Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Sunsetweddings
Community Newcomer

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
The quotes are supposed to be free, but if I put out alit if quotes, I am asked to increase my budget, which makes no sense. I have also been charged when a customer asked me a question but didn’t book, which is not a good value for me
0 Kudos
Yah-Bah
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm with you on that..  don't make sense...

0 Kudos
Yah-Bah
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

I liked it better when we could buy credits.  It seemed a lot more simple to understand the structure.  

Now its confusing to understand from month to month with the changes...

0 Kudos
GerardFreeman
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
Things were better the old way. For a small price it worked well. Now I feel you guys are sucking our money and don't really care if we get clients or not. Why change something that was already working great at first?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Sunsetweddings
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
I get mostly requests from cities that are an hour away instead of my city, which is Columbus. I get charged when a customer asks me a questions and doesn’t even hire me. Also the quotes are supposed to be free, but I continually am asked to increase my budget. This doesn’t make sense
0 Kudos
DwhitneyHall
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree whole heartedly with the majority of the responses here. I enjoyed the service when I could pre-pay and have control over which leads I responded to.  Ive been "given" some leads which were not ones I would have wanted even though they technically where in the general topic of what I do, AND had to pay for it.. at an amount which was neither disclosed or agreed up.. so weird. Otherwise, I get very few leads and the ones I do dont seem to be true leads as I never hear from them. This was not the case with the early protocol with Thumbtack.

I dont trust thumbtack as a worthy option for advertising anymore..

thanks for asking!

0 Kudos
Krumklean
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
Five years ago when I started my business I relied heavily on Thumbtack for leads. It worked wonderfully and pricing was just where it needed to be for my services. Over the years, the constant changes have made it virtually impossible and not cost efficient to use at all. The cost to use your services is so astronomical for my business that I have become so selective in which potential customer I quote. The price to just discuss options with a customer, or answer a simple question with no guarantee of being selected is sometimes 50% of the actual job I’m quoting. This does not make good business sense. Having customers contact me directly is great, but having to decline them because of your costs is not helping my business at all.
Also, there is the issue of job radius. I am constantly receiving quote requests for jobs so far outside of my set radius, that again, makes it impossible to use your services. I have addressed this issue numerous times without any change. Please change your site back to the way it was and stop making constant changes!!!
0 Kudos
Ncelso
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't like the system . We do not know what we are going to be charged and how are the determinations actually calculated? We are being charged and most of the time not even knowing if you are quoting someone who is actually ready to hire because that no longer is on the requests..So definetly do not like this newer system

0 Kudos
Cutgrass
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
I personally think you should charge the same amount for the jobs that I do. Cutting grass and doing other types of yard work. There is not much room to make a profit, if one is paying more than $10 on any lead. Curious minded people cost the pros money and you guys make money by charging us for their curiosity. I have been asked to do a job and then they come back and say sorry I decided to do it themselves. It has happened more than once. How do I know it is not you guys padding your pockets with my money? There has to be some kind of check and balance in play for the curious customer. I am getting to the point of not bidding on much because it seems that I am spending more that I am making with you guys. Have customers submit photos of the job to be done would be great and automatically submit address if they say yes to the job.
Jeotrades
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
I’m not to thrilled with the way the pricing is adjusted. I understand that Thumbtack needs to make money but determining the value of a job has many factors. If users of Thumbtack were more aware of the payment system they may answer quotes differently.
Maybe a set charge that everyone is aware of.
0 Kudos