Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

So agree with you that a customer given 15 quotes.  The kicker is all 15 were contacted.  Can you say $$ Thumbtack and loss for us..  You respond to these scripted messages never to hear back from the so called client.  15 people contacted at $35 to $50 a quote who's lining their pockets here? 

0 Kudos
ProJoes
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Nope, from my in the field feedback you’re absolutely inaccurate. I had a client last week tell me they are moving over to a new competitor in your space (Thumbtack). They gave me the new company name and it’s been a great transition. The new company is only allowing five pros and it’s been a great thing. Kind of how this place was not too long ago.

To me this is a hot button issue as there’s so much back and fourth about it. With that said...maybe it’s time Thumbtack listens to the fine folks that pay their bills. We are your customer...we hold the keys to your success...treat us better or many of us will be gone.

Just a thought.
ChristopherW
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
My problem concerning this reply is that the professional is the one who keeps Thumbtack running, as far as I can tell? Sure you are advertising to the customer on our behalf and absolutely it is fair that you pass part of the cost on to us. But time and time again the market shows that there is such a thing as too much choice. Tripling the choice not only incentivizes not hiring (by option overload and inaccurate search results) it promotes a race to the bottom for a professional in their pricing.

Ultimately I think this thread, no matter how it is spun, proves that the professional is paying more and getting less, and floating costs.

This new promote feature is sure to be the next Instant Match from what I can tell, as all it is really doing is allowing those to buy perceived status, but still not secure a hire. This is another move towards the negation of Top Pro.

Please stop adding features that supposedly help us when some of the basic things about Thumbtack are broken.

I really want to believe in Thumbtack and keep using it, but it is getting harder and harder than justify it.

Solved! Jump to solution

No not that competition has increased it blantant scripted messages sent to us.  You have opened the flood gates.  And when a so called client contacts all 9 quoters that means all 9 get charged.  You have altered what we can see.  Your site is no long viable for most of us.  Having someone send a scripted messages and being charged a fortune for $350.00 quote is crazy.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Sophie
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Like many others I use your services way less because it's become way too expensive. I offer tutoring and translation services. I feel fine being charged $10 for a tutoring job when I am hired, but when people are just sending you an email to ask a question before they select among several people and in the end I'm not hired, that's when it gets hard to swallow. Now you're kind of "scared" of answering a request, you've made us calculate the risks of offering our services when it should never be the case.

Now I haven't been able to answer ANY of the numerous translation services requests I could have done because you charge $17, no matter the amount of words implied. When I receive a request for less than 400 words and you charge $17 when my hourly rate is $33, I let you do the maths to realize that it's not worth it. AT ALL.

Because of your new pricing, I get way less customers through you. You will kill your own business model if you keep pricing like that. I started using Thumbtack in 2014, I think the credit pricing was fair.

Mausito15
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Ok let’s talk about pricing, that’s excellent topic.
0 Kudos
EmeraldFox
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
While I like only paying for leads that respond to my quote, there are definite issues with it. Video production leads cost nearly $50 per contact?!?! I paid almost $50 for someone to ask me if I’d ever done a specific type of music video. (My answer was no, so they stopped the convo, then and there!) I don’t respond to video production ads anymore, despite this being my target market... not paying $50 a lead! Overall prices are just too high when the majority of customers book outside of thumbtack.
Movers96
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree with everyone else out there: pricing is just too high! I used to be charged $8-10, so I wasn't concerned if the client was a dead end: I didn't have much invested in each client. But prices have steadily gone up and up, while the response rate from the client stays the same. It's great that I only get charged when a client responds, but very often they'll respond from Thumbtack's List of suggested replies, and that shows them as a serious client, when in reality, they just hit the button. They never had any intention of ever using my services, they just chose a response from the list and BOOM, I get charged $70-90. 

So I have totally stopped using Thumbtack at all! I'd be open to using them again, but the whole system is set up for Thumbtack to soak the business for all the money that can be drained. It feels to me as if we went from being on the same team to bitter enemies.

AllenH
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I am very new to your website. I thought the pricing was set. Now it looks really unpredictable per the reviews I've read. I cannot start a business here if the pricing is going to be changing around out of my control.
Make the pricing at different levels with more or less options clearly laid out so businesses can choose what fits them.
pjacob94
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

agree with you

0 Kudos