Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
John291978
Level 4

Price Breakdown.

Solved! Jump to solution

I would like to know. How does Thumbtack come up with the prices.

I am a lawn care guy. I done understand how thumbtack charges more for jobs.

0 Kudos
KellyL
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
Overall I think the pricing works but I would like a pricing difference based on what is being served. Mixed drinks take more time, so worth more money.
Also I wish before a quote is sent we would get the opportunity to say yes or nay based on our availability. Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
colony1
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

I have a couple of issues with pricing, and as I've wrapped my mind around it the result is that I send quotes on fewer and fewer requests.  My service is photography, in this field, in my region, there is a huge amount of competition including people's own cameras and phones.  So when Thumbtack prices a particular portrait at, say, $150, that may reflect national norms but not at all what is normal in my region.  Good for the consumer, but not sustainable for providers.  At some point, I cannot make a sale that is fair to me and includes the overhead of paying Thumbtack, ESPECIALLY when so few quotes lead to sales.   If the price was based on the actual sale--5-10%--it would seem more fair for my situation.

0 Kudos
DJTyrone
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't think the rate you guys are charging pre request is fair, I'm currently paying $15 - $40 per gig. If it's a gig I'm booked for then I really don't care if you $50, but I'm getting charged for customers that only want to find out prices, customers don't respond to my quote and follow up messages, but yet still I'm charged for the contact and I'm pretty sure some of these people come on here with no intend to hire. I think you guys should go back to using credits or at least go back to that price range, if not you all will be losing a lot of vendors.

0 Kudos
StephenBott
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

The blank message being sent out as the only option for my instant matches seems off-putting. I've had multiple potential clients frustrated that it appears I didn't even read their request, or that they've been spammed. 

0 Kudos
Andres
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I believe that just getting the information by phone with a new client posibble and then base your lead price in that information , is just not fair the way that you guys determine what we pay for leads , some times the cost of a lead is more than we can charge to the custumer when we send our quotes and besides they are not ready to start the project .

Sincerely 

Andres 

0 Kudos
davehall
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm confused about my "budget." What do I need a budget for if I'm only being chrged when somoen contacts me? I'd rather have no set budget and rspond to ads that suit my work. When a customer responds I'll be glad to pay the (fixed) fee.

It seems you are needlessly complicating things.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I’ve backed away from using Thumbnail much lately. Got a lead that cost me way more than they previously cost, ($20 if I remember) only to not get the job.

When the leads were a few dollars I was willing to try more. But not at $20 for nothing
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I often get random messages that always say the same thing: "are you available on my date?" and then after I reply I get no response. I feel like this is spam or I'm just throwing money out the door. How can I be sure that I'm not being spammed? I don't mind paying for good leads, but how do we know if they are legit? Can you imagine how shady it looks to get several message a week that say the EXACT same thing, and none of them reply, even after I send multiple replies to them? It makes me feel like I'm being scammed. 

rpm902
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello, I am glad you asked because i have been thinking of canceling service because of pricing. I had home advisor and canceled it because of over charging. i would perfer going back to the old way when we could bid on jobs. I got more work that way and payed less. If you look at the jobs i got this year compare to last year it is significantly less. You have changed your format to be just like home advisor which is not a go idea. 

0 Kudos