Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Cpetersen
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
The pricing of Thumbtack has gone up. I do not like the fact I do not know the price before I respond. I received a direct match today but it was $22.00 to respond. I am not interested in spending that kind of money on a lead. I love the application, but I need more financial control. Some weeks I spend $300 in leads and I have no way of knowing if which leads paid which amount. Allot.of the time the information goven is not even what they wanted done. I would prefer a monthly subscription fee or a base fee per lead but not knowing is an issue.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I really enjoyed it 18 months ago - I would spend the time writing and paying $5 or so to those I wanted too ..... and only if they bit did we pay

Why change that ? We were credited back when they didn’t respond and we even got credits which - hey TT - was incentive for me to keep coming back

This philosophy that TT is somehow saving us money is a complete load of crap ......if people wanted me before it was$5 ...... now it’s $23 for every . Single . Job .

Sorry TT - I cant afford you . I’m taking my $$$ and my pro status and investing in other marketing campaigns

I’ve hung around long enough . Maybe if enough of us Pros walk TT will learn

0 Kudos
Brent71
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
My biggest concern is I have no idea what I'm being charged for each lead.
0 Kudos
dcagent111
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I’ve been with Thumbtack for about 6 years now, but at the prices being charged for bids, I doubt I’ll stay. When I started originally you could pay $3 or so for a bid...now the same bid can be astronomical depending on what your San Francisco cost of living is. The pricing should be reduced to let the bidders have a stand at winning the bids, not just to make you money. When a bidder has to add the cost of a $12 bid to a ceiling fan install, and they live in certain areas of the country, they just won’t win the job because you price yourself out after adding the cost of the bid to the job...this equals no profit.
I haven’t used any bid service from y’all in over two months, and will not use your services until the prices are either reduced, or at least valued based on locality.
I’m in the “Top Pro” category, and would like to continue with your services, but not at the current rates and charges.
0 Kudos
IanJames
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I've been using Thumbtack since 2014 and I'm a Top Pro, but I'm completely losing faith in Thumbtack. Your prices are getting way too expensive and I'm just not getting a good enough return on investment. I quote extremely little now because I simply don't feel like wasting my money. I'm seriously considering removing myself from Thumbtack unless you come up with a better system by the end of the year. What would be fair to me is getting charged only if I get hired.

TheisPhotos
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
This newer pricing structure seems completely skued. I can have 3 bids go out for the exact same thing and be charged 3 different prices. Or it seems if I haven't used up my budget for the week and say only had contact with one client, you guys swoop in and take the remainder of the budget for the 2nd contact. I think potential clients would be more vested if they have a small fee to pay or have some responsibility in responding to the quotes sent instead of them flaking and not giving the courtesy of a response. They shouldn't have so many options either. That can be overwhelming to them.
0 Kudos
lenaebdgr
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I guess it makes sense.   It's just very hard to put a price on things related to music.  It doesn't fall into categories like plumbers or carpenters.  It seems you've been pretty fair about not charging me if the customer's contact with me is to say they I'm too far away or they changed their mind, etc.  It seems like a strange amount to charge, but since very few customers respond to my quotes, it's been OK.  I wish I knew why customers don't respond after they view my quote, especially when they live very close by, but that's a different topic.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mcierley
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I feel that with the new instant match the prices have become a bit high. I am also really not liking the new customer emails. When the customer sees the profile an emails you directly. This feels a bit like extortion to me. It is bad business to not resond, however, the charge to respond is very high.

As a business owner we are almost given no choice, we have to pay, or ignore the customer, and get a bad wrap. It is simply unfair to the pros that have suppoorted Thumbtack this long. This has happened to me twice. I paid over $30 each time, and never got a responce back from the customer. 

Also about the same time tht the instant match started converting messages to clients has become harder.  Three years ago I used Thumbtack excusivley, but now I have used the money I would have used to bid on jobs and joined RevLocal. I am sure that this is just because you have more pros now. But it isn't really working for us any longer.

Thank you for the opportunity to submit feedback.

With joy,

Melissa

0 Kudos
Izzy
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
In the beginning it was a good option because it was based on credit and it wasn’t expensive. Unfortunately, lately I feel it’s become a ripoff. I don’t think it’s worth it anymore. It’s more expensive now and the chances of getting hired are lower.
mlehnert0208
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Ok Vinamrata, I'll play along and use your format. I've poked holes in your pricing theories below. It would be great to go back to the previous payment plan/scale or somehow weed out those that are not truly licensed and insured wedding planners/coordinators (that's the industry I am in) and only allow those to be in here that are.  

• You pay a different amount for each lead based on whether we believe the job is more valuable or less valuable.
    • How do you KNOW if the job is more or less valuable? I'm a wedding planner. Does that mean you are trying to determine if they are really getting married and not a competitor trying to get pricing from the competition? We are not able to know their specific budget anymore as that's been taken away, so this is a moot point. 
  • The cost of each lead varies based on factors like the type of job, the size of the job, the number of pros available, and the customer’s interest.
    • Again, I feel like we are not speaking the same language here. Your model may work for different industries, but this is not a one size fits all bill. When it was $5-10 a quote, sure, if was more of an equal playing field, or even when we were paying in credits. Now though, how the system works, I'm being charged $40-60+ for a response. I've sometimes gotten responses and been charged when they don't even warrant the charge (for example, the person telling me I didn't include my price, when it's cliearly in there, as it has to be in order for me to quote them). The last round of changes to how we are charged for quoting has really left a sour taste in my mouth these last few months. With the amount of money I've wasted on bids to responses, the changes haven't netted the ROI for myself to continue utilizing Thumbtack like I did back at the begining of the year. I'd be better off investing the money in boosting my Instagram posts, doing bridal shows or some other forms of advertisements. 
  • If we don’t have enough pros in a market to meet customer needs, you might even get the lead for free.
    • This is NEVER the case with the wedding industry. There are never not enough pros where we would get a lead for free because as soon as the lead responds, guess what, we are charged! Nice try here.