results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
pgreer
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Charge when client contacts you is misleading. They may be saying I found someone else

Djclever
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I think the old pricing was better. I didn't mind paying for credits. If I got the gig, ok. If I didn't, I didn't lose much maybe 10.00. Now, it's ridiculous! You charged me 41 dollars just for a potential customer asking a question. It's bad enough to have to compete with wanna be dj's bidding 200 dollars to play for 4 hours. Now, we have our source charging astronomical prices for people that are more often than not just window shopping.
EJ
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Completely agree!

0 Kudos
Alex_Undr_P
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Trying to adopt to the prices you have right now. And it seems to working for some trades and not working for another. For example the ones that you can quote even with picture or simple description (for example gutter cleaning or gutter repair , roof repair if it’s have good description by costumer) but the ones that need to have estimate alive (like for Roof replacement) it’s just really bad , you charging 55$ for the response (wich is insane ) because costumer can ask all of the pros to give him an estimate alive (5-6 pros) which mean you charge 360$ for lead and there is a chance that no one of these pros will get the job (because costumer just was curious about price), or anothe just insane scenario when you charge 55$ for response like “sorry I decided to go another way” . 55$ for what? So you should to figure out how to work it out , because i stoped to responde that kind of request at all because it’s just stupid. Other ones (smaller jobs) is ok.
NathanL
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

I recently wanted to bid for a job that was to pay $60 but the bid was $42! There is no formula, oversight or transparancy with the current pricing system. I cannot recommend Thumbtack to anyone as it is exploting those who are trying to book the jobs - especially artists who can barely afford to pursue their craft as the margins are always so tight.

Eleonora5
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a question: once I saw I was charged because the customer replied to my inquiry just to say that he wasn't interested. Shouldn't we be charged just if we get the job?

Thank you

Mausito15
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Ok at the end where is Thumbtack responding to all of this question, I too are suffering the over pricing from thumbtack, customers ask for my next availability when I tell them, no more response and by then Thumbtack already change me 17-24 dollars that’s ridicules
This is forcing me to no work with them any more.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Qwksilver
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Well since you asked for my thoughts!!! I believe your pricing structure is way out of line!! Our average charge for any contact with a potential client is $20 per lead. When you have 16 people bidding on one job and the client asks about availability we are charged the fee. We have raised our prices to help cut down the quantity of price shopping inquiries. 10 leads given means the 1 job we get, we do for a net loss. I do not mind paying a small fee per client viewed bid of a few dollars. But any kind of communication results in an a large fee. So we will lower our prices from time to time to fill in any slots not already taken. From conversations with other entertainment vendors, there is a lot of disatifaction and many have cut back services also while some have left altogether, or raised their prices to a very high level. We have always tried to be a great value for customers, as indicated in our reviews, but the current pricing method prevents that from happening. We are currently pursuing other options more aggressively than just using Thumbtack. You have a good idea and platform but corporate greed is killing it for us.

Ro
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
When I first started using this app it was great because the prices were laid out in front of you explaining how much it would cost to send a quote. Now it’s a big difference! Not only are you being charged 3x the price for the same job, you won’t know how much you’re being charged until you look at your bank statement. It’s like falsely taking money from someone’s account without their permission. When you go to the store and swipe your card, it ask “are you okay with this amount?” Giving me the right to say yes or no. Now, with ThumbTack, they have stripped us from that right and charge us what ever they choose.... Even if a customer doesn’t follow through, you’re still charged. Because of the jump in prices, I unfortunate haven’t been able to get customer because it’s too much of a risk! It’s the worst thing they could’ve done!
jmpasins
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I hate the new pricing!! I'm getting charged more for quotes than I am for when I do get hired. I'm in the Thumbtack hole budget wise.  I got charged $20 for two people that replied with a question and didn't hire me.  I used to love using Thumbtack, but now I'm afraid to quote people for fear of getting charged $8-10 dollars each time.  My hires have gone way down, and I don't know if that's because my quotes aren't getting out due to the 'pre-set budget'?  So frustrating.  I think that  you should only get charged the exhorbitant fees if you are marked as hired - at least then you have a hope of earning more than you spend!  I can't tell you how many I have that people have asked questions, I get charged, and then they don't hire.  ARG!

0 Kudos