Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
DJRICHIERICH
Level 6

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

They cant answer that lol, they dont care man!! I reached out to the ceo before I shut down my instant match with them, he never responded and they have folks in here giving these auto answers, I lost more money to people asking if I was available for their date than anything, those folks never answered back nor book with me in fact some never booked with no one, and still thumbtack got paid. The game is over I have been researching other avenues and found a nice one with bloomchase.com you pay a flat fee for leads, thats all I ask of thumbtack but no dice. I am on several platforms and this one is the huge rip off, my gigmasters I pay $290 for the year and have unlimited leads and it only took one gig to pay for my annual membership and I have still been getting leads and getting book, gigmaster is about they business!! 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I do IT Support so i get alot ocontacts and leads locally and maybe remotely. The only issue i have is i am not always able to help a certain person out and we have a full blown conversation to only find out i am not hired or the customer isn't interested, but i still get charged $6 or more. I would prefer if the leads all had a set price like maybe $2-$4 each no matter the area, location, type, difficulty of job or how many Pros in the area. It should be more of a set amount. I look at my card statement and i have all kinds of fluctuating prices raning from $5-$16. I  think all in all you guys should change the strategy of when to charge, instead of charging when you gain a contact (that may not turn into getting hired) you should make it in the system to where the customer has to confirm hiring or not hiring of the Pro then determine the charging from there. I get plenty of "The customer has passed on your quote" then get charged though just because i spoke with them. I'm all for gaining contacts but i can gain 50 contacts and only get hired 5 time but got charged for lease 40 of those contacts! 

imwhitey
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Danggg over 1400 comments in just 24 hours! Some mad customers here. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
revrobert
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

The former pricing where we paid approx 3 or 4 dollars to send a quote worked best for me.

My max. fee for wedding minister services is $ 250-$ 275.

To pay $20 to $40 and more to have someone contact me and not possibly securing the event is, for me, not cost effective.

I was more successful with the old pricing. My business has fallen off with your new pricing plan.

It is costing more for me but I get a lot fewer bookings. I'm looking at other options with different companies now.

Hopefully you will reinstate the old pricing or lower it according to our fees to clients.

In The Spirit Of Aloha!

Rev. Robert

DJRICHIERICH
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes I left too paying over $400 a month for potential DJ gigs only to land one every three to four months I was going backwards, I went elsewhere and got things back on track.

0 Kudos
Cndtrees
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
You guys really suck all around been on your site for about two weeks and now still nothing wont be using you anymore i dont know about your pricing because i havnt even had an opportunity to use you

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been using thumbtack since 2015. It was great when you bought credits. I would buy $80 worth and pay 1-3 credits per lead. Then they switched from credits to money and started charging $10-$15 per lead. I haven’t had a customer in over 6 months from thumbtack and am going to stop using them all together. 

Kevin1211
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes the credit system was a lot better this new system

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree. I used to get 5 out of 6 jobs response now its to much to use
DrHilt
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Exactly.  I do not reply any longer because it has gotten too costly.