results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Rapid1
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree completely
Jeanne
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you for allowing us to voice our opinion about the new pricing.

I am finding that I am getting hundreds of emails in my field (nutritionist), but I was charged $37 for one interested person that was just curious and did not want to invest in my services. After having several of these I am finding that I am losing hundreds of dollars without getting a single client.

I am finding that I spend a lot of time deleting hundreds of emails rather than risk losing more money with potential clients that are not interested in my service. I once thought that thumbtack would be a good idea. But now I wish that I was being charged only if the potential client becomes an actual client.

I would appreciate your consideration in changing the platform so that we will get paid a percentage when the client is actually hiring that particular professional. If that is the case, I would be willing to pay a higher percentage of my fee to thumbtack.

AKD
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Jeanne -
I agree completely.
The "kudos" feature isn't working or you would have received mine. 

Macys
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Completely agree with you!! Will be posting my own comment shortly
0 Kudos
timwing1
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Trying to get any sort of satifaction, understanding or change with these guys is a complete waste of time. 
"they", the "customer service" if they are even real, are nothing more than reading a script.  Otherwise, they are so happy to help, they want us all to know how much it means to hear feedback, and they are big on telling us they are working on something!

However, they have yet with me to address ONE concern beyond the same thing they say to eveyone!  They have never ONCE got back to me or replied to me with SPECIFIC CONCERNS or questions!

The pricing when I signed on was fair, then they arbitrarily changed it and simply blather on about how they are going to review it since so many are unhappy!  But, nothing ever happens, nothing changes!

Checaskey
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I have called thumbtack many times- they're real. But they never fix my real issues Smiley Sad

A_Messina
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello, Vinamrata, this is an issue that I brought up personally with your boss Zappacosta at the last Los Angeles meeting; I not only spoke to him but I left him a detailed explanation in a typed letter.  He said he'd get back to me, but, of course, he never did.

I'm a Thumbtack pro, a foreign language teacher and I'm concerned about making bid for students who "ghost" and leave me holding the bag, and now the bag is costing me $9 a pop (as you know it used to be $3).  

I've made an attempt to remedy the situation by making it clear up front that the student should contact me only if they're SERIOUS about taking lessons.  This is the beginning of the one and only Italian Lessons template that I created for Thumbtack. I deleted all the others but somehow Thumbtack manages to send out old bid messages that I'VE DELETED. 

My feeling is that we should pay $3.00 for a student's initial contact with the pro; if they "ghost", just disappear after saying "hello", the pro shouldn't have to pay anymore than the $3.00. However if there is a reasonable amount of negotiation and/or if the student decides to hire another pro, then Thumbtack should be allowed to charge me the additional $6.00 (to make it $9.00).

But $9.00 is too high of an amount to pay for a "ghost"; I've had students actuallly marked me down as "HIRED" only to disappear and not respond to my messages.  Just so you can verify that what I'm saying is true, my name is Antonio Messina and I'm an Italian Language Top Pro.  The student's name is Becca Carucci who evidently was never serious about taking lessons; I've emailed her a couple of times but she has not responded, even though she marked me down as "hired". 

Solved! Jump to solution

I completely agree.

Amanda321
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree with you fully, Pat. Since February 2018 Thumbtack has gone downhill. I also advertise elsewhere with much better response. Well stated comments.
Highlighted
ReeseTee
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

I am the administrator of an unofficial Facebook user group of Thumbtack Pro’s. I have been reading posts, and dialoging with other TT Pro’s on various issues for over a year. I’m also a Top Pro, with around 350 hires and 220 reviews (some are even good).

Right now, the game plan for most TT Pros: Pray that TT Executives come to their senses. In the meantime, work hard at sourcing business from other places.

The Pro community has very little trust right now, and a great deal of suspicion (not to mention; rage, frustration, confusion, profound sense of being betrayed by TT, etc.)

There have been tons of surveys with promised random drawing winners, but I have never seen a list of winners posted anywhere. This creates suspicion.

The Budget Bid system is convoluted, confusing. Some of us suspect that how we set our budgets for the week, impacts how much we will be charged for the first contact of that week. If you wanted to raise bid prices, then you should have raised bid prices. Frankly, my weekly budget is really none of your business. The fact that you are even asking me what my budget is, suggests you will try to get more of that from me.

On a PC, it is unnecessary extra mouse clicks, to learn the cost of a contact, before we send out our bid.

It also seems that every bit of data that allows us to be competitive is systematically eliminated. Pros are more in the dark about who we are bidding against, how many total bids the job-poster received, how many Pro’s did the job-poster contact, etc.  All those bits of data have been taken away from us.

TT-corporate may think they are being clever by doing that, but it has further enraged us, and eroded trust.

I do not want to pay for contacts, especially the way TT-corporate defines them. I want to pay a fair price for hires, or more specifically completed jobs. I could live with 5%.

Tell the job posters up front, that if they want the Thumbtack insurance coverage, they will have to post a review, and let Thumbtack know how much they paid.  Tell the job-posters that if they circumvent the Thumbtack system, insurance coverage will not be in play. TT could further incentivize the job-posting population to post reviews by having a legitimate random drawing, with a lot of winners, from the pool of posted reviews.

It’s nice that TT corporate is asking for feedback. But TT-corporate has dug itself into such a deep hole….Many of us are thinking at this point, why bother to give feedback at all? Time and energy is better spent sourcing business from other platforms. Especially if you are a small shop. Learning Google Ads, takes time. Learning Facebook Ads, takes time.

Reese T.