Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
AKD
Level 5
Jaxgreyson4- I tried to give your "Kudos" but that feature isn't working. 

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I thik the credit system and a set price for every lead is fair. Tho I like that you only get charged if you land a client...however it should be charged when someone hits the"hire" button not when someone just replies, "Sorry but I've decided on someone else."

Solved! Jump to solution
I thought this as well! Utilize the hire button since it’s here on Thumbtack and that should be the only time we are charged.
LoftDJ
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
When I joined Thumbtack I was paying anywhere from $2-$6 to send a quote. Then it became $10-$15. I understood that I was receiving discounted rates to begin with, so I was fine with that. Al
Of a sudden, with the new model, I sent a quote and was contacted with one question to which I answered with one response. I received no other communication from that potential client. I was charged almost $50. I reached out to your customer service team to try and understand the pricing and was consistently only told that it depends on many factors. Never explained any further. I spoke to at least three different people and at no point did I feel like I had a better understanding of what I’d be charged. As a brand new business, it’s important for me to understand the details of how my money is spent. I feel like thumbtack basically charges you whatever they feel like after the fact, and I’m just expected to blindly accept that. No thank you. I deleted my app and have not thought about thumbtack until now. If the business model changes to one that makes sense to me, I’d give it a shot. In the meantime, I’m perfectly fine not feeling like I wasted my money.

Solved! Jump to solution

It becomes very confusing not knowing upfront how much each lead is going to cost. It just helps us budget out our spending on finding a job better if we know up front what will each quote cost. Due to a lot of fluctuation based on the type of the job it is difficult to gauge what will be our spending vs. making actual money once we get hired. There have been times where we did not get the job but the quote was viewed and we were charged from what we understood was that with the new changes, we will only be charged we get hired. I believe that is not the case.

TRSOK
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I definitely agree with the other comments I have read. The prices has increased so much there is no room for any profit. Clients a lot of times have no idea what they need so it usually takes more time to educate them then start the actual work.
gjtabor
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

As a wedding officiant under the old system I have have a perfect score.  Under the new system, of course I don't respond, I am now getting complaints lowering my score because I do not respond.   So it's best to make sure you are no longer listed as you will start getting complaints that you do not respond. NOW WHEN you try to respond the "customer" does not get your response stating you can't  afford TT anymore.  They just think you are a jerk.

Solved! Jump to solution

I've been using Thumbtack sine 2014.  The pricing was great when you were using the credit system and I was receiving most of my new business from your services.   With the new prices and the "Instant Match" system the costs is way too much to use and if you send quotes manually, the response costs is even more.   As a DJ, I get charged for customers asking me if I'm available on their date.  I quickly respond and I do not get a response back and I get charged about $35.  I know is is up to use to get the them to hire use but just asking a simple questions like "if I'm available on their date" is costing me!!  I would not mind paying the fee if the customer responds back to again and we get into a converstion.  Better yet,  if we only pay for hired jobs.  I also think if the custome pays a fee to use your service, it would avoid mis leading jobs. 

The "instant match" is a great service, but I think the costs is too much to make profit for me.  At this point I still use it and use the min budget so I don't get overcharged but I'm really thinking about pausing the service soon. 

Thanks for hearing me out. 

Highlighted
Grace89
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Before the changes and we bought a block of credits, I thought it was expensive but I did get work. Now with all the changes it's ridiculously expensive.. I haven't worked out the percent change but so much higher , fewer leads ..they go nowhere. Local independent employers could change our economy. I feel exploited by thumbtack.
Jph
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I never get charged because since you increased the amount of quotes sent to each client the competition has come to the point where I never get a response. Wish you would give a 5 choice option again.
Too many wedding Officiants using Thumbtack