Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
LarryGruber
Level 1

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I think it should be just one price when a potential client responds to a quote.  Otherwise, there is no way to stick to your marketing budget when you seem to be arbitrarily charging us.

zetaval
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

It is very confusing about the rate changes/ pricing points.   One time a client, asked if I was available?  I said sure. Please send details.  I heard nothing else back from the person and was debited from my account. 

Does it also take into account the travel time in the pricing.

0 Kudos
Minnie
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I appreciate your recommendations, though, you are sending me potential customers that are too far away from my area.  That is something you should take into consideration when the opportunity arises.  Also, I am very confused when I have to reply to a potential customer and I am charged for the reply.  That is very discouraging.  

0 Kudos
SantaPapa
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I understand the reasoning behind charging each pro for leads on which they bid.  It encourages the pros' pricing to be more competitive.  Isn't the fact that if the pro doesn't get the job enough of a motivator?  Maybe charge more for when you are successful in acquiring a lead and not so much when you don't.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution
Your pricing jumped 200%~500% in the last year. You can’t tell me anything about that, that is just plain wrong.

You leads that I get charged for 100% of the time, I get a reply from the leads less than 10% of the time. That’s like having a grocery store and 10 people come in and only one person buys something. That’s not how it goes, you don’t go to a store to buy something and walk out with nothing. The bottom line is that out of the 10 people at least 7-8 people will buy something not 1.
It’s very obvious that these leads are fake and I am working with a friend to prove that, as I have the names and adresses of all the people I contacted and never even got a reply forget about an estimate. Once I can prove that I will sue you for all the money I spent/you took from me and all the hassles and time I wasted contacting fake people.

Thumbtack, your robbing people without realizing that someone can prove your doing so. I will prove the obvious and I will report my findings to bbb and Than we will get all the people that you did this to by placing an adds and after we get contacted and we get 100 people or more we will file a class action lawsuit against you!

Solved! Jump to solution
Like I’ve said your prices went up 300%~500% in 12 months.. schemers!

Solved! Jump to solution
I don’t care any price
I know I need a pay for you service
But the problem is when the customer wants any estimate we need to stop by to know exactly the costera want
That’s way it’s better to give the estimate
But after asking for that infomation they never answer bak
0 Kudos
teamWorks
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Since you changed the whole pricing structure for leads, I have not submitted a quote.  I never know how much it will cost, and often people are just fishing for pricingon Thumbtack, with no real goal of solidifying services.  I have also asked multiple times for a category of nonprofit, but that fell on crickets on the Thumbtack end.  I am waiting for a reason to try Thumbtack again... but am seriously considering stopping all together.  I ditto the comments that Thumbtack has nothing to lose, and we have everything!

Becky Lunders, teamWorks
cmcspell
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I'd like to know what I'm paying before I contact a prospective customer.

MikeA
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes! Knowing what we pay before we contact a customer would be great.
0 Kudos