Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Scottw
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
The pricing is getting a little out of control for the services provided and to be honest I NEVER know what I am paying for a lead and havent known since you changed to only charging when a customer response. But have been able to do some math and some leads are costing me up to 50% of the quote of the job ,which after supplies ,labor time and travel I lose money which is keeping me from quoting on the smaller jobs which in turn is also losing you money ,I know I'm competing with anywhere to 10 -12 companies in my service and market so there is no need to charge such a high rate. The only thing I got going is my 600 reviews which is a conciderable amount more than anyone in my market. There should be a set price per lead to balance out the the smaller jobs with the bigger jobs .I also am not a big fan of the instant quote (which I dont use ) because it's a quick quote so customers have to contact you just to have questions answered so you pay for nothing that's why I continue to use my templates which are much more detailed in the service I provide and answers most questions .
0 Kudos
jimmyaloha
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Seems Thumbtack has gone from a very useful and affordable way for small businesses and entreprenuers to find clients and make a living without having to spend, as is said , "an arm and a leg", to a rather greedy referral service. There have been many comments here addressing Thumbtacks constant changing of the rules , the 'pros' games , the price increases and just becoming less affordable. Often, the time I actually get a client I have spent the equivilent amount on leads that led nowhere. There has to be another way.  Thumbtack has gotten rich and I just wanted to make a living. 

0 Kudos
Bodydesigns
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I don’t like the pricing at all. First. If you are using the match program there is no way to control who they are sending the quotes to. For example I don’t want to quote someone from the city since it’s u likely they will drive out to see me however on insta match there is no way to control this and I’ve tried trust me. You keep sending them to people outside my radius and then if they ask me a question I’m out whatever amount you determine is right which is ALWAYS my entire budget. I would rather do it the old way and pay for the quote and if they don’t open it get my money back
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Dear Thumbtack ….. 

My suspicion is that you’re asking this question because you’ve had an increase in the number of complaints and a decrease in number of quotes from professionals using your site. I can only hope that you TRULY listen to the feedback your receiving as I believe business professionals, such as myself, have no issue paying for VALUE …. however, when the ROI drops to a point where your making little, if any money, on a marking platform … businesses will abandon that platform and invest in other, more lucrative, advertising methods.

I won’t detail all of my complaints with your current system as it would just be reiterating, what is a common thread, from other professionals providing feedback. What I will say is that the expense of leads has increased while the quality has dropped – here are my top 3 issues:

• Lead cost as a percentage of job price is too expensive which does not leave enough “meat on the bone” – even if you had a 100% close rate.
  • Too many leads per job is allowed so the prospect is overwhelmed.
  • We are charged for unqualified leads that don’t end up hiring anyone.

I’ve also noted that I receive leads for dates blocked off in my thumbtack calendar – so I’d actually have to check availability every time before quoting … why have, and keep updated, a calendar at all if Thumbtack doesn’t pay any attention to it …. Oh – I know … so you make a mistake and get charged for a date that you already have booked.

I’ve almost completely stopped quoting on your platform – as I believe a lot of other TRUE business professionals have as well …. and that number will only increase if you don’t fix the issues we’re having. What you’ll be left with is professionals scraped from the bottom of the barrel – those who can’t get business elsewhere … which will ultimately destroy Thumbtacks credibility and market share.

Please fix the system while you still have a chance to win back the quality professionals who’ve helped build your business.

Solved! Jump to solution

Being small business, I struggle with varying the cost of leads.  I used to quote much more often, did my followups and nothing.  Also I spend, spend, spend but have never booked a gig because of thumbtack quote.  No one repsonds back or they're really just gathering information.  I liked the credits and me getting to choose when and howmuch I spend, if at all!  Now if the leads do not respond and I were to get a refund of my credits, GREAT!! but I feel as if im throwing dollars with my businewss card attached HOPING it will hit the right customer.   Maybe since they can ask for free, we can quote for free however only through thumbtack - do not allow contact info to cross without payments. Maybe serious clientel would pay for x number of quotes, then we would KNOW they are serious!  Time is Money - these "leads" have cost me plenty and brought no bookings!

Highlighted
Calepa
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Hola, my name is Yoli and I am an Interior Designer. The changes made on the way this site charges now has not been positive for me. After taking with one of your advisers, extremely nice and kind girl , I decided to go in the $60/week bracket. One of the disadvantages is that now I can only target Interior Design project, I used to be able to target customer that needed to paint their places, change cabinets for kitchen or bsthrooms, change floor tile, and a lot more. That is all interior Design. In the other hands, i haven't received a lot of contacts like used to be before, i have just been contacted for a couple that didnt hired me but asked for reference, i sent them a list of former customer with contact numbers, they NEVER called anybody, i didn't get hired and i got charged.
It so sad for me, Thumbtack used to be very good for me. I wasnt working with any other site, but that changed to bad.
=(
0 Kudos
MikeGreen
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I have found, I never know what price I will even pay for any "Lead". I really like Thumbtack however, I have yet to have any "Lead" pan out. Maybe it is something I'm doing wrong on your system. I get more "Leads" for way less that turn into Clients from other services as of right now. 

0 Kudos
Mrwwcatering
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide feedback. I've been using thumbtack for years. It was my go to & first source when looking for business. I was happy paying $3.33 per lead. Over the 5+ years the service provided by thumbtack has definitely deteriorated while pricing has skyrocketed. Needless to say instead of visiting the site 5x per day, I'm now visiting 5x per month.  There is definitely a disconnect between the price charged and the service provided. I'm finding it very difficult to quote on thumbtck because I do not want to spend $60+ dollars to answer a question inquiring about the cost of catering.

My suggestion... How about bringing back the old pricing? How about a flat monthly membership fee? Anything beats paying hefty individual client fees.

Thank you for listening.

paulm12
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I think the way it should be done is that Thumbtack takes a certain percentage of the overall cost if payment is done through thumbtack.  That way, you only pay if you are getting paid.  Also, if Thumbtack takes care of payment, it makes it easier on the custumer to know that everything is secure.

AKD
Level 5

vinamrata Thumbtack Employee Member since Tuesday

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey, "vinamrata, Thumbtack Employee Member since Tuesday." Since Tuesday? How are you asking me anything? Do you know anything at all about this company?  Do you have ths slightest clue what's going on here? Did you just get this position and this is just some smoke screen your supervisor told you to create?  Is this just another waste of time? 

Vinamrata, when you ask questions but pad your query it with paragraphs of your own information, it appears you aren't asking an open question at all but putting up a shield and then peeking out from behind it. Just ask the questions, "What do you find most confusing about our pricing? What would you consider to be a fair price? What are other ways we can make using Thumbtack worth it for you?"

0 Kudos