Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
DJRoyalTee
Level 5

Let's talk about our pricing!

Solved! Jump to solution
We should not have to pay unless we secure a paid contract. A lot of people are Lookie Lou’s that have Champagne taste and a beer purse! It is costing me too much in money and time and I am no longer seeing the value. Also, if you give me a refund I want it credited back to my card. Not a credit on my Thumbtack account! That’s not right!
dsilva6897
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't mind paying for leads but at this point it's getting out of hand and prices are getting higher and higher. Especially when the customer contacts multiple pro's. Only one person can be hired so why does everyone get charged? I think the price should be much lower than what it is. Its almost gotten to the point that I'm basically just working for leads and not seeing any profit. The only profit I'm seeing is from these customers returning or spreading my name. 3 or 4 leads can end up costing the same as one full gig when in actuality 1 out of probably every 7-10 leads end up booking. Like I said I don't mind paying for leads but it seems like every lead is treated like an automatic hire when its usually not. Leads should be a lot cheaper in my opinion. I shouldn't have to look at a job and debate if its worth responding to if I don't get hired. Thats my only issue.

DawneBogner
Level 4

Outragous cost

Solved! Jump to solution
I can say honestly I like Thumbtack a lot better when I could pay $80 for credits instead of $15 per job that might be $100 job. And after I pay my employee gas and supplies entrances I'm barely making $40 a job! I think Thumbtack is getting too greedy that's the problem.. yes I know there are a for-profit company but now they're just going overboard
DAVE2
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have no idea how Thumbtack determines pricing for my leads. Being in the travel business there is no way to know the value of the lead until I speak with the customer. I got one lead last week, for a few nights in a hotel in the Los Angeles area, which is a lead that many times I would pass over and some how it cost $22, way to expensive in my opinion.

Thanks!

Highlighted
acreativeexp
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Many are just leads and never send a job offer to any of the five people who pay.  As a graphic designer, you were charging $34 for a logo job that I charge around $170 for.  Way too expensive so I do not bid on logo jobs.  I only bid on jobs like tradeshow booth design and brochure design $300+ in order to make sense of the $17 we have to pay for the graphic deisgn category.  

We were top pros 2 years ago and for 1 year when we first started.  We go so many jobs with our portoflio, reviews, etc.  But when my boss aw what he was paying per month for the services he asked me not to use Thumbtack anymore.  Some months we would sepnd $100 but get in $1000 worth of work.  Other months we spent $200 and did not get any jobs. 

In graphic design your competiton is websites like Upwork and Freelancer....although we only use Upwork and we are one of the top design teams on there for 9 years.  They charge a subscription of $20 per month.  We can bid on like 100 jobs.  Then if we go over, we pay like $2 on each job thereafter.  They also take 20% up to $500.  Then 10% after that from jobs we get on there.   I normally get 4 jobs per week on average.  Thumbtack I am doing about 1 per month but I am not investing my time on here.

If you modeled yourself after sites like that.  They take a percentage of the job that is hired.  Clients pay through the website and it is a safe way to pay.

I like Thumbtack in theory and it has alot of potential but we cannot spend money on people who are just "looking" or "price checking"  Most of the time the client does not even respond to questions when I follow up.  

They also expect you to be in their area....when we do not need to be in their local area as graphic design is pretty much done on email and remotely.  We work for clients all across the world.  

Anyhow, too expensive, leads are "soft".  I will wait until you have clients that pay on the website and you take a percentage after the job is awarded.  

In some categories, it might work.  ie a kitchen remodeler does not mind spending $34 to bid on a job that could be $5,000.  In our category a logo design is less than $200 and we have to pay $34.  It does not make business sense for us.  

DJRoyalTee
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Well said!! My sentiments exactly!!
0 Kudos
rodnelg
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

I Wouldn't mind paying any price as long as i actually booked and worked with a client. Charging me to talk with a client that I've been doing on facebook and other sites is a bit different, which is why i stopped using thumbtack. Great app, but Cost me too much money to just talk to clients with out booking them to even break even. 

BlueRio
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

To be honest - I delete almost all leads now. Too confusing to even understand. As a coach and a professional speaker - I need a lot more information from a client than what I can get in order to bid on a lead. It just seems like this is an unaffordable way to access clients. Also - for things as specialized as coaching and events - if we have to pay this much for a lead then I feel the clients must have mandated questions they have to answer. I train hundreds of coaches - I used to recommend this service - I no longer do as I cannot trust whether or not it is a fair and profitable experience for them.

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes, that, too. So many potential clients have no idea what they're looking for. Risking the cost of bidding on a job that we may not even be remotely qualified/prepared for isn't conducive.

0 Kudos
kellie
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm a lawyer, and your pricing does not match the type of job. I have seen requests lately where the client is looking for just some basic information, but you are charging $75 for the lead. That's $75 to get a crack at only a one-hour consult. Not worth it at all. The price is so high, and customers don't include enough details to determine if it is potentially a good fit. So I frequently choose not to send a quote. It was much better before when I could choose to send a quote based on the credits. The whole "you only pay if they respond to you" doesn't really make the referral more valuable to me because there is not enough information to decide if it's a good fit for my practice. I don't want to pay $65 or $75 to figure that out. 

So I don't think you know how to distinguish between someone looking for one or two hours to get information versus someone looking for representation for an entire divorce. There is a big difference in the value of the job, but I see no difference in the pricing to send a quote between the two.