Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Vangelique
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

So ever since the new pricing change..I have had less jobs. The pricing is overly priced and unfair. I believe unless you actually get a job request from an inquiry we should not be charged. It looks like clients are just continuously abusing the fact that they can price gauge and shop for pricing and keep creating new requests without any fees..therefore leading to more of us pros wasting our time and money but no lead or job outcomes. It's annoying when I see the same person request pricing/quotes several times in a day under a new name/account to price shop.  I am not a fan of the new pricing sytem. It's just raping our pockets and no legit outcome at the end. I'd rather pay $1-$3 per quote and have a chance to get an actual lead then be charged weekly with no chances. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I used to bid on logo design projects. Apparently, the person who set the lead fees based jobs like this on corporate identity programs for large companies, where the fees paid to a designer might run $5,000 - $15,000. But in the real world, there are Mom & Pop startups that are looking to pay $150 or less for a logo design. A Thumbtak lead fee of $70 makes bidding on this type of project untenable. So I had to stop bidding.

0 Kudos
Stuart
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I find that the pricing is all over the place, changes all the time, although only in an upward direction. The idea that you don't give refunds on any leads that proved to be incorrect is troubling. Credits are won after having lengthy conversations with your staff. I have found that they are reading from a script that is stiff and inclined to be a no answer. The customer reps are inexperienced and I have had 2 be rude to me,  Needless to say I had to remind them that I am the customer that pays their salery) not the "customers") but I did also speak with a  Megan who was lovely  and articulate.

The pricing is faulty the leads often don't amount to an actual project and alot of time and effort invested on our behalf. Potential clients are prompted to give pat responses to encourage a conversation. To date I have had ONE  person follow up on the automatic response "whats next" or whens your next availability?" out of many. I feel that the questioners that the clients fill out are not specific enough to determine whether they are qualified and understand the costs involved for Interior design. It might benefit both parties if the questions are written by experts in the field and a brief description of what they might expect when engaging the experts.

The platform has great potential but your pricing may be you undoing if you don't begin to be transparent, clear, consistent and fair. This conversation is at least a place to begin.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dago12
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
Yesterday or Saturday I spent $75 in one lead of the costumer want was the to know about the price and I can’t price a job without see it
0 Kudos
swirlandco
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I used Thumbtack a lot for my business prior to them changing the pricing.   I really liked it about 2 years back when we had the beautiful profile pages to display our work.   I thought Thumbtack was the one site that was truly good for small business!  Now it just seems like they are trying to be like everyone else and make as much off of everyone as possible.  It is GREAT to be an original - I wish they would go back to that.  The pricing was fair and you didn't feel terrible if you didn't get the job.  Buying credits and using them was great and manageable for me as a small business owner.  Now I'm afraid to respond to even one lead and definately don't want to do instant match because I like to look at the scope of the job and comments first to make sure it is in line with what I do.    

0 Kudos
Jess
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I felt more in control when I was choosing my own leads to bid on. With this new system, I'm spending a lot more money and feel like I have less control. Some of the "details" for the job, I never would have bothered, and now I'm paying for those leads that don't even fit my criteria. I will be making my move out of Thumbtack soon.

Solved! Jump to solution

I can't stand the new pricing method. I am about ready to give up on Thumbtack for leads.

Why don't you make it a flat rate so we service providers know exactly what we are being charged.

And I HATE the fact that those looking for service providers have no skin in the game. I pay every time a person requests a bid and they aren't serious or they cancel the project when they were really only trolling for approximate costs/bids.

If Thumbtack doesn't change make it more cost effective for us service providers then I'm done!

Dago12
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
I’m with you I pay for every bid and costumers are not serious they not even respond any more
0 Kudos
tcbischof
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I used to be a thumbtack top pro & won this award for several years. I haven't done anything different. I still bid on those clients within 15 miles of my home & have got 0 students from thumbtack for probably 8 months. I used to get them. I think that customers should pay if they are truly looking for work and not window shopping and making a decision within the week. I also think that once a customer pays us is when we should pay you. This is how Take lessons & Lessonface is set up and I get a ton of students from them and my website and my local music store. On thumbtack I get people wanting to learn piano or bass when I clearly put I only teach guitar.

Precisioncon
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
If I have any issue with thumbtack it is the inconsistent pricing, as a business owner we look for value in a potential job, most of the leads on thumbtack do not have enough information to give an accurate estimate. Pictures are valuable and would justify the cost of the lead from an information standpoint and whether it's worth our companies time to bid on it, not knowing what exactly we are getting charged up front is sort of sketchy, we can't offer a service to a customer without giving them an idea of the cost and it would be more logical to let us know the range up front to see if the risk is worth the reward. Requiring pictures from all customers along with more acccurate information regarding the job is crucial, it adds value to us and justifies the cost you charge, help us help you grow by tweaking the system so it is fast and easy for the end users, I completely understand customers only want to get limited information as fast as possible but in our experience serious customers that trust the service will give a little more in hopes of finding the right contractor they are comfortable with, contractors (myself included) would be willing to pay more for job leads that have more detailed information because it saves us time of not having to make an initial estimate appointment to find out the job is a bust or not as the customer described it. By adding more detailed criteria for our industry and making it easier for user looking for a reputable contractor would be a winning combination for all parties involved, thumbtack makes money, contractors make money, customers get there problems solved, everyone wins building not only building your brand but our company as well, thank you for taking this into consideration , Precision
0 Kudos