Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Godwithus2
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
I'm going to be very honest with you Thumbtack team.
1- I am sad that the Thumbtack company charges so much for one job. I've told you before $10.00 a job and no more.
2- You keep giving jobs that are way out of my driving range and time. I live in CLAREMORE, OKLAHOMA. And you keep sending me jobs from other states. I wasn't born yesterday day. People.
3- You need to build a office in or around the Tulsa Oklahoma area instead of california. Where you can have a better idea of what we as lawn care maintenance people do for a living, instead of a computer. Well that's all from me this evening.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Godwithus2 if you're seeing jobs that aren't within your area I'd be sure to check your travel preferences and the Advanced Settings. There's currently a thread with some similar conversations and clarification HERE. Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
Beatanner
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Why not make it simple and affordable $5.00 to bid
jconsult4u
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I have read a lot of the feedback here and I very much agree with most of what I have read. I have stopped using Thumbtack and I have had success using Thumbtack in the past.  Your Inconsistency with lead pricing and the fact that some of these request/leads cost $75 or more and we the pros most pay even if they call or contact us and are just price shopping. It makes no sense as a business to pay for leads like that. I have talked to Thumbtack about their pricing model and got nowhere.

Hopefully, you will figure your pricing model out and make it affordable and consistent for the pros that keep Thumbtack in business... 

Let all know when you do, as I would come back if it made sense and I do agree with the statement that you should charge the potential clients/customers at least a small fee as they have no accountability and half are not serious about needing help, as they risk nothing....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
pcbrad
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been a pro since 2014, over 120 jobs won , Mostly 5 star reviews, and I wonder the direction of Thumbtack, at times.  Will I have a job tomorow , is my question. Why do I have to stop what I am doing and review every operator at Thumbtack when I make a simple phone call to help desk. The operators at every company in the world are reviewed, and believe me they are not usually the problem the company faces. You want me to now stop, what I am doing and tell Marco what is up. OK! I worked for HOME ADVISOR also and they are struggling with the same issue. What is the market value of a lead to a pro. I realize its all in the numbers of leads you through out.  It usually takes 2 - 5 leads a day to win one in my field of computer repair. It varies!  But , I am not saying i will pay 12dollars for one lead.  I talk alot to potential customers and they decide not to do it sometime., but I am billed for talking only.  So billing is uneven! One price for one bid! You sell the bid to me and I do all the work after that. Dont bug my customers for reiviews, dont bid for me, dont do anything except background checks.  I dont need the Thumbtack school of business. I need good ,solid leads one price!! It evens out because ya get the good with the bad and there is no CONFUSION!  I dont think I have paid a bill yet, You dont need a collections department because the bids are sold at time of transaction. You dont need people changing company structure who dont know **bleep** about the effects of that change. Quit asking customers about how to run your company Marco.  I thought about buying ity at one point if its for sale. Does Emily still work there!  She was the smartest lady there!

0 Kudos
JKK
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
I have two businesses which I tried with you guys. The landscape business is the type of work that can only be quoted fairly by visiting the property physically, the way you guys have your system we end up paying for ghost clients which never answer back and we lose our money without no results. For the coaching business the system is set up in a way where we are competing with counselors and therapists, neither giving us any real results or any real clients. In my experience what I’m starting to see is that companies that serve as the middle man will slowly die out as more and more professionals see what a waste of money and energy it really is. It’s not about how much we pay for a lead , it’s about how tricky the categories are set up so that potential clients get approached by so many professionals from all departments except what they are truly seeking.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
Im not really fond of how you all do the prices. Like honestly a lot of the people who request the services will reply and not hire you but we still get charged. I think you all should only charge only if you get hired. Because when they respond and don't hire us we still lose money. And then the rate goes up and down. I don't like that at all.
0 Kudos
Done-Wright
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't understand the idea that I have to pay if a potential client responds to my quote. Sometimes, their response is, "No thank you." So I just paid Thumbtack to have a client turn me down. I could understand if they hired me, then you could charge me, but charging for any response is unnecessary. I am considering leaving Thumbtack for this and other reasons...I also have a very specific company (t-shirt blankets), and my company can be found under quilting and crochet...I could understand being under the quilting, but why is crochet thrown in there!? Sorry...just venting now...

-je

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Done-Wright thank you for sharing your thoughts on pricing with us. I want to clarify real quick that a "No thank you" will not be a contact that you're charged for. You can learn more about when and what you're currently charged for HERE.

0 Kudos
Done-Wright
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I HAVE been charged for a "no thank you." That is why I mentioned it, I would not have if I hadn't been charged.

I am not even getting charged the amounts that others are, but each of my expenditures are important to me, no matter how big or small.

-je

0 Kudos