Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Thepianoguy1
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
I was charged 40+ for a lead that didn’t pan out. I quoted 275. I believe the percentage is high. Maybe depends on if pro gets job or not. I he/she doesn’t get it is 2-4 % if job is contracted and payment made 12 to 20 % depends on amount of $ maybe.
0 Kudos
adolfolivas
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Some tax was the first web-based service that I used to locate customers. In the beginning, a lead might cost me less than two dollars.  He required me to buy credits in a bundle to use to secure clients. You have constantly changed your billing format, and the result has not been a good one for me. I have seen an 800% increase in what it cost me to pursue a customer. And I am seeing less and less customers contact me. As a result, I established my own website enjoined a service called the Knot.  Both of these provide me many times more customers than Thumbtack does. In fact, I have contemplated very seriously just closing my account if you.

I suggest you look into how other companies handle their professionals. I find no rhyme or reason to your pricing scheme.  Charge me once a client hires me. Establish a protocol to determine whether or not I have been hired. But do not charge me merely because someone asks if the date of their service is available on my calendar, and I reply that it is. Sometimes, I will not reply to a potential customer because I know that you will charge me to answer their question in my gut tells me that they are not seriously looking for a professional in my field.

I have one more criticism of your system. I think I have close to 80 reviews. All but three of them are five-star reviews. One of my reviews was for four stars, and even though the client contacted you indicating that she made a mistake, you did not change it. The other two reviews come from customers who never hired me, never paid me, never got any services from me yet they wrote bad reviews. I honestly think they were not looking for services but rather were "hired" by a competitor to give me bad reviews. Each time I have contacted you your response has been unsatisfactory. You have done nothing to change the reviews will remove them from my portfolio.  I was promised a call back on two of those occasions and I'm still waiting for your return call.

I remain one of your professionals, but I am not at all happy with your service and if you were charging me a monthly fee I would've close my account by now.

AMRPhoto
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I think your clueless to the photography industry. Your only success has been in devaluing the industry by professionals having to compete with low ball quote wannabe's 

I don't comprend how you can charge $60.00 for a quote in the amount of $400.00 because it was labled commercial while a quote for the same amount of $400.00 may only be charged $25.00 dollars being its lablel, portaits, or events.  I have seen quoted jobs where as many as 9 vendors have been contacted by a potential client where we're all charged $30.00 ea for all being asked the same question by a client and ending up that none were even hired! Thats $270.00 for Thumbtack and Zero! for the service providers.  We should not have to be charged unless that contact by the client is really indicative of their interest in hiring a specific vendor. We'd all be better served if you  took a commission which is priced based. Or perhaps a low fee for the first contact and then a second fee for being hired. 

Solved! Jump to solution

My complaints align with those of the other pros. We are paying for leads that most of the time go no where. We are paying a large amount per lead (professional organizer). The prices we are charged per lead are not explained to us in advance. If you do not sign up for the automatic replies to leads, which I am not able to, then the price you may is more than a small business owner like myself can afford or sustain for a long period of time. Because of this, I have had to reduce the number of projects that I actually bid on. Often times, customers will send you a message and will also send messages to other pros which means that each organizer is paying approximately $15 for the same lead (if 6 messages are sent to multiple organizers) that is adding up to alot of revenue by thumbtack. I have complaints several times to thumbtack but it seems that thumbtack is only interested in making money instead of focusing on the issues that their professionals have. Keep in mind, without the professionals, thumbtack, you wont have a business so much to consider. We are walking away, looking for other ways to get customers and/or bidding on projects less due to the expensive price per lead. 

I hope and pray that you are FINALLY listening and will make a change for the positive. 

Your "once" happy pro! 

Ebony

Reliable Organization Services

"YourMessMyStress"

Sopered8
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I have been with thumtack for a couple years now. And the way you have the pricing now is no good! You say you have a team that decideds on the cost for each lead. If that is the case thay don't know what they're doing. Because you are over charging. And you are not posting the cost for the lead. I thought I was only going to be changed when a lead response to me. That is not happening. I have been charged for leads that I have not gotten a response from.Over a $100 for 2 leads is crazy!! You need to go back to way it was.
Highlighted
Sopered8
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
10% of job is a far price.But need to come up with a way to find out how much a lead is being charged.And by witch pro.One way would be to ask the lead how much they paid.and to what pro.Then charge a 10%finders fee.But to do the 10% you would need to know how much and to witch pro.10% is not something you can guess at.
0 Kudos
TerryByte
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
What I dont like is that I get charged even when I dont get the job. I dont feel it is fair to get charged because someone responded to your quote but then choose another pro. The pro that gets the job should pay the fee. Seems like double dipping to me.
chefcristo
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

We should only be charged if we actually get a customer.  The new pricing concept is horrible.  I get charged for people who call me and I never even speak to them.  Also had a potential customer who I spoke to for 2 minutes fake they hired me to leave a nasty review.

It would be better to charge a monthly or annual fee and than take a second fee if client actually hires us.  

Spending more money for a service that is not producing more jobs.

Sopered8
Level 5
I think thumtack should only change for the leads that hire me.
Sbarco72
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Not sure when I get charged and how much. Some jobs are small and others customers wants several days worth of work for very little money. Some customer respond instantly to my quote then never respond again. I guess they open all offers and dont respond.
0 Kudos