Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Kbolton
Level 1

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
I have to say I dislike the new system. I can get over being charged for referrals but you guys have charged me for bad leads--of which I have declined and/or had no response from the client until they cancelled the request. Why charge me for declining and cancelled requests? That's forcing a "lead" that was unwanted and charging me for it... that's not service.

Solved! Jump to solution
I was getting charged $19-33 if someone replied to me for a $300 job. And I wouldn’t get the job but just have dialogue with the lead. That structure is ludicrous. I’m actually afraid to reply to anyone for a job because i don’t want to get charged. The only way I will use thumbtack is if I’m only charged if I actually get the job. One lead could be replying to 5 people trying to learn more about them and asking them questions and we would all get charged $19-33 for having this email dialogue. It makes zero sense to do that. My marketing dollars go farther spending it on SEO/google ads/ or FB ads. It makes me to anxious to spend that kind of money and spend my time having email dialogue with someone only to have them end up choosing another vendor.
If the leads were $1-3 then I would consider. But at ~$30 for one lead who doesn’t book. No way.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I think yall should charge only if a customer users you because alot of times they message you just to ask a question.

Missmogulmo
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I believe that you should be charged if you have a conversation. I have found that alot of people ask questions and don't use you. So basically I am wasting money when they contact be because they are not booking just asking questions about their events and what they should get. Even if you don't respond you still get charged which is unfair at all. Just would like more consistency with pricing on events based on location or size. On this current system don't know how y'all determine price. It is more confusing then coin system.
Highlighted
Avc4u
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Problem is what you consider in making the price for the job usually is wrong. I can’t tell you how many multiple tv request I bid on (and you charge me for) that changes when I get to the customers home. Where it was bid for 3 TVs (and you charged that me that way) only to have the customer say they are only going to do one when I arrive. Also you cannot accurately give a customer a set price on wire concealment because each house layout is different. One house may have power and cable directly underneath where customer wants the tv while he next job may have the customer wanting the tv on the opposite wall from where the the power and cable both are. Also the problem with set price here is that you may be able to get in the attic to move the power and cable locations to the place the customer wants the tv in a one story house where there is attic above and it’s accessible whereas a two story house with a room above the place where customer wants tv is not accessible. So now where the bid was charged and paid for as a tv with wire concealment, turns into ok we can’t get power here or hide the cables so let’s not even worry with it. So the pro has just been charged $35 for a job he didn’t preform. Also the problem with message and pay is that most customers are going to message every pro and try and get available date and cheapest price from all the available pros and then make a decision based on the best fitting time and price and by the pro replying he is charged. If it was set up to ask questions and then once they determine the pro if their choice, they click a hired button.. then you could charge based on the job and agreement of the conversation between pro and customer. You could hide the pros phone number until agreement on who is hired by customer Luke the customer service phone number is hidden from the pro. I have quit using this platform pretty much because the prices are all over the place. When I first started on thumbtack it was $4.66 per quote. Now it’s up to $35 and when we as pros are not allowed to adjust our prices to the customer based on what you charge us for the job then we are at a disadvantage from the start. You do not allow or have a set price sheet and the whole “charge as we think according to request” is always going to be inaccurate for the reasons above. This platform will never be used as much much as your competitors are for the reasons and prices you charge above.
0 Kudos
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Some customers are clicking on messages that you provide by accident, they say that when you talk on the phone, but we have no proof to ask for return. This is my problem
GoodRiddance
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I am going to echo many of the other pros. I've found the pricing structure changes to be confusing at times and have spent some time on the phone with customer service trying to get clarification. I've tried the Instant Match, but currently have it off. Either way, I've found the cost prohibitive for a small business. Also there is no limit on the number of bids. There was a 5-pro limit when we started with Thumbtack a little over a year ago. While I understand the benefit for the customer, it has not been helpful as a pro.

Solved! Jump to solution

Your service WAS good.

Your service no longer lists transcription services seperately so we cannot use you anymore. The closest to that is administrative services and we have been getting potential leads look for a lawyer for estate planning and such mostly. 

The pricing would be better if it was at one set - fixed price.

Also, me and my coleagues cannot even use you anymore due to the aforementioned issue

0 Kudos
EJ
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Sorry but this new pricing system isn't working for me. Yes, while we only pay if a potential client replies we:

1. Dont know if they are really serious about their inquiry
2. Never know how much thumbtack will charge us! It's like Russian Roulette; I'm charged anywhere from $15-45 for the same type of work

Please be clear about and transparent on cost before we bid and consider charging the client a small fee. This will weed out 5he ones who arent serious.
NathanL
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

I recently wanted to bid for a job which was going to pay $60 but the bid was $42! The pricing is outrageous on this site. The flat fee days were much better ($1-$2 to bid). There is no transparancy and this service is crushing artists, who can barely afford to pursue their craft. I cannot recommend Thumbtack at this point.