Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
StLFacePaint
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
That's not up front. I need to see the price as soon as i look at the lead, preferably in the subject line of the email notification.

Plus the prices have gone up so much most of the time I assume it's not worth it.

You guys need to understand most leads don't book, so charging $10 is just too high.

Solved! Jump to solution

Glad to hear you implemented that, but dont you think it'd be better and seem more vendor friendly and less shady if we didnt have to click through things to find those details. It should be right there easy to see, next to the lead at all times. Also, feel free to read my earlier message, but to charge a vendor such a high fee for a contact alone is ridiculous, unless it is just a few bucks. There are 3 different companies that i've seen with 3 very different business structures and they are all successful and work.  Central Casting or maybe it's actors access or both, are closest to your structure, except they only charge a few bucks for each person to submit to the request and even offer a monthly fee to vendors who want to submit to unlimited amount of leads. Other than that the other two companies with great structures are Gigmasters and The Knot. I definatey have my preference but each of those companies seems to be doing it right and i think it'd be great your thumbtack to look into those to get some better ideas 

Percentages from closed leads makes more sense to me. 

Thumbtack Employee vinamrata
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

@tinogrigoriou thanks for your response, we really value your feedback!

We love it when our pros give us feedback because it helps us make Thumbtack better for everyone. When pros told us that they wanted to see prices upfront before sending quotes, we worked to make that happen. When we made the update at the end of August, we announced it here in the Community (keep checking back in the Community for all of the latest product news and updates).

Now if you look at the jobs in your Jobs tab, you can see the prices you’ll pay if the customers respond to you. We’ve tried different way of showing prices, and allowing pros to click Learn more to see the prices for jobs has proven to be the best version for our pros.

We still price jobs based on the value of the job. For example, that means big jobs generally cost more than small jobs. And if our technology detects from a customer’s first message that the customer isn’t interested at all, then we don’t charge you for that contact. The goal has been (and still is) to make the price match the value of the job and the likelihood that you’ll get hired. But now, you can get a better sense of the price upfront.

Thanks to the other pros who posted similar feedback on how to see prices!

@MYteddydog1 @StLFacePaint @TimTim44 @AKD @BurlesonBooths @timwing1 @tinogrigoriou @cacarovan @Mkat4464 @HouseCalls @HeatherRaeWi @Bondarchuk @Willardallison1 @pjacob94 @AVP @TAVConstruction @Pipecraft @MikeA @gigilee @Barbara @contentcreator @JJLouis @GSPPaint @joannoz @mmyang99 @SteveInSD @Jeffmiguel1 @MH @HappyPaws @wcgatchel @Jamie163 @Shanta @RoneeAguilar @VideoByKevin @happycm @Nobleman @26_Bentley @Ro @MaggieRadzwille @aubergine @AdroitInteriors @tym @TLFitness @DEW @Amygordondesign @DaveAZ @SillyCar @EddieiiMI @SparacinoPainti @DavidMf22 @Born2danceDJ @gursoncompany @DallasMike @Charlie @talewis78 @Andy_Levine @jprc2017 @TheRod @js1 @tfitzpatrick914 @teamWorks @MarketFresh @lloydmathis @gmoore9093 @HERETOHELP @luckynlove @xmanaged @AG @Elissa @cmcspell @CSS @Kelsey @RefinedCo @fredascott @AnneGoldberg @burokerstudios @AnyFit
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
Clearly you made this THE MOST vague un-personable response imaginable. This did not help us or answer our pleas for you to stop robbing us blind. Change things back to how they were and your company would flourish just as our business once did. You do not care about us only the amount of $ you can collect per lead. You took not one thing into consideration that any of us said and it's downright insulting. I feel like I was giving another computer-generated response which is the opposite of what I was looking. I really assumed that there was going to be some type of change which was silly on my part, for this reason I will never be using Thumbtack again.
SteveInSD
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I am quite confident that the vast majority of inquiries don't book with ANYBODY.  People are just curious about what an architect might cost, or they might not have a realistic idea of what the project will cost.  I like the idea of paying by the job you win.  I think we would all be willing to pay 5x the fee for jobs we win if inquiries were free.

cacarovan
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

That is great news. However, it should have been promoted. I had no idea it was there. Maybe I missed something in the Notifications that is constantly being filled up with irrelevant information. I too have been too afraid to send quotes for my Music Entertainment business because the last time I got contacted I was charged over $40 with no further responses from the client. Before that I was being charged a few dollars to quote. 

I would prefer a flat fee that makes sense. Or here's an idea - only charge if I get hired.

Dottiej
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

@Meckell, thank you for sharing the steps involved to find the amount we will be charged. 

It would be extremely helpful for those of us who use the Thumbtack Pro App on our phones, and even on our computers/laptops/pcs/etc., if the Requests showed the fee directly on the job details (at the top), like it used to, without us needing to click anywhere. 

The costs for me to quote a job has gone up 500-600%, sometimes even more.  The pressure to book a job is expotential, as are the fees being charged.   Just my personal experience.  This results in me needing to make cold, hard choices about whether, or not, I will continue using Thumbtack.  I know you've heard it over and again. 

The market in my immediate service are is very limited, as I live in rural Northern California.  To be competitive, I need to be willing to travel up to and in excess of 200 miles roundtrip, minimum of 1 time, maximum of 3-4 times, per job, if I'm lucky enough to book one, which I have not been since this series of changes have been implemented on Thumbtack.

Once again, thank you for describing what needs to be done to see the fee we will be charged upfront.  I hope that my input is useful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
colony1
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

This is an eye-opener for me; I thought these problems were particular for me in my region and business line.  Obviously not.  Cost of using Thumbtack is too high, there is no risk to the consumer or to Thumbtack, and the success rate is dismal.

NetPen
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I am replying to the Moderator.  Yes, now I see the price but the amounts are way out of line for the amount I am able to charge for the service.  You have priced yourself right out of my budget.

The one question I have is about who is setting the pricing?  Do you employ experts in each field who know the ins and outs of each business.  For example, one job may be priced at an entry level and yet the similar job, using different verbage is priced lower or higher.  No consistency.

HouseCalls
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

"To see the price all you need to do is select request details and then click "learn more". "  Really? This a lot of steps to go through, especially on a mobile device, to get to a page that only gives a vague idea of what quoting the job will cost you. It is also confusing as it is not intuitive. In the early days I could see at a glance what it would cost to quote and make snap decisions whether it was worth quoting. The last jobs I quoted through Thumbtack cost me more than 10 times what the same job would have cost me when I purchased credits. Those are also the last jobs I will quote through Thumbtack until the process is fixed. Another bitter taste is the fake emails I received that appeared that a customer was responding to a quote but were rather Thumtack tricking me into contacting the customer then getting charged for a quote that was never made. After a call to customer service I was left with a even more bitter taste in my mouth as the response to my concerns and confusion regarding the new process had the flavor of That's the way it is, Take it or leave it. ...BYE!