Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
CarlyRose1
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
Good idea to add the few to what you charge the client. I never thought of that!
0 Kudos
CarlyRose1
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
*fee
0 Kudos
MsChely
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I think its absolutely Ridiculous to paid $20 credits to respond to any and all quotes. That half of my total budget for a week. I think you need to have set prices period. Wedding planner / coordinator $10 wedding officiate $5 and so forth. It helps us and benefit the potential clients. If my budget is $50 a week then I don't use my budget on on 2 clients.
Psychicsue1
Level 5

Re: L-et's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
the payments for quotes are just skyrocketing. i offer a service that is between 15- 30 dollars. and the quotes are between 17- 22 dollars. im not makong anythung!!!!!.....thrn if i higher my pricing for services. please dontvwant it. so it needs to be cheaper. u think what it was before was fine. 2-3dollars a quote.
0 Kudos
Hollywood
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
I have to agree with so many others. I understand you're a business in the market to make money, and after researching I see you make a LOT of it. You guys really do overcharge. I'm a garage door business owner, who's just starting, and for example I got a job from here that turned out to be a simple 65.00 service call in Mississippi (where we can't charge alot per call) and you guys charged me 33 for the call! You got more than I did! Plus, after my time and gas, etc... I barely made anything at all! That's just one example as it's happened several times. I like the service but man, it is crazy money to use y'all!
mj
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

The pricing goes up and down. The wedding/catering jobs are price too high and theirs no guarantee I get the job. I paid 35.00 for a quote that's too high.  Please re evaluate. Thumbtack is great but the quote prices are high. Also i would love a tutorial on the calendar.

Solved! Jump to solution

When I first joined it was fine. Not a perfect system but we knew how much we would pay each time. 

The new way makes it harder to calculate.

Prefer the way it was

GDD
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

You need to go back to your old method of payment.  This new pricing is absolutely outrageous.  I shouldnt have to pay $15 for a client who isnt even interested in my service.  I now only limit my requestes to 1 or 2 a month becuase of your price increase.  I am lookin else where to continue growin my busness in the meantime.  

If you want to make money charge the potential client a fee.  They cost us 100's of dollars just by clicking they are interested and show no signs of intent to proceed with our services.

debbielopes
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

Initially your business model fit with my small business. As of lately, I am being sent leads that are simply kicking tires. They may ask a question or two and then the lead goes cold and I have just been charged. It's just not profitable for a small business to operate this way.

If customers were charged to access your large database of businesses they would have a more vested interest in selecting one of your preferred vendors. Just a thought instead of just taking fees from your business partners.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
GHFC
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I began using ThumbTack exclusively back in 2014 when I started doing personal branding (resume sets & LinkedIn profiles).  I had a awesome close rate once I dialed in my location radius and paid about $3-$5 per lead.  If they didn't purchase right away I could continue to follow-up with advertising through the program's messaging.

Last year I joined ProFinder and receive many more leads with a flat monthly fee for as many quotes as I can send.  My cost per customer is now around $2 and I had so many quotes I didn't have time to go back to ThumbTack but kept my profile open due to our many great ratings and customer comments.

I saw the change in pricing from credits to dollars but didn't think much about it until I used it.  Wow, I sent one quote and was charged $21.  That's insane and the customer didn't even purchase.  You have to realize the most people begin the process as shoppers, not really serious about a project.  That hurts overhead from the business side and isn't cost effective.  I will NEVER use ThumbTack with this pricing strategy.  It's not realistic for the business owner.  To give you a comparison, in 1-year on ProFinder we received 14,500 requests, not sure how many we actually answered, and took on about 20-30 new customers a month for a fee of $60 per month.

If you are going to win us back you are going to have to make it fair and stable.  Create a flat pricing program to level out the MANY quotes that DON'T turn into sales.  I still wouldn't pay the same amount that we pay ProFinder for free access to leads but I would probably pay $30 to $50 a month.  You just don't generate the same opportunity.

0 Kudos