Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
Hall
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumbtack USED to be the best on the web. Now your varying prices are complete bullshi*. I have been using Thumbtack since 2015, in the begining it was great, buy credits, bid on the job, get hired, get a review and get paid. It was reasonable pricing, now I RARELY even use this crappy service, Home Advisor is my new #1 source, and unless Thumbtack can get a grip on the situation, they will fold. Keep pricing the SAME for EVERY type lead, ceiling fan install used to be 3 credits, $3.33 now it's over $12, IF that's the cheapest thumbtack feels they should charge, I have paid $19. No more will I do that, I too have pages of useless dead end leads. Start charging the customer as much as you charge the contractors. Bet you won't get very many.

Hilaryfox27
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
I used to be a huge fan of Thumbtack, until the pricing started changing, and it cost $10, $25, and up to just respond to an interested client, without thr promise of getting hired. I loved using thumbtack and understood the change of charging, but its a bit outrageous now. I thouht thumbtack was only charging if you get hired, but that isnt so. Im dissapointed, and have practically left the app because I cant spend the kind of money thumtack is asking just to send a quote. I hope this changes.
Seamsbysusan
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for opening this conversation; with the recent changes made I've been interested to offer input.

I've noticed that certain jobs cost much more now than they used to with the credit system. There were some smaller jobs that previously cost $1.67 that now cost $5 or more. I've also noticed that on jobs where I would only charge the customer $30 (for example, a formal dress hem or zipper replacement) cost me $5 or more to send the quote if I'm contacted - hired or not. For me, it's not worth $5 to put a quote out there for something like this, even if I'm hired. That's a big percentage of what I'm making to be paying thumbtack - especially for jobs like these that don't often lead to repeat business. More often than not these hemming or zipper repair jobs are one time customers. I'm not sure how your prices are determined for seamstress jobs or sewing lessons but your pricing seems quite far off for what I charge. Maybe others charge more than I do? 

I do appreciate that we can now see how much the job will cost prior to sending a quote. 

0 Kudos
mirajoleigh
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm responding to leads in the LIFE COACHING category.

All of my leads receive a free consult and about 1/3 of them decide to invest ($99) for their first paid coaching session.

I would like to cap the cost per lead at $33 if possible because at that price, I break even on advertising dollars.

A small percentage of those who paid $99 will invest in a program of $750-$1500 and that's where it makes financial sense to continue using Thumbtack as a source of leads...

However, so far I'm seeing that there are a lot of CURIOUS leads and not a lot of SERIOUS leads in this category.

0 Kudos
heartlandcpr
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I, like many before me have commented, feel that you're changing things too rapidly for us to be able to keep up and even create a policy for responding.  It's totally frustrating to pay for leads and then the customer not even look at responses.  If they were a bit more invested, maybe they wouldn't throw out random requests just to see what sticks.  Money is better spent elsewhere.

As prices have gone crazy, support for the app has completely ended.  The feature to save and resend previous response from a template hasn't worked for MONTHS.  

queendi69
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I have made attempt after attempt to get some answers on this. I have called and called and complained and complained, they even assigned me a account manager to assist and that was a joke. I had even stopped quoting on Thumbtack because of my questions not being heard and no one responding to the ridiculous prices that I am being charged and then have the customer decide to go a different route. I have also saw pages and pages of catering quotes go by where the customers were not  contacting any pro's. Thumbtack should really take a look at this. The new system is not working for us as vendors or the customer if no one is being contacted. I now only pay when I have the Customers Money in My Account. Most of my customers pay with a Credit Card and it takes 3-5 days to process to my account. 

queendi69

0 Kudos

Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
What I have been finding is that the prices are too high to just randomly quote customers that don’t give enough information to accurately quote them.
I am finding prices from mid 30s to mid $40 for a quote and yet we don’t have enough information from the customer to even know if it’s worth it...
Craigslist has now started charging customers to pay ads for work to be done, and I have noticed a significant decrease in the less than serious potential clients.
It might be wise for thumbtack to consider charging a nominal fee to potential clients just even simply to weed out the less than serious people. And then maybe they can reduce the prices for us to quote as well so both parties share the expense. And also increase the amount of information on the scope of work so that we can more accurately “the potential customer.
sb
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
You all are not for the pro you for yourself I complain about being charged 75 in referral fee and you all never credit me and went as far as to delete the conversation with those 3 people and still trying to charge me I will never pay for something I did not get because the parents let their 3 and 4 year old play with the phone and they hit hired when I have never even look at it
queendi69
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

WOW !!!

0 Kudos
TylerVarnell
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Vinamrata,

Thanks for requesting feedback! Smiley Happy

I perform on saxophone and piano, and I am a Top Pro in the Music Entertainment category. 

The contact fees are reasonable. However, there is one important area for improvement in the Music Entertainment category, which is current sub-categorization system used when customers fill out a quote request. Improving subcategorization options would definitely invigorate this marketplace, as the current quote info provided is vague or simply unhelpful in multiple areas. leading to confusion for both the vendor and customer. Better subcategorization would lead to clearer quote requests, equipping vendors to know which jobs would be a good fit, helping customers find the pros they are looking for, and ultimately leading to more Vendor-Customer contacts, which thus creates increased revenue for Thumbtack. Tightening up this process will leave less money on the table for all parties involved.

Contact me if you'd like to chat through my proposed ideas on how to improve the quote reuqest process and make the Music Entertainment category a more successful marketplace.

-Tyler Varnell

0 Kudos