Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Is it a fixed price per customer contact, or does the price vary customer to customer ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I liked it much better when we were either charged by "credit" or a flat fee whether it was $3 something or $5 something and we could choose who we wanted to send quotes to.  I am a personal trainer and all the prices that go out are for hourly clients.  Most of my clients come in for 1/2 hours and the price of an hour scares clients away.  Also, I don't want you to "match" my clients.  I know what areas (parts of town) my clients typically come from and I know what times I have available.  If a client gives a range of what times they would like, I know if it something that I will have available.    It was much better when we had more control instead of so many things being done by auto-set.

0 Likes
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Pricing is vague. Pricing is too high. People do not take quote serious. Perhaps if they are charged a price, they would be more serious. Thumbtack and leads are a waste of my money and time. No thanks!
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Super high! Was better when I started but now is a joke. The last month I was using thumbtack my credit card got hit really bad and nothing I could do. People suppose to contact with me to ask couple questions and nothing. But I was charged 45 dls. I cancelled and start to invest in my own advertising for about 100 per month I am getting way more leads and calls on FB Bing and Google. I think you should charge no more than 3 dls per contact lead. You guys are getting richer every day. Is hard already with so much competition out here to pay 40 dls for a maybe lead.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I'm just getting my business growing and I'm between a rock and a hard place because the last 3 leads came up empty handed. But the most recent was through instant match and it automatically charged me. It was 48 dollars as to where the last 2 were 18 together. Is there any way to get credit to keep making bids if 3 were unsucessful?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Most of the leads do not tell you how much work they need done until i go look at them to determine a price.  How can you guys set a price without going to the customers house and looking at how much work it is. I can not give 90% of these people a price until i go to there house and look   EXAMPLE   A customer said they had two truckloads of stuff to take to the dump. i quoted them $150   i got to there house and took 10 truckloads away for 2 and a half days so how can you know what to charge me for the job , you guys have no idea how much work the cutomer has, you have not been there to look at it  I charged a guy 35 dollars to put a hose on his washing machine and you charged me 15 dollars for the referral, i will go broke working with you guys. you used to charge about 3 dollars for a lead that size before, if you want to lower your prices i would be glad to use your service again, if not than you lost me as a custmer.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Thumbtack helped boost my business when I started out about 3 years ago. It was affordable and an efficient way to get customers. I think with all the changes Thumbtack has done over the last few years has turned people away. The credit system was the most affordable and easiest/straightforward way. It was only a few dollars to submit a quote. Now, I dont submit as many quotes because it takes a chunk of profit and not even guaranteed. I had a request for a taco bar and it charged me $30, which will be a third of my profit. I want to stay with Thumbtack, but it's gotten to be one of the most expensive options. Disappointed and hope something will change to make it more affordable like it used to be.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
You have over 120 pages of comments from professionals who use your service, and the great majority of the comments are uniformly against the changes in pricing you’ve made. It seems your questions are being answered en masse.

I rarely get jobs from Thumbtack anymore; most requests are just fishing for quotes from a number of pros, then moving on. No way to talk with potential clients. No way for meaningful give and take to make sure client and pro are actual matches.

I am a professional photographer. There are so many variables and nuances to my work, and all go by the wayside without any means to communicate with responding clients.

I get easily a dozen requests per day for photographic services via Thumbtack; almost all get deleted because I know there is no vehicle for communicating with prospective clients. Professional photography is NOT a cookie-cutter widget-producing enterprise; it is personal for both client and pro. Your service does not at all accommodate the variables and questions both clients and pros need addressed before any hiring takes place.

Thumbtack user since 2015 (but not at all in 2018)
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I would say, as I skimmed through some of the other responses, that I am on the same page as many other pros.  Now with instant match, I get far fewer jobs on Thumbtack and I am paying A LOT more.  For example, for a design consult and they only want help with accessories and artwork, my initial fee to walk in the door is only $100 and the fee was $33 and some odd change, a big difference from only $3-$6.  

Also, newsflash, just because a potential customer contacts me does not mean that I have been hired, yet I still pay the $33 just for a customer sending an inquiry message.   This has become a whole lot more like HomeAdvisor; which is NOT a good thing, I will stick it out for the remainder of the year to see if my ROI is good but if not, I will drop Thumbtack.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

1. The pricing is inconsistent and is only based on a potential client contacting you but not hiring you. We don’t mind paying if we get hired. We should be able to communicate and sell our services at no charge. Then Thumbtack can take a percentage. 

2. Thumbtack could also offer packages for business owners, ie:

Silver: $5 per month, unlimited quotes and responses, etc....7% of sales after hired

Gold: $10 per month, unlimited quotes and responses, etc.....5% of sales after hired, and add other perks you may have to offer 

Platinum: $15 per month, unlimited quotes and responses, etc....3% of sales after hired, and add a platinum status for business owners for potential clients to see, potential clients also get a 10% off coupon when a platinum business owner is chosen  (paid for by thumbtack) and again any other perks you may have to offer

These packages are just suggestions.....the cost, percentages and perks could and would vary 😀

3. EzCater takes 7% of your sales and that includes the credit card fee. Which I think is fair. We are not charged to communicate with the client until they hire us.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to share our thoughts and suggestions. It’s so nice to know that you are trying to help/support business owners like ourselves!

Sincerely,

Teresa & Sean Osborne 

Owners of Heavenly Hawgs BBQ