Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
acevers
Community Newcomer

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I would like to know what happens to your budget if you dont get any requests that week. It says it doesn't get tranfered? so you jut loose it?

0 Kudos
suzannestuesse
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
Vinamrata,
3.00-4.00 per quote is fair, whether or not the quote results in an actual student. $13 and $15 per quote is nearly unethical! People see thumbtack pop up in their facebook and request quotes on a whim! Also, you are somehow attracting people that want the best service for next to nothing returned in payment. I received more students that actually showed up for lessons when you were chaeging 3.33 per quote. Now, I have only 1 new student that has shown up out of all the quotes I have sent since you raised your price. Attract a better quality of people and encourage them to be accountable!

Require background checks of customers, not only pros.
I am on the erge of withdrawing my credit info from thumbtack and making a getting students by other means.

Suzanne Stuesse
0 Kudos
suzannestuesse
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
Sorry for the typos.
0 Kudos
Hellodommels
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
It certainly sucks when you’re charged $30 for a job that falls through and you had zero contact with the potential client.
PianoMan
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

It should be obvious by now that this system is broken. I was happy in the past, but now there's no way I'm going to give Thumbtack my business until they develop a better pricing model or go back to the old one. There have been complaints for a long time now. Something is seriously wrong here. I hope  these people will wake up before they go out of business and vanish.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CHERIEFOTO
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

A flat rate would be great......OR the client pays...We must be known as great photographers as well....I do not think any photog should be able to come aboard...The level of skills must be good so the client will know that TT photogs are great and worth the nominal fee they would pay to get to us......That is the way i really think would be really a stallar program for everyone....!!!!

0 Kudos
hypnohotshot
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

It is obvious that respondants are making the same points over and over again. My experience is similar. Approx $3.00 per lead, many results, a few years ago. Later, up to $5.00 per lead, declining results. Recent bids, about $14.00, no results. Gradual decline in my responses, looking for other services. Thumbtack is pricing itself out of my interest.  Appears to be exorbitant cost, only to its own benefit. They can charge whatever they like, and if they can make it work for them, good luck. But the overwhelming consensus on this forum is that many are voting with their feet.

0 Kudos
richcrawford
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for starting this conversation.  I have called and spoke to customer support about your pricing.  Here are my thoughts.  I am a Magicain and have been an active Thumbtack user for over a year.  If I quote on a job I am getting billed for what I quote, not what the job gets booked for.  I have encountered customers who are not aware of what an average hourly wage is for my services.  They might request 2 or 3 hours, but in the end only have the budget for less time.  I am happy to pay Thumb Tack for the service you provide... but I have had multiple instances where I am paying you more than what I end up locking in a gig for.  It would be great if I could just pay you for the gigs I book at the percentage of the cost of the booking.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Rich

0 Kudos
dissidencefood
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
I started using thumbtack back in February and since then the pricing has changed multiple times. I would argue that each time it changed it was with less benefit to the user...understandable, you are running a business as well. However, the new pay structure is very overpriced and puts us business owners in a bad situation.

I have put my business on hiatus since July and have not been putting out quotes. And thank God I did. Charging as much as $63 to respond to a client when there is no guarantee that the job will be landed after that one reply. It used to be manageable, $9 - $15, now $63 to respond to a client that wants food for 200-250 ppl. I often converse with the client multiple times because they have a lot of questions. Am I to have to pay $63 every time I reply to her message.

As I stated my business is on hiatus so I wanted to send this person a message and let them know that I was not available, but thank them for seeking me out and I also wanted to refer them to a fellow friend and former colleague. But the simple act of writing a message stating that would have cost $63!!! Why should I have to pay when I am declining a job and why can't I write them a message. instead I have to just press the pass button and blow them off.

I really think the whole "pay to reply to a client" needs to be re-evaluated. Putting us in contact with potential clients is one thing and us paying for that service is one thing , but to place a scaled fee structure based on "your" value of the job and charge the fee just to communicate with the client is disingenuous and moves past just being overpriced and instead displays a gross over estimation of value.

From February to now you have not changed your pricing structure. You have fundamentally changed your business model from being a middleman or small business liaison to a full blown "pay to communicate" business. Not the best example, but basically you went from monetizing your value to the consumer (us) to now monetizing and overcharging every step of the consumer's process in landing a client.
Adam2
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
At first you guys were awesome,, now it tripled in price $5 to $16, very weak leads we don’t use it much anymore sad to say
0 Kudos