Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
jase_121
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
I find most leads ridiculous some 3 hours from my house and others people just trying to get pricing not serious at all about having work done. I feel the customer should pay it would weed out the nonsense
jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution
Funny you mentioned here something that just happened today. I quoted a job and the. I got a notice that the customer contacted me by phone. Which they did not! Why is that about? I’d show a screen shot but the customers number shows. It popped up again too. So I got two messages that the customer contacted me by phone and NEVER did. ????? Fortunately I wasn’t charged.
GBCon
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

1Nancyg, you said it all. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Timdogg
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
HALLELUJAH!!!!!! Well said...
0 Kudos
DJGemini
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I thought is was just me complaining on quote costs for my DJ business, I am encouraged to see all types of businesses such as yours are going through similiar negative experience with Thumbtack.  I really think Thumbtack should figure out a way (making it a requirement) for the customer to confirm a booking before the pro is charged such a high rate to quote.

I would even be ok with a low quote cost that is increased with a booking confirmation....something like that.

1NancyG
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I just like to know why does Thumbtack think it's right to charge more than any other platform out there?

I just sign-up to Knot, for catering. They only charge $125 a month, for unlimited leeds. This amount would be less than three leeds for me on Thumbtack. Plus, those three leeds could be fake leeds.

Refunds are impossible to get back on Thumbtack. Yesterday, I had a woman who click-on and hired me; however, she accidently put in the wrong date. It was for Christmas Eve and I wasn't avaible. Unfortunately, I had to tell her that she should have made sure that she had the correct date because now I had to pay Thumbtack. She was horrified by the cost of Thumbtack, and that we had no recourse to be reimbursed after a client contacts us.

Thumbtack is wrong with how much they charge us and they're wrong to not reimburse us when we get false leeds.

timwing1
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

that is not a change, that is just moving chairs around the room!  Change is going from 10 to 5, from 3 to 2!  Change is not telling us what we already know!

Solved! Jump to solution

You must not have read what all the complaints have been. While we would like to see how much a bid is, that does not help when you get people looking at a bid (THUS CONTACTING US AND US RESPONDING) and we have to pay for the bid even though we get no customers. I've complained about this numerous times. It's very frustrating that all this year I have only gotten one customer on here. She was great and rated me highly and I appreciate it, but it came at a significant loss when I bid on so many other projects and get nothing. I've had several people contact me only to then decide on skipping "hiring" a pro. I think we should have the customer pay, then you will see how many people will think more seriously about putting in a request for a pro. People don't understand that we have to pay on our end. And your pricing goes up and down, not fairly priced for certain projects. How about if you get paid from us only if the customer hires us!!! 

Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution

WHAT????? We know up front what it will cost to bid? Are you kidding? Why is this not on the front screen with job info? Click learn more? really? I don't even thin that shows up on my app, does it?  Hiding it seems no better then letting us guess and hope it isn't too much.

MYteddydog1
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Wish I had been informed of this change 

0 Kudos