Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
PropPicz
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

AMEN to every word. I'm going to find your TT group on facebook. So frustrated. I now have to source other platforms.

Pat
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

OK, I did my little rant, but you want specific's so let me delve into it a bit deeper from a construction contractors point of view, so you know where I am coming from.

First you are operating under a few false premises: First of which is that one lead is more valuable than another. To you they are, but to us, the contractor, the business owner, they are not. A lead is simply a lead, not a job, nor will the vast majority ever lead to a job. You have tire kickers, (just curious how much something would cost IF i decided to do it), The comparitive shoppers ( those that have a contractor or a buddy and they just want to see if they are getting a fair price), The bull**bleep**ters (those that like to screw with folks) and ocasionally a legitimate lead. A lead is simply that, a lead. An opportunity to maybe get our foot through the door. Nothing you folks do helps in any way securing the job. That is us, 100% my ability to sell the job, and myself as the best choice for them to complete their project.

Secondly, that because a customer responds to us, that we are getting the job, or that the person will ever hire someone. It doesn't even guareentee that I will ever see the project, or will ever actually speak to the potential customer in person.

Thirdly, that somehow paying for a response, is somehow better for me that paying a substantiually lower rate for sending a quote. Since it's inception, the quality of the leads has dropped expotentially. When I viewed the leads prior to "the change", I could pick and choose, tailor each quote to the lead, and knew how many folks I was bidding against. Now  ???

Fourth, That somehow having a superdupper TT approved profile is going to help me get the job. A nice profile might get me a call from the client, but has no bearing on whether you secure the job or not. Again that is all me. My sales ability.

Lastly, is your idea of what a quote/response is worth. You are looking at a price for one quote and one response, and your premise that every response leads to work, while the reality is much different. In a perfect world, bidding against 5 others, each of us would secure 1 job.  The reality is bidding against 5 others you would be doing well to secure 1 in 7-8.  With you folks sending 10-15 quotes, it dropps expotentially. So lets do the math, I get one job from 7-8 quotes....60x7 = $420 per job, which I now have to try to pass along to the customer. And I am paying this when you unleashed all the cutthroats. Folks don't have to pay to quote so they just quote everything, and lowball in the hopes that they land a job or two.  I know, because I look at the stats, and the folks I am bidding against...no reveiws, 1 reveiw, etc. I say good luck to them, and good luck to you

SergeRurik
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

i completely agree with this statement no I see only window shoppers. The last real client who found me by applying via thumbtack I have 24 weeks ago so thumtack come be absolutely useless !

sueball2
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Totally agree with everyone else!  I completly dislike this new system!  I stopped using your service all together.

Highlighted
Stage66
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Agree
NetPen
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Since you started making the drastic changes, pricing has skyrocketed and jobs depleted.  I agree with Pat that the leads, especially the ones who contact me and I need to pay, are dead ends.  I no longer rely on Thumbtack for leads.  I will spend my money on upgrades to my website and the internet.

I find your system for leads extremely confusing.

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree with you
Jill-Smiley
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
AMEN‼️
SG1
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree, I was using Thumbtack exclusively last year, then something changed and it was no longer beneficial to do so. I recently started trying to use them again, and nothing like before. So I will not be able to using them in the near future.
Jflex
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I’d prefer being charge a monthly or yearly rate. I had several inquiries and I was billed for people making small talk or asking questions. Mostly asking how far I was from their location and they weren’t willing to drive 90 minutes away. I don’t like paying for inquiries that don’t pan out.