Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Aramsaier
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
I don’t know if pricing is also correlated with the price we offer but as a top pro, my rates are now on the high end. My new clientele has diminished and I’m constantly being asked for discounts. I want to stay competitive but I’m not going to devalue myself because of others. I also do not like the auto replies. I feel like it’s an easy way for people
To reply and not follow through.

The pricing to send out for quotes should also not cost an arm and a leg.
Zsofica
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't like to pay for when a customer just randomly pushed one of the automated answers and never gets back to me. That is simply not fair because they never meant seriously to contact me. At least this is my experience.

I wish I should only pay for those who write a personalized message because this guarantees that the customer is really and truly interested in my work.

Highlighted
BWPhoto
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have used Thumbtack for almost 2 years.  I'm a photograher and noticed a 180 change when you switched to the new bidding/pricing game.  When I bought credits, I had a much better ROI.  Now, with the new bidding proccess, I'm bidding a lot more but getting nowhere on my ROI.  Too many tire kickers that have champange taste but have a Natual Light pocketbook.  I would love to see a very small fee for the customer to pay to be able to post.  At least this would somewhat 'qualify' the serious ones from the time wasters.   

MikeA
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes. People don’t realize that it costs us money when they ask the routine questions that are offered them.
0 Kudos
Mkat4464
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I’m with you all the way there. If customers had to pay that would weed out any browsers.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

You are not realisitic in your pricing. I give you the benefit of the doubt way too often and take it in the shorts every time.

These are not "introductions" or "jobs" you capture for photographers. These are people who have no clue and are looking at price. If you need to engage them regarding more information to create a reasonable quote, they generally don't respond and rarely do you have the ability to have a phone or face to face discussion. For a portrait or wedding shooter, I suppose it might work. Look I want, price I want to pay, but for many of the complex jobs that people expect to find a photographer via this platform.. it's just not realisitic.

Thumbtack request states they need photography of products. Well.. I respond with needing more information and maybe they respond back with something general that ends in getting billed to you for the "introduction" but they never do give you what you need to accurrately quate and if you are specific regarding as to a range of pricing.. well that doesn't work well.

For down and dirty photography that has a formula or specific look, the Thumbtack model may work, but for complex or technical things it's not been the great tool it could be.

GwinncoInk
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

We need more information up front from the customer to determine if we'd like to bid a job/project. Generic unspecified does not work. There are too many variables in the scope of a project. And many types of services that us contractors may not wish to provide due to specialization. We shouldn't have to prod a customer into a reply to get basics and are be charged for that reply. Either prompt the customer to provide more information before we bid or at least have the customer provide what they are willing to pay so we can weed out unprofitable cheapskates with unrealistic pricing and the tire kickers.

0 Kudos
Tdpc1
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree with many of the posts above. I miss having a standard price. I am also seeing a drastic increase in spending on contacts with almost zero return on the investment. At least if I can budget a standard price, I can forecast expenses. I am near terminating my Thumbtack account since it isn’t yielding very many contacts lately.
MikeA
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
This has been hard for me to figure out. There have been times I’ve paid $44 for coaching leads because they asked what was the process and I responded then never heard from them. That means sometimes I have had 8 people reply and landed 1 client and then it took me 8 weeks to break even. But some clients don’t need 8 weeks. Doing weddings has helped me break even but the prices for coaching leads are very high and I’m barely ahead of the amount I have been charged. A wedding lead can be around $20 which is fair. A coaching lead seems to vary around $44 but I end up getting charged for people who are not really interested and then it sets me back. I’ve stopped the auto match because that just ends up costing lots of money.
Stevie
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

While I didn't read all entries, I did notice that overwhelmingly people are NOT happy with what Thumbtack has changed.  For me, I've basically stopped using it. I tried Instant Match and couldn't figure out where you came up with my pricing - it wasn't what any of my templates showed.  When bids were $1.67 - $3.34 each, that was manageable; however now that they are $14.08 to $23.05. (And I could never figure out how you thought Life Coaching should be at a higher bid than Hypnotherapy).   Also, you've opened it up to sending too many bids for each job.  So I've turned off Instant Match and I carefully choose who I bid with.  I have noticed, going back, that no once in the past month has your client HIRED anyone.  Such a crock. I have not deleted my account, and it will take a lot to get me active again.  All newbies to the hypnotherapy world in my area, I am telling them to STAY AWAY from Thumbtack. It's best to spend their precious money elsewhere!  Other responses I have read have a similar thread that it seems people are not seriously looking, some may even be researching to see what others are charging.  It's turning into Groupon!