results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
rpm902
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello, I am glad you asked because i have been thinking of canceling service because of pricing. I had home advisor and canceled it because of over charging. i would perfer going back to the old way when we could bid on jobs. I got more work that way and payed less. If you look at the jobs i got this year compare to last year it is significantly less. You have changed your format to be just like home advisor which is not a go idea. 

0 Kudos
3010memo3010
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

My name is Guillermo and the pricing is sometimes a bit steep, cause like you said not all leads are landed.

For that reason I beleave that several pricings are high.

0 Kudos
karenhov
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

the only thing that I think is not fair with pricig that when we send the qote to a customer and some of them are not serious buyers they just reply that they are not interested or maybe they already thinkink or made a deccistion to hire another pro so they siply reply that they are not interested anymore or hires someone and we being charged as a lead responded. but in reality the customer dose not need any service and simpally communicating without knowing that simple message will cost us money. thnak you

0 Kudos
CS360
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I never knew that I was being charged? I sent an email to customer service and never heard anything? I'm not sure how it happened? When I used to go for a job there were already quotes sent and I was on the ball so it's really confusing? The once or twice I tried to get a job the client was way to low for what I normally make. So i'm not interested anymore as you (hopefully) can see I don't quote or try for jobs. 

0 Kudos
3010memo3010
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Your pricing have been getting steeper very fast. I like it more when you had the credit sistem.

easier to navegate and you had set pricing.

0 Kudos
gdubya
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Please go back to your original pricing.  Keep it simple.  I am not a fan of the current pricing structure.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I used to accept Thumbtack leads when they were free, but since I am an established professional with 47 years of experience, I don't need to pay anyone for leads. Because of the quality of my projects, I have more work than I can handle, so I sub-contract most of it and personally tackle the biggest jobs.

0 Kudos
Rv
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I enjoyed thumbtack when we first started our business...I feel that the prices were to accommodate small and growing businesses but now it seems that greed is being factored in. The prices have increased so much it makes it very difficult to maintain if your not landing the customers who don't follow through. We have been looking for other lead sites that offer a more affordable rate with less competition.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Questions About Cost of Thumbtack

Solved! Jump to solution

Sigh.
Even this.
I just spent TWO HOURS writing comments here and, because of the totally screwed up way you have of approaching your interface, I LOST THE ENTIRE POST.  
What the heck does "Your Discussion (required)" mean?  If it is required, shouldn't I be able to write something there?  Why won't it accept input?
Because I feared the possible loss of the text I selected it and copied it first.  But when I pasted it, all I got was

You discussion (required)

I'm not computer challenged.  I have been working within the scope of internet for 20 years; designing and developing websites, administrating sites, maintaining sites.  I KNOW how a properly functioning website should behave.  Yours doesn't measure up.

All that APART from the pricing vagarities.  

I am a wedding Officiant and I can tell you the cost and effort of providing that service is virtually the same for a wedding in a fancy venue for 200 in attendance and a wedding in a backyard for 20.  Pricing increases "based on whether we believe the job is more valuable or less valuable" is arbitrary at best.

How about assigning the cost of a contact to a percentage of the QUOTE?  A lower percentage for cattlecall requests for quote (when a prospective client responds) and a large percentage for a direct contact from a client (when I respond).  You arbitrary valuation of the worth of a job is not representative of the actual value which would be properly determined by what I would charge for the job and a client's acceptance of that price.  The number of Pro's in an area should have NO IMPACT on the price of the contact.  You make it cost us more when the competition is greater, but by the nature of supply and demand, where the supply is greater the cost of the service must necessarily come down.  Basically, you take more of our profit just because you can - not becuase we choose to spend more in promotion.

meganberven
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I miss when you could buy your credits. It helped with budgeting for how much I would want to spend on Thumbtack each month. Now it fluctuates so much and I don't really get a lot of business from this website so it isn't worth it to me. Things change too much and just aren't beneficial at all to the pros, only to customers. They get free quotes while you take any amount you want from our bank when we may not even get hired.

0 Kudos