Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Many of the pros that told me about Thumbtack no longer use your services.  They say you are like Homeadvisor/angies list.

It used to cost me $5 a lead and I was in one category.  Now you charge $18 -$24 a lead and I am all the sudden in two categories, but it is all the same kind of work.  I am at the point of advertising else where or signing back up with a local shop.

I do like that you do not charge for the bs leads and that I dont have to call you all the time and try and get a credit.  I get to deside weather I am going to try for a job or not based on their information.  Love that.  Most people give themselfes away and I dont have to worry so much about the shoppers.  (Other sites charge you for everyone and dont care if they are getting service.  it is free to them so what do they want.) For the most part the leads I get are good.  Jobs cycle into groups, where you will work for two months with no day off, if you like.  To having only one or two jobs in a week.  I have been doing this for 27 years.  I am used to the roller coaster.  I miss when people talked with friends and neighbors and pros like me did not need sites like these.

Its getting pricey and if it jumps again, so will I.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
what i find on the new way to charge is, is to high what you guys charge for a job, before i use to send 5 quotes for the same amount of 1 right now, it means i use to have more chances to get a job before, and now what im not ok with is; if a cotumer response to the quote i send, i get charge rightaway, and skme times the costumer dont responde to the messages to meet and y get charge for nothing, thats what im concerned about.
0 Kudos
FlexTech
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I don't believe it is fair to pay for proposal after proposal and never get a response. I think fair pricing would be to pay only once a job is confirmed.
0 Kudos
JJLouis
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

You only pay if someone responds to your quote now...

0 Kudos
Jenny
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I joined Thumtack because I thought it’d be a good option for my business. Now I’m considering shutting my account down because of the unreasonable prices. I don’t understand why some of my quotes are $5 but others are as high as $30. It makes no sense. I’m losing so much money because it’s not guaranteed that I will be hired when I send most of my quotes. There should be a set price for all quotes. If it’s more than $5, I will leave thumbtack very soon.
0 Kudos
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I think your price are way too high...!!!
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

A way to make TT more worth fot me would be to make sure that the costumer is really interested when he replies to my quote and have me spend about $13. The last costumer costumer that replied to my quote probably did not even read it.

0 Kudos
jpgumm
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I wonder why those individuals looking for professionals are not fully informed about how professionals are charged? I have had conversations with many who are not ready to hire a professional but engage with multiple professionals with messages that will never lead to being hired. When I inform them that I am being charged for the right to get their email, which may have nothing to do with getting the gig, they seem shocked by that.

While Thumbtack is better now and only charging for those bids that lead to a contact instead of charging to just submit a bid, wouldn't the best way be to charge only for those contacts that lead to a job?

JJLouis
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

How would they know that though? I've been hired many times by customers who never marked me as 'hired'.

We're paying for leads. Once a customer contacts you, it's your responsibility to sell them the job.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution

Right on, your exactly right!

0 Kudos