Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
To day I get one of the standardize ? Whats you availability? Will be charged for a ? That was answered when i bid on job. Its become more of a rip off then a benefit.
0 Kudos
willyg9504
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi I reply couple day ago....i did not gett any response...you can call at 4075496985.
0 Kudos
Rpmbodywork
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Very rarely do I use you to send quotes anymore. I stopped when I have to pay for inquiries who choose me just to find out they’re mostly just interested inquiries. No serious about seeking service. Then now I find that I have to pay to respond to an inquiry when they message me over. I seriously stopped using your service as first lead generator when he lead requests have become water down and useless. I get a much better ROI from my other forms of marketing and advertisements.
Customhome
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Thumbtack was awesome in the beginning for us. Now with the huge rate increase per lead contacted it is becoming something I am leery of. We have received several wonderful clients from thumbtack but there are many many more leads that go nowhere. It was much more feasible for our small business at $10-$15 per lead. Now it’s spiked to $60. I like that y’all aren’t charging unless customer contacts us but even when they do, most of the time the lead goes nowhere and yet I’m still paying an arm and a leg. I also don’t like how the price fluctuates so much. Regarding instant match, we would love to do that as well but in our industry there are so many variables in giving quotes that we simply can’t simplify it down like that. I aprreciate y’all asking for feedback. We dropped home advisor because of the massive rate spikes per lead and would hate to have to drop thumbtack as well.

Solved! Jump to solution
The nature of my business is very unique! This being said, there are times that there are NO charge/s for my services-By donation.
While I have worked with Thumbtack for almost 10 years...The current structure for leads is prohibiting
(I have not used Thumbtack since "Self Made" event!). While I do value the leads...Paying more than ever for quotes simply keeps me off Thumbtack. I feel a structure that allows for the lead to be paid when the job is completed would be advantageous for me & many others on the Thumbtack platform. It is not cost effective to pay for 5 quotes for "what if" leads... The only entity with the guaranteed business with this structure is Thumbtack. Let's make this mutually beneficial! Until then...I will prospect elsewhere~
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi, thanks for doing this! I'm glad you guys are taking the time to listen to your customers.

I understand the pricing, and I have understood every rendition of it for the past year. My issue with the current pricing is that I am paying a LOT to still not guarantee a booking. I didn't mind paying a small amount every time I sent a quote because I could control how much I spent right from the beginning. I still don't mind the idea of paying only when a client responds because honestly, they don't respond very often. But with the current model, I have no control over the fluctuations. I can send 10 quotes in a week and have no responses one week, and 10 responses but only 2 bookings the next week. That's a huge variation in spending, even with the weekly spending budget in place.

So, here's my recommendation, as a photographer. 

Either,

1. Charge a 10% fee on the professional's price to the professional (don't make the client pay obviously) WHEN THE CLIENT MARKS AS HIRED. It pays off to book for you and for me. Just make sure to encourage the clients to book through your website and arrange things so that the client REALLY wants to hit that "mark as hired" button.

OR

2. Charge a flat annual fee or monthly fee to be a professional on this website.

You could maybe do a blend of the two, but then it needs to be a fair and affordable annual/monthly fee, and it should be more of a 3-5% booking fee.

That's my advice. I am thankful for all the clients you guys have put me in front of, and I hope this discussion proves to be helpful! Thanks again for taking the time to listen to our feedback!

beep777
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I am newer to TT and do not know what the old system was, but I do not believe i want to be charged just for giving a quote. At this current moment, only 3 of my last 23 quotes have been viewed and I usuallu quote in less than five minutes after the job has been posted. I am a tax preparer and the last deadline was yesterday, so this is not a job that they were looking to have done in the next year or two. If I am charged per quote, I would like to be refunded if the quote is not viewed in a week.

I don't know how an online company can make it when most of their users are mad at them and don't like the way they do things. It is also surprising the number of emails in this thread that think TT itself is behind the bogus contacts that get us charged.  I am on the fence on this issue.

B

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Boogietek
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

One big problem I see Thumbtack is doing here is to putting all the statistics together to make changes to their platform.  But I think each jobs category have different needs and different ways to work with client-to-vendor.  For example, I'm on the wedding photography and videography business, I've started using Thumbtack in 2014 and I can tell that 2015 and 2016 were very successful with so many gigs.  But since Thumbtack started to make changes to the way they work, things have been falling down to the point that right now is COMPLETELY USELESS. 

0 Kudos
HeyCanWeTalk
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

First of all thank you very much for what you are doing. I have reached so many people seeking help. I even cancelled my other advertising venues because of their lack of production based on your performance. My issue is the questions I am charged for when I have placed in my profile the answers to those questions and tell the potential client to "Read My Profile, It Will Answer Many Questions." These questions are, what Insurance do you accept (answer in profile), where are you located (answer in profile), do you see couples together or separately (answer in profile), Let me check with my spouse and I will call you (in profile, I tell them to check with their spouse and if the spouse is in agreement, then call me and lets get started).

Some have even gone out and booked appointments with me and when I contact them to verify the appointment, there is no response. So I wait on them in hopes they may show up, they don't and I am still charged. There are some jobs I want to respond to but for the price I will not. I am afraid the person will ask me a question already in my profile and my budget is shot. 

Solved! Jump to solution

Another possible solution would be to not charge the professional until the work is done and the customer has paid.  Don't give the professional any other leads or let them use your platform until they pay for the previous lead.