5 quotes @ $0 and if I hear a reply, I have only spent $20-$30. Much more competitive. I will however agree that often the responses are thank you but I've hired someone else. I can't tell people not to respond if they aren't interested but I wish they wouldn't as I don't want to pay $30 for a dead end. The content of the message is just as important. Smaller prices on replies and I'm not going to be as upset about throwing away a response for $$$. Another complaint I have is the prices bieng charged per gig. Customers don't always select the correct category, don't put the proper information and I'm paying the same amount for a small project as I am a small project. The price I pay should reflect what I'm earning. Maybe take a % of my quote? Again, this can create issues amongst asking between competitors but we all pay for marketing somehow. Thanks!

Zsofica
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

It really depends on, what is the type of your business... For instance, as a voice teacher I don’t want to be charged after my earnings because it would be like paying one more type of tax!

0 Kudos
tloomis
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I think I should only have to pay if I actually get the job..it cost money that i can't afford to lose, to not even end up with the jobs,just to get more info..its not right or fair to the contractor's
0 Kudos
gmoore9093
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have no idea what you're charging because when you changed the categories, you left out my category so there's no sense in even trying to bid. My category is editing - not writing, not administrative assistance etc etc. It is a waste of my time. Your explanation of pricing is just arbitrary - how do you know how much work is really involved in editing a book, doing the layout and the design and prepping for printing. When you had fixed pricing per, it was easy and while sometimes high, it weighed out. Now it's just a pain. I loved Thumtack, referred people to it all the time. Checked it everyday. Bid often. Got some great clients. Now I don't bother. You truly did a disservice to all us editors and publishers when you changed things. Now it is just a waste of my time - I truly wish you'd go back, at least to the old categories, if I could look at editing jobs, I might bid again.

MarkIV
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

The pricing is very confusing.  Especially on the instant quotes.  I feel like I'm getting charged for leads I am not recieving.  I am very busy and havent had time to look into it.  Also, you do not do a good enough job of filtering the customer's level of interest.  

0 Kudos
Calleiahkm
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Your pricing is arbitrary & only makes sense to the people who created the system. I haven't made a dime using Thumbtack but you all are charging me already. The charge should come after the job has been completed so that I can take the fee out of my pay
0 Kudos
AnneGoldberg
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I used to know exactly what I paid for each lead BEFORE I responded. Now I have to guess and I hate it. In fact, I use Thumbtack much less now because the lead cost has tripled since I joined and I only just found that out when I spent about 10 minutes trying to find this information in my account. (And I am an experienced computer user.) 

Since you introduced Thumbtack Pro, it is clear you are directing folks to the paid program and the free program has become harder to use and more expensive. Thus, I am very dissatisfied with the current system. It is not transparent and that's a problem for me. I think a fair price would be around $3, which is a bit higher than when I joined.

0 Kudos