Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
SallyB
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I think the pricing is fair -finally.

I'm getting much less jobs now that more pros are allowed to quote, so l obviously don't like that. 

Losing much more business in Thumbtack, but paying less for quotes.

I think bringing back budget is important.  I see you may be doing that.  I don't waste my time/$ on someone with a low budget.

Thanks for caring about the pros.  For a while I didnt think you did.

0 Kudos
sherrijphoto
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I think the cost for bidding headshot photography is too high.  Many times, these clients in our area don't want to pay more than $100 for a 30 minute session.  I've stopped sending quotes for this service because I haven't seen a financial benefit that's worth what I'll lose if I don't get the job.  Also, I can answer several questions when a client contacts me and I appreciate the fact that Thumbtack isn't charging us for a "no thank you" response, but I really can't afford to have more than a few quotes out there if I'm going to have to pay to answer questions and then not get the job.  I think a better way would be to have us pay when we're hired.  One other thing is that I feel that events and wedding photography should be separated and should not be lumped into one service.  Some of these events are birthday parties and people don't want to pay more than $250 for that service in this area.  We shouldn't be charged as much for that service as we are for a $1500 wedding.  Thank you for asking for our input.  I hope to see changes that allows both the photographer and Thumbtack to be prosperous.  

0 Kudos
JCerzosie
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

There is no rhyme or reason to the breakdown of pricing whatsoever. 

What we get charged should NEVER be an afterthought, where it's too late for us to say "You know what, Nah, getting this job isn't worth the sometimes $30, sometimes $40, I'm going to get charged, etc..." 

As a Musician & Entertainer, to get charged JUST for an email is ludicrous. If I got charged a Booking Agent's Fee for every Club I TRIED to get booked at, I'd have to be a Millionaire just to attempt to Tour or play a show. 

If Thumbtack wants to take a 10%-20% Booking Fee AFTER the job is booked,  Ihave no problem with that whatsoever. BUT, knowing that in advance would also alter how much I charge my customer because I am essentially paying another employee now. 

The company wants us to provide them with an alotted amount of money that they can take from our accounts every week, but they don't want to give us an a guarantee of ANY kind in return. 

It's almost like a ponzi scheme.

And for the amount of money being taken, the services should be a lot better than they are. 

The filters serve no purpose as 90% of the opportunities that end up in my inbox are for Genres and Styles of Music and Performances that I CLEARLY don't provide. Then I'm penalized in my rating if I don't answer quickly? 

I booked one gig through this website and stopped trying. The gig was great. But the process I had to go through and the money I had to spend to get there was NOT worth the time and hassle. 

I wish I had known about this site when people say it was only a few dollars per lead, I could have done great business back then. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
Well here goes for the job types I.do the prices have went from fair to outrageously. Example
1year ago: TV MOUNTING LEAD never saw price over 10$ ever.
TV MOUNTING LEAD NOW 25$ NEVER LESS.
Now if you take that pricing as an.example the average rate for.tv mounting in my area is about
100-125 so with a charge of 10$ that seems reasonable call nsidering we were bidding against 4 other companies at the most.

Now you charge 25+ for the same lead except it's open to every company usually like 15 or more companies everytime.

So before THUMBTACK WAS MAKING 10% of the potential profit and was getting if 5 companies.replied 50$
NOW Thumbtack gets 25% of the potential profit and makes 375$ of each lead and I now have 1/3 less probability of.getting the job because there are 15 companies.replying instead of 5.

Pitching your new.pricing which is solely for This tack to make like a 7 times higher.amount on every lead isn't beneficial for the companies on Thumbtack it's good for Thumbtack furthermore you say you base price's off perceived value of the job yet you send wiring jobs out to me and Full home theater installs which should clearly have a better profit margin in them for me out at 1\3the cost of a TV mounting job.
You not pricing leads on value for the companies your pricing leads on the volume of leads for category types.and more.frequent requests you charge us more to receive it has nothing to do with job siZe as the last Single TV mounting just b Ieeceived was a cost of 27$ to hang 1 TV I received a.lead in same zip code to mount 3tvs it cost 21$ for that lead to so how is that scaling based on job siZe and potential profit for.the companies your sending the leads too it isn't that's how.

You wanna know how to fix it change it back to the way it worked before THumbtack execs got greedy and wanted to milk money out of the pros it's trying to help build the business that got thumbt ack to where it is now.
Regards,
Aaron F

Odiliab
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I just wondering because I got some clients that are required about my services, and I haven't send them any coute, because they are not close by, thank so much for reply me
0 Kudos
JohnnyD
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I am not questioning the prices you feel to charge,  but what I was questioning this.... You said that when a customer responds to a quote, and they respond with hiring me, then that seems fair..  But, and I repeat "But",  If I send a quote, and they in return send me with a response that they have already chosen, and hired a DJ,   "OR''  We are sorry, but we have decided to cancel the event, and are no longer in need of a DJ ???   Or, I've have a client come back on another site I list with, and she told me that they are just getting prices, and have not yet planned an event. ?    So, I ask you, why should I be charged for clients sending me back respones as such, and that I feel is not resonable, or fair.    That is what I have to question you about your pricing arrangement.  I don't like paying for leads unless the client hires me.Musician.jpg

Solved! Jump to solution
I feel that I get charged for quotes I don't make. I could be mistaken, but I don't think so.
Elissa
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
How come I don't know the cost of a lead until my potential client writes back... then when I check on my finance page I see how expensive that lead was to get a response?

Solved! Jump to solution
Thumbtack is no longer providing costs for leads prior to sending them is why they just leave it totally open so they can charge whatever they want and don't let us know until afterwards it's garbage.
Regards,
Aaron F

Highlighted
WBTF365
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I guess what is confusing is that there are so many different variable you use when chargeing me for a contact that I do not know how you come up with the price.  It almost seems like it is whatever you feel like charging me at any given time. I don't know how many other pros send quotes, and I don't know what their pricing is compared to mine so I don't know what value you place on my services compared to other pros to determine what I get charged. Why not charge me a set fee like $5 per hundred dollars that I charge the client? That would work out to just about what you have been charging me.  Or $15 up to a $300 job, or a set fee for private and  birthday parties, and another fee for coorporate or company events?  Maybe a set % like other agents charge.

Just my thoughts

0 Kudos