Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 23817: Model of when you get charged
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
JLau
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
The most confusing part is the ambiguity of what I’m being charged. Or why people an hour away can send me a message (charging me) when it would be totally inconvenient and non profitable to travel for my current listed price. This needs to be taken into account. Also a way to freeze my account so I can take a break from being charged and still see some requests since my schedule is very full and limited I don’t like being charged too much just for comparing schedules.
0 Kudos
ProKaren
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I’m currently having my first major problem with Thumbtack. I have been exclusively with you for more than 2 years.
I was quite satisfied with the “Pay for Quotes” until I learned that after you quote the job, you did not get the client’s contact info.
And you paid for every quote whether or not the client contacted you.
I sent a Text and that was corrected/changed.

Now I’m was quoting my packing, unpacking, declutter and organize services under “Local Moving” and getting jobs. However, I was also getting charged the “Movers” rate and not the “Packing/Unpacking” or “Organize” rate.

I tried texting and they were not able to help. I called and was told they would review it.

It’s been almost a month and I haven’t heard anything from them.

Please review my Payments to Thumbtack and see what can be done. I relocated from Chicago to Ft. Lauderdale August 1st.

Thank you for your assistance with this matter. I look forward to hearing from you or whoever can make the changes and credit my account.

In the event, nothing can be done, I will have no other choice but to transfer my account elsewhere.

Thx!
Karen
Pro Organizer
773-629-0290
0 Kudos
CraigV23
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Up until your recent changes, I felt the pricing was competitive.  I have recently decreased my use of Thumbtack significantly due to pricing.  I will now only use it if someone directly contacts me requesting a quote.  And I may stop that soon.  Your prices are now excessive.  It costs me an average of 7.5% of my (potential) gross fee to quote - and that's assuming they book which they don't always do.

0 Kudos
Kbarr531
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
As far as personal training is concerned you are all over the place with your prices. And it seems that you are duplicating charges. Also at times I would like for no charges to take place for a week or 2. There is no way of stopping you from charging me even if there is no exchange between me and a client. What gives? Please rectify this situation. Also we should not be charged just for giving information to potential clients. Requests come in but there is no follow up by the requester even though we are getting charged. Hope you can rectify this as well.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
The princing now is ridiculous before with $100 i can send like 5 gigs and probably get 1 or 2 answers back now fir the same amount i only be able to send 1 may be 2 and no answer and thumbtack keep the money before this was a good place to take some job now days they just want to take your money is more expensive than others now
0 Kudos
GiGi
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I loved Thumbtack when I first started because of the low prices and feasibility. I then was confused when the prices went up from $3 to $10. I started using other places with similar traits like GigSalad because they only charge if you get hired and it's really low like $3.00 at most! I love how I know I will not be charged if I do not get hired. On Thumbtack I felt like I get screwed over for not getting hired.

Jill-Smiley
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I’m not happy at all with what i’m being charged on Thumbtack. As a new business owner i’m charged every time i’m asked a question‼️ I’ve only had 1 job through you guys other than that i’m being charged for every question that diesn’t even Lead to a sale. I’ve spent money I can’t afford to waste on your site. If you LAND A JOB that’s when you should be charged NOT BEFORE‼️ I find this site to be for established business owners with a following (reviews & pics), not for me (just starting out). I’m constantly WASTING MONEY‼️
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution

Since introducing your new system it has become very expensive however I prefer people contacting me rather than having to send endless proposals, which was very time consuming.

I maybe break even. There are a number of reasons I believe.

1. people happily press the canned response button when they really have no genuine interest. Each 'what do we do next' or whatever seems to cost be $15 or more and usually means nothing. It would be better if a 'response' was someone actually writing what they wanted to work on or know. As it is I maybe convert one in 5-7 so called responses into a real dialogue. If they add a pesonal note I usually always have that a client.

2. As a hypnotherapist and not a therapist I often resolve people's issues with one session which means as I only charge $79 and usually only get a real client every 5-7 responses. Luckily I get a few people who need more than one session which means I still continue with Thumbtack.

Thumbtack is good for getting me clients that I would never have found myself that's for sure.

0 Kudos
hschouten
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

I also agree that pricing is now out of control..    Secondly;  I also believe the costomer has too much power to play games with our time and money.   Finally;  As a five plus year user of Thumbtack,  I've really enjoyed their service.  However,  I really feel that this "New way  of doing business is going to be the Deth of Thumbtach"...

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

It's too high for the professional.  The leads may lead to no work being done, hence, no money being made.  I know, you're going to say, let us help you improve your quotes.  You charge too much period.  These sites are a dime a dozen now, you guys are the ones who need to change if you want to stay afloat.  It seems  many professionals feel the same way.