Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
jonturino
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I actually like the instant match method except for the pricing which seems to be 3-5x what I used to pay. It does weed out the chaff but I hate paying $17 for a prospect message like "Are you available on my date?" when I've kept the calendar up to date and directed them to my website booking calendar where they can check that for themselves. I don't know if you can find a way to screen out these kinds of messages or not but it would sure be nice.

Richard1
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Yea it's hard sometimes paying for people that don't work with you or don't respond.  I'd be willing to pay more when they DO hire me, and less if they don't that's all.  Just want it to be fair so that I'm charged for those that actually work with me and less for those that don't.

Solved! Jump to solution

It would be nice to see how much each lead is being priced at before we send a quote. I currently find it difficult to see how much I'm being charged before I send a quote. I would recommend putting the cost if they reply on the job request screen between the "pros contacted" and the "average response time".

Thank you,

Jason Davidson

Davidson Pools

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I understand the description given, however if the prices that I offer for a service are set and limited to that region, it appears to me the cost of the leads should be the same price. Also I don't think that charging to respond to the email warrant a charge unless the client actually books an appointment with me. Please advise on how you maybe able to allow clients to book appointment through a link right from your page and then possibly charge. Thanks

0 Kudos
CustomFit
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing - personal training in SF

Solved! Jump to solution

I think the pricing for personal training in the Bay Area is fair, however, what's frustrating is paying for leads that I know are never going to sign up. I think this is unique to the Bay Area, but no one outside of SF is coming to SF to do personal training, even if they are only 5 miles away in Oakland or Brisbane or Richmond. I get a number of leads that I pay for from potential clients asking my availability or what the next steps are who are outside of SF. I respond quickly and professionally to maintain a good reputation, but it's frustrating having to pay for this. In my 4+ years on Thumbtack I have NEVER once gotten a client outside of SF but probably spend more money replying to leads outside of SF than inside. So, it would be great if (1) they/the clients knew they were reaching out a professional outside of their request geographic area, and/or (2) if I didnt get charged for leads outside of my requested geographic area.

Thanks.

sjarrett
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumbtack use to charge me for any email request I responded to. Then they informed me that I didn't have to pay for my response unless the requesting person responded to me. Recently I have not had a requesting person respond to my response, but I was told I was going to owe money to Thumbtack. Why? And the price was higher than before.

0 Kudos
Steven22
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
The pricing has got more expensive with the only difference is if the customer responds with no thanks then there is no charge. I’ve had times were a customer already contacted another pro and hired them to do the job (for a cheaper price I’m sure). Then when the cheaper option didn’t do the job correctly they contact me to just ask
me questions so I basically get charged to give free advice. Most of the customers that have hired me have worked out pretty well.
0 Kudos
Workerman
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
The pricing is not only confusing but it is way too expensive. I’ve been charged for people just asking me questions and not getting a job out of it.
Therefore I have limited my use on Thumbtack.
WAY TOO EXPENSIVE and UNFAIR CHARGING.
0 Kudos
JJLouis
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Reading through some of these responses, it's amazing to me how many people don't realize that you can see how much you will be charged per quote, before you quote it, by hitting the 'learn more' tab.

Let me say that again, YOU CAN SEE HOW MUCH A QUOTE WILL COST YOU BEFORE QUOTING BY HITTING THE 'LEARN MORE' TAB.

I'm not sure why you have to hit the 'learn more' tab, but... Maybe just making that more transparent would make people happy. 

Highlighted
JayJzz
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm getting leads from all over the county, San Diego is a huge county.  I get leads to fix copiers and printers, most of these are throw away printers, my charge would be for more than the value of the device, the service request needs to provide more information about the job before I will waste money to bid.  I get requests that should go to an electrician, I'm not an electrician.  I prefer commercial work, it would be good if those were the only leads I received ..

0 Kudos