Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Mkat4464
Level 6

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

It used to be you would only pay when you were interested in a particular job lead which is fair. If the customer didn’t view your quote, you would get a refund. Now we pay whether we respond or not. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
abbeyroad28
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I think pricing should also be based on how many responses from the lead go out. The last lead I received on instant match sent out 11 replies and was looking for a realtor to only charge for a sign and mls access. While there are brokerages out there that will do this, its a major liability for someone like myself. I offered my full service anyway but was declined. I gave him some suggestions on brokerages to contact. I was still charged the full amount for a lead that was looking for something unconventional and responded to 11 other agents. I have turned off intstant match for the time being. 

0 Kudos
306candacem
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Go back to the way it was! The pricing is Outrageous!
0 Kudos
JanDHM
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I believe that the answer to pricing is to KISS (keep it simple, silly). How can Thumbtack be an expert on every business? For instance, as a mural painter, I understand that MOST people cannot calculate the size of their project. They need my help. I cannot help them until I send a quote and they respond. I don't want to send a high priced quote unless I have the freedom to have some back and forth without worrying that I'll be charged for a large mural when the customer really has a small project. I suggest going back to the model used before the current pricing model. If Thumbtack wasn't making enough revenue, then split the difference. If you were charging $6.34 before and $21 now, then make each quote, regardless of project size, $13. Let US handle the details. We'll be more confident about quoting, you'll attract more pros, and you will save yourself countless hours trying to second-guess everyone. Thumbtack used to be fair and consistent. Let's work together to get that back. It would be a shame not to.
Kyle_Shepard
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi there,

It's tough to pay for leads when its not guaranteed that a job is official.  Therefore, I hesitate to send quotes or replies fearing that I'll have to pay for something that I will more than likely won't get a return on.  

In the past few weeks, I've replied to over a dozen quotes and reached only one as a strong lead.  At this point, although a potential customer viewed my quote, I was charged a random amount that was greater than a monthly membership might be (I hope.)

I think thumbtack has great potential, but it is difficult to gather leads that are eaqually commited to replying as we, the pro's are. 

I'm looking forward to see what changes are made and how they might benefit US as professionals.  Until then, I will remain a little skeptical about using Thumbtack as a pro service resource.  

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I had to pay for a person who contacted me to say they were getting quotes from somewhere else. I brought this up with customer service and they told me to go take a tutorial. What The Heck! I think potential customers SHOULD get multiple quotes but a person telling me that shouldnt cost me $10. 

0 Kudos
FixFast
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I would really like to see a set price for all quotes.  Here is why:  I hesitate to quote a job when there is not enough information given in the original quote request as I don't want to be charged for the contact just because the customer responded to a question.  But, if the cost was low, and the same, for each quote request, I would respond to more and not hesitate to ask questions and start a dialogue with the customer as it would be worth the $3 to $6, or so.  Sometimes I am willing to take on part of what is listed in a quote request, not everything in it, and I would be glad to discuss it with a customer, but not worth pursuing even a simple line of questioning if the cost is higher than I am willing to pay just for a response to a question.

Also, I do NOT quote wall mounting TV's anymore as I don't agree with your policy of a fixed price for that type of work.  There are many variables when it comes to mounting TVs on walls, like just about any other job.  We should be able to quote hourly or fixed price, not be constrained to a fixed price.

0 Kudos
CarlyRose1
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I honestly think the fact that we are charged for every contact regardless of if we are hired to be insane! Like others have said, I am not making much of a profit at all! For a $50 mini fall photography shoot, it’s not even worth it. I saw that someone mentioned $3 charges. That would be fine. But $15 per undecided contact? I may have to stop using thumbtack;(
PR1962
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
The price per quote is to expensive need to go back to buying credit s many pros like me are upset with this new pricing the customers need to pay some of this cost someway
0 Kudos
CaptJJ
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Pricing is okay....could always be less.  What I don't like is when a client reaches out to you and then either does not use you or never responds to my response....I don't feel that is fair.  I don't mind being charged if I get the job but to just have a useless 'inquiry' and pay for that is tough to swallow.

I have had situation also where the client was not upfront in what they put down on their 'wish' list and I was charged for that.  I had to speak to two Thumbtack reps to get that straightened out but it should not have been in the first place.  

Life is not perfect and I get that but regardless that is my two cents and one reason I have used TT less and less and stick with other methods to get business.  In fact just got one request and it was some 'broke college student' looking for a freebie...that should never have even been sent.  She needed to go on Craigslist with that one!  Was surprised to see that you folks even sent that one out.