Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Alkemi_GSO
Level 2

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I no longer use Thumbtack services for exactly the reasons listed by so many other contractors here. You were typically charging me anywhere between 15% and 30% of estimate for some of the worst leads I've ever dealt with. Several people with zero knowlegde of what they were asking and no money to pay for services. A few who had misrepresented the scope of the work requested, but of course I'VE ALREADY HAD TO PAY THUMBTACK so no choice but to do the work anyway rather than risk losing the "client".

I complained about this repeatedly and asked for a few refunds in especially crappy situations. Mostly, your customer service reps were comforting but provided no real solutions.

I experienced a slight dip in business after leaving Thumbtack, but am now doing better than ever and not giving large chunks of my income for the privelidge.

0 Kudos
hermanarmas
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I like the app too much. However, last week I spent $47 in thumbtack, and I produced only $35. I know you are charging twice, one for sending quotes and other for getting responses from customer. It would be great if you only could make only one charge. I also made 2 pros recommendations, but I’m. It getting any credit yet.

Solved! Jump to solution

Changing the pay structure does not work!  I was charged $44 for one client answering a call and never heard back from them.  I will never use Thumbtack again.

Sandy65
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
I like the old pricing plan. $3.33 to send a quote. I knew up front what I was paying. With your new “pay only if they respond” method, I’m paying more. I’ve had people contact me to thank me for my interest, but they are going with someone else. I’m paying for them being polite (which I appreciate very much), with zero hope of making money. At least with the old plan it was one rate up front, and the corresponding had no bearing. Your new method sounds good, but costs more than before.
0 Kudos
LM_DCN
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I loved being on your site and did extremely well with Thumbtack becoming a Top Pro two years in a row. Since your price change for quotes my faith in your company has diminished. I have also discussed the way you price quotes with your customer service. In my opinion I feel you should go back to how your company used to function with charging a specific amount per quote, with giving you an in-house credit if the prospect doesn't respond within a certain timeframe. Your new pricing system isn't a one size fits all and seems to be effecting all of us on your site. On a positive note, your customer service has always been very helpful when I've had questions or concerns. I'm sure other Pros on your site will agree that we would love to see your company reverse these new changes that you've made. My hope is that you'll listen to our constructive criticism.
0 Kudos
Jeremy79
Level 1

Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
It would be much better for us Garage Door installation and repair guys if we could just pay when hired. I mean one can use up there weekly budget way to quick because we have to pay just to talk to someone.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
CLINTtheDJ
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Same here. Thumbtack was a feasable marketing strategy when it only cost a few dollars for a lead. It would also be feasable to pay a higher amount upon being hired.  But paying the higher amount, and still not getting the job, means that I'm just throwing away money. What if one of my competitors gets the bright idea to have all their friends "call me", just to bankrupt my advertising budget?

0 Kudos
moonmother
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I get charged when someone responds to my quote for flowers for a wedding. It would be more fair if I was charged if I booked the wedding. Sometimes (most times) the bride just has questions and doesn't book.
CadyFalls114
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Let’s talk pricing I went all through what it allowed me too I see the drastic changes in Thumbtacks favor and also see in my inbox the billions of emails pushing to talk and message so that you can change me. I also can go through this recent list I’m being charge and found half that I didn’t do services on but you don’t care as I messaged them. I can do that with every week and it’s in your favor not mine I should only be changed $2 for each instead I’m charged $4 to $8 each and half is on your behalf you reading this and saying what is she complaining about well my service is traveling in home dog grooming most of my services are in the $60 range I bring towels that’s my cost washing those dirty towels is my cost traveling from my home to the clients home is gas when I’m going into Boston it’s tolls and parking in additional to my gas my equipment needs to be serviced and I need grooming tools and blades which are $35-$40 a blade when those blades need sharpening it cost me $15 a blade find my scissors need sharpening it cost me $30 a pair for simple scissors I supply the shampoos and conditioners to wash the dog I have two Dremels they cost $100 each Ear cleaner cotton balls toothbrushes dog toothpaste etc. etc. By the end of the day I’m lucky if I making five dollars on a grooming after all my expenses most of my travel is between an hour to an hour and a half from client to client this is no easy job if I get hurt on the job it’s on me no one else if I get fined in Boston for parking two minutes over the meter I just went in the hole by $40 So do you see where I’m going with this these $5.00 to $8.00 charges Are off-the-wall crazy pricing for me when I am not making much on each client or dog I groom. Every time I text into somebody to complain I have them turning it around as you message them you can’t win every job it’s not our fault excuse me I am really trying hard to do my part in my business I would say 220 5 star reviews covers it. And as far as reviews Go I have called in regarding that as well because the system has been messed up on thumbtacks and I have called in numerous times and got nowhere as I should have maybe another hundred 5 star reviews added to my list but because there was issues with the review system there are many clients that could not be asked for reviews due to the system And this is been on the long term The only ones that Are getting rich now is thumbtack its not the little person who is working so hard to try to make a living and getting beaten down with prices. Since you do not allow screenshots or pictures I cannot prove it to you guys or anyone else because you don’t allow us to attach the proof because I could go through my account and show you the proof with every payment I’ve made. I really don’t like working for free and my account is sitting with a balance because I do not have the money to pay the $68 you’re charging me and because I owe $68 I get no work which means I get no money coming in which means you don’t get paid $68 You Have ran my account dry thank you thumbtack. So now I don’t only owe $68 I owe and additional $30 bounced fee as well so the total is $98 charge for what ? I have no clue.
Cathy
0 Kudos
Jefe
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
first thing is everybody knows you don't know how much the jobs going to cost until you see it and even when you see it things change unforeseen obstacles more labor more material that being said about the only really fair thing you could do is send a generalized price and let the customer know that could go up or down but this is ballpark and you charge too much per call
0 Kudos