Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
sshahabi
Level 5

The most unfair mix of prices.

Solved! Jump to solution

> I am not sure why a job that I might do for $50 has $15 fee attached to it, or a job that is $3000 still has $15 fee attached to it.

I would prefer to see a system that is based on a percentage of the estimate. Say around 5%-10%. I am doing this same structure all day long with Ebay.

I would avoid useing Thumtack not just for the above reasons but also not wanting to pay for just a contact from customer w/o being hired. I can get tons contacts from a free local ad. Only when hiered should I pay. This has no value to me.

Again, on Ebay I only pay when there is a sale.

DaveP
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumbtack is a great way to find jobs, and I don't mind paying for leads for which I get jobs.  However just because someone asks a question I feel I shouldn't be charged.    I feel I should be charged only If I in fact do get the job.   I don't make money from somoene asking me a question. 

yp52nrzz
Level 1

Not Quick Enough

Solved! Jump to solution

As a North Bay videographer I have tried to respond to requests for service through Thumbtack but I'm never quick enough as there are always 5 responses within seconds of a posting and I'm not allowed by Thumbtack to submit my request.

So I've stopped wasting my time trying to respond. I do, however, get a kick out of reading the requests from persons wanting their weddings filmed for $500.00.

Highlighted
mdearriba
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

The pricing structure changes too often and I can't keep up with it.  I don't understand what I am going to be paying to send a bid, and I feel like the consumer reply rate is too low to justify some of the rates I have seen after being billed.  Knowing upfront what you will be paying per quote is necessary. 

danredwing
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I used Thumbtack quite a bit last year and found many great clients, but a couple things have changed and have kept me from using the service for a few months.  

1.  I had that thing happen where I only bid on 1 job in a month, and you used my whole budget of $20 for a single job that pays $200.   I asked for a refund because the person literally just emailed to tell me they really liked me but chose someone else because my bid was too high. Refund denied.  2 problems with that.  It's not an appropriate amount to charge for such a low value lead.  It takes no account for the fact that it wasn't a real lead.  The person never intended to hire me.  They were just telling me my price was too high. 

2.  Your Instant Match service rewards the bidder with the lowest price.  Even if I have a better, more detailed bid and portfolio, it's presented after a bunch- and I mean a lot-  of basic bids that have nothing but a basic list of services and a price list.  Think about the message that send to potential clients. 

Willbow
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
First off .We are the customers. Your revenue source. A lead is not worth more than $5 without a verifiable phone number . email address and require a detailed description of the job that needs to be done

Solved! Jump to solution
I love the assistance the InstaMatch option offers. However, I am paying much more for leads using this tool than the prior pricing model and the return on my investment has decreased. Saving time by using InstaMatch increased the marketing expense and decreased the return, which is unfavorable.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

control over, knowledge of, recourse for thumbtack pricing and automatic charges to my credit card is what concerns me with this new pricing method 

0 Kudos
Zsofica
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Potential customers should also be responsible for contacting me. They should also pay upfront or after contacting to prevent them just randomly clicking and sending out messages but never getting back to me... or something like that Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
dan___
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

The current way Thumbtack wants to charge is preposterous. I occasionally look at how many 'pros' are submitting quotes for these leads (music)...there's nobody save a few DJ's. A long string of "pros contacted." A couple years ago I might get a gig or two every month.